dcsimg

Looking to get a Pressure Washer

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I am looking to get a pressure washers. I wondering what would be a good size to get for pressure washer.

I did have smaller one in the past that didn’t last that long. Look forward hearing your opinions and recommendations on pressure washers.

I am most likely want to buy electric on over gas.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Electric. Unless you’re gonna be using it all the time for heavy duty work or there isn’t a reasonable distance to the electrical outlet, go electric. Pressure washer motors don’t like long extension cords for longevity.

Last one I bought was a Kobalt 1800 PSI at Lowes just because it was good price on sale and my other one was pooching out slowly.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Electric. Unless you’re gonna be using it all the time for heavy duty work or there isn’t a reasonable distance to the electrical outlet, go electric. Pressure washer motors don’t like long extension cords for longevity.

Last one I bought was a Kobalt 1800 PSI at Lowes just because it was good price on sale and my other one was pooching out slowly.

I not expecting to be using one all the time. But one never knows until we have one. I will have keep in mind not use one long extension cords.

Do you feel 1800 psi pressure washer does a good job for you?

Greg

Doobie

I not expecting to be using one all the time. But one never knows until we have one. I will have keep in mind not use one long extension cords.

Do you feel 1800 psi pressure washer does a good job for you?

It’s fine. I’ve used it lots to clean up old patio stones. You have to get the right spray pattern going, and it takes a while as you are doing an inch wide per pass, but it works. Stones come out like they just came from the store. Just takes time.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Be careful about the psi rating you buy. More is not always better, unless you plan on stripping paint off of structural steel…lol. You only need enough to clean but not so much it causes damage. It will also depend on the nozzle and the distance you are from a surface.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

Be careful about the psi rating you buy. More is not always better, unless you plan on stripping paint off of structural steel…lol. You only need enough to clean but not so much it causes damage. It will also depend on the nozzle and the distance you are from a surface.

I recall using a super high powered industrial one for washing company trucks on my company car over 30 years ago. Couldn’t understand why the area I thought that had a dirt fragment kept on getting bigger. After it grew from a speck to silver dollar size in no time, I realized I was peeling the paint.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Good point Jim! I don’t plan stripping paint of structural steel. Just plan using pressure washer around the house.
    I have own smaller pressure washers before that last very long at all.

When we had a RV trailer the guy beside would use his pressure washer to wash his trailer twice year. He ran his pressure washer longer then I would have. The pressure washers I owned never seemed to last.

I recall using a super high powered industrial one for washing company trucks on my company car over 30 years ago. Couldn’t understand why the area I thought that had a dirt fragment kept on getting bigger. After it grew from a speck to silver dollar size in no time, I realized I was peeling the paint.

Oh crap this happen to me when I washing a brand new company truck. I noticed the paint peeling before too much peeled off.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh crap this happen to me when I washing a brand new company truck. I noticed the paint peeling before too much peeled off.

Oh man that is terrible, oh well live and learn.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Oh man that is terrible, oh well live and learn.

It really wasn’t that bad. But you are right live and learn.

Greg

I had two Karchers (K3, I think) that both died in less than a season. I then moved on to Bosch Green. I went through four with each failing before the first day was done. All were returned

Im now on a “pro” electric Sun Joe. Got it in the spring and have used it probably a dozen times so far. No complaints

Not that my limited use is high praise, but I’m not going near Karcher’s lower-end or Bosch Green again

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I had two Karchers (K3, I think) that both died in less than a season. I then moved on to Bosch Green. I went through four with each failing before the first day was done. All were returned

Im now on a “pro” electric Sun Joe. Got it in the spring and have used it probably a dozen times so far. No complaints

Not that my limited use is high praise, but I’m not going near Karcher’s lower-end or Bosch Green again

The last pressure washer I had was Karcher. I can’t remember the model. I am staying away from them also.
    I have been looking at the Sun Joe pressure washers. What model do you have? Sounds like you would use a pressure washer as much as I would.

Greg

The last pressure washer I had was Karcher. I can’t remember the model. I am staying away from them also.

I have been looking at the Sun Joe pressure washers. What model do you have? Sounds like you would use a pressure washer as much as I would.

I went with the
    Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX Electric Pressure, Black (the MAX part is important)
    Picked it up from Amazon Canada

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I went with the

Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX Electric Pressure, Black (the MAX part is important)

Picked it up from Amazon Canada

Thanks very much I will look at this model.

Greg

I have a pressure washer , funny thing is I hardly ever use it , I should try it out for cleaning the weeds out from the patio stone area ,
    I’ll go take a picture of it later today , I actually don’t even know what brand it is , 🤷‍♂️

Doobie

I have a pressure washer , funny thing is I hardly ever use it , I should try it out for cleaning the weeds out from the patio stone area ,

I’ll go take a picture of it later today , I actually don’t even know what brand it is , 🤷‍♂️

You will get splashed on all over doing that. I know I do whenever the jet of water gets into in between my pavers.

You will get splashed on all over doing that. I know I do whenever the jet of water gets into in between my pavers.

Hahaha yeah I know , I tried it once years ago here , and I was kinda in a hurry , but never finished , or bothered again , it was like you said , to messy

This is what I have ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

This is what I have ,

I can’t say I have seen that kind pressure washer before. How old is it?

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I should try it out for cleaning the weeds out from the patio stone area ,

Although it may work, you have to get the root to kill the weed.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is what I have ,

Oh boy , easily over 20 years , I bought it for cleaning up the old deck I had , and a few other things , but it’s basically just been hanging out in the garage , I should give it a try when I get spare time ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

This is what I have ,

Oh boy , easily over 20 years , I bought it for cleaning up the old deck I had , and a few other things , but it’s basically just been hanging out in the garage , I should give it a try when I get spare time ,

Sounds like it must be a good one then. If you have had for 20 years. That is the thing most home owners don’t pressure that much. Maybe a few times a year washing the deck, patio furniture, and cars.

I did look at the Sun Joe pressures washers yesterdays They did have good reviews. It find a good buy on Greenworks pressure washer at Lowes that was on clearance. But wasn’t available at my store. Pita!

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.503 seconds