dcsimg

Looking for the best furnace contractors

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JohnK
    Pro

Hi. I’ve been thinking lately about hiring someone to do furnace service and replace if needed. I’m not really familiar with heating companies. Good friend of mine recommended me DucTech, but I’m open to your recommendations. Thanks!

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Lots of variables here…what part of the world you live in being the foremost…

I would say try the company your friend recommended and go from there…

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Hi. I’ve been thinking lately about hiring someone to do furnace service and replace if needed. I’m not really familiar with heating companies. Good friend of mine recommended me DucTech, but I’m open to your recommendations. Thanks!

I just went threw this this pass spring. I have seen on social media where people recommend contractors that are friends or family not having using them self. Which I don’t trust. I would do Google searches and read reviews about contractors.

What I did we called 4 contractors in to give us a quote on replacing the old gas furnace and install new a/c unit. We had one price that was alot lower then the other 3 prices. From that I did my homework to find if the units they were selling were good and what size of unit I need for my house. Three of the contractors that we picked sent out a sales to team to sells us a furnace. They also had 3 different prices of units to buy. They were labeled from Good, Better, to Best. The contractor we chose was more old school he was selling one size of unit and the owner gave us the price himself. We requested a change in the install and the price stayed the same and they installed in 2 weeks from when we got the quote. This guy was the lowest quote and so far we are happy with everything. I did look up reviews on all the contractor we had quotes from too.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

NOT Reliance…if you have them there. Terrible service, and NEVER sign a contract with them for anything like rental, rent to own, etc.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

I know a one. Maybe I can recommend to you, is that called okmarts. Okmarts has the best furnace contractors.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

NOT Reliance…if you have them there. Terrible service, and NEVER sign a contract with them for anything like rental, rent to own, etc.

We have gas hot water heater from Reliance. Which is now new as the old one quit working 2 weeks after we took ownership of our house. We found out we had no hot water. Wifey called CS. They said a repair tech would come the next day. It turned out a Tech called and said he come in a hour. After several tries to get the hot water heater working. The Tech said hot water wasn’t fixable and the hot water heater was 13 years old. The tech told us he could go get a new tank have installed by 9pm. I told not to bother as we don’t need hot water for couple days as we weren’t living in the house yet. So the tech made us a appointment for Monday morning. He came and install a new one on Monday. So that part we had good service.

But on the other hand a month later after we moved in. The gas furnace quit in the night. We have a maintenance plan for our furnace thru our hot water heater rental. So we called to have a tech to come and look at it. The CSR told use the earliest a tech could come would be in 3 days. So we called another company and a tech came out later that afternoon. Then we called and canceled our Maintenance plan on furnace. In the near future we will be getting rid of rental hot water.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.143 seconds