dcsimg

Looking for sturdy workmen suspenders

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I’m looking to find some very solid workmen suspenders. Just like the ones in the attached picture. They look both sturdy and wide enough to do the job and the metal clips are very handy to attach some of my gear to. Do any of you where I could find these? I ‘ve been looking online, but without any luck. Thanks a lot,
    Kind regards,
    Marius

Looks like I forgot the attachment… Here it is.

Attachments:

Try Acme Tools. They had this model and a lot more: https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/ergodyne-13665

Thanks! I searched their webshop, but I don’t see it there now…

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Looks like the one’s in the pic are available from http://www.suspenderhut.com
    The ones in the pic are called Black Workman Button Suspenders. But they have many styles to pic from.

Now if you want some quality leather suspenders for your tool belt. https://occidentalleatheroutlet.com

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Thanks! That’s close, but they don’t have the metal rings or clips that allows me to hook on stuff… The hunt continues! 🙂

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Thanks! That’s close, but they don’t have the metal rings or clips that allows me to hook on stuff… The hunt continues! 🙂

The Occidental also sells extra D ring loops that should allow you to clip thing to them.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Come back to report what you find. If you find something of course.

So far still nothing… 🙁

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

There’s a couple that come to mind….
    Try searching for Buckaroo Leatherworks and Akribis Leather. Both companies offer premium suspenders/braces that might offer what you’re looking for.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

Thanks, but no such luck… Good products though, but not the suspenders I’m looking for…

Thanks, but no such luck… Good products though, but not the suspenders I’m looking for…

Have you ever thought about going to see a shoe repair or someone else who makes and repairs leather belts or so on. Might be an alternative. This way you can get exactly what you are looking for ?

That hadn’t crossed my mind yet… I might have to take that rout if I can’t find what I’m looking for indeed. But for now I’m still hoping I can find the finished product somewhere 🙂

Doobie

DiamondBack is another tool belt company that makes stuff like that.

https://www.atlas-machinery.com/searchresults/search-results/?search_query=diamondback

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Gene does have a Facebook page. I don’t know if he would reply but you could post or DM and ask about his suspenders

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

There are plenty of heavy duty suspenders under the tactical, field work categories that may do what you need. Some of them have integrated tool belts. Many are synthetic materials, some are leather, not sure of the look you are looking for.

I would link where you can find them but we are not allowed to link to merchants so here are some pictures. Hope that helps.

Doobie

I would link where you can find them but we are not allowed to link to merchants…

Yes and no Sami. It is preferred that one use manufacturer’s website links over those of retailer’s websites for demonstrating visually what one may be talking about. But it’s not a carved in stone rule.

Example earlier in this thread today. I did try and search for the DiamondBack brand earlier, and it quickly became a challenge deciphering all the different results that initially came up with Googling ‘DiamondBack’. There was no clear cut www address related to that brand. I simply just resorted to the one from a merchant I knew who carried them rather spend the time to dig around and figure it out otherwise.

The main thing I always saw as the reason that the rule was imposed in the first place was to avoid members who may be actually affiliated with a retailer other than being a satisfied customer, and/or the forum turning into a sales flyer of sorts with every deal in town being posted. As long as we stay away from those scenarios for the most part, SOME retailer posted links can be used when it is warranted.

EDIT: In reference to DiamondBack, I did finally find them just now.

https://toolbelts.com/

Thanks for all the input! Still looking though… I found a ton of quality suspenders by now, but not that specific one…

Gene does have a Facebook page. I don’t know if he would reply but you could post or DM and ask about his suspenders

Hi, I followed up on this. I did ask him… I’ll let you guys know if he replies 🙂

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I would link where you can find them but we are not allowed to link to merchants…

Yes and no Sami. It is preferred that one use manufacturer’s website links over those of retailer’s websites for demonstrating visually what one may be talking about. But it’s not a carved in stone rule.

Example earlier in this thread today. I did try and search for the DiamondBack brand earlier, and it quickly became a challenge deciphering all the different results that initially came up with Googling ‘DiamondBack’. There was no clear cut www address related to that brand. I simply just resorted to the one from a merchant I knew who carried them rather spend the time to dig around and figure it out otherwise.

The main thing I always saw as the reason that the rule was imposed in the first place was to avoid members who may be actually affiliated with a retailer other than being a satisfied customer, and/or the forum turning into a sales flyer of sorts with every deal in town being posted. As long as we stay away from those scenarios for the most part, SOME retailer posted links can be used when it is warranted.

EDIT: In reference to DiamondBack, I did finally find them just now.

https://toolbelts.com/

Thanks for the explanation doobie.

I understand the reasons for the rules so that’s why I didn’t link those sites. Most of the time on doing searches it’s not always easy to tell the difference between a manufacturer or a merchant. Sometimes it’s pretty clear, but many times the first 50 searches are where you can get them and not who makes them. It’s a hassle to drill way deep to find them. I also understand the reluctance to be a place to announce great sale of tools and that’s why I no longer post those “Look this place has this available for this much” type discussions. If the rules are kinda sorta subjective then it’s practically unenforceable. It’s much easier for me to just think “no merchants” and act accordingly.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.466 seconds