dcsimg

Lighting – upgrades, discussion, LED and new technology

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Oh that looks good , seems like it can be stored in the cloud , very interesting

Yeah it says on the box video can be stored on cloud. I got side track doing things and never looked at the instructions.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I found a deal 2 LED outside lights with cameras for the new house. I can wait to get these installed.

Man those are nice, good find. I need to look for them.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I found a deal 2 LED outside lights with cameras for the new house. I can wait to get these installed.

Man those are nice, good find. I need to look for them.

Yeah I was lucky I found them. I saw them posted on social media. I have never shopped before at this place. I can’t wait to get them installed at the new place.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I can’t wait to get them installed at the new place.

They look handy, I juts have not seen that combination of light and camera but it is a good idea.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I can’t wait to get them installed at the new place.

They look handy, I juts have not seen that combination of light and camera but it is a good idea.

I have not seen them before either. It is a great idea. I look forward hooking these up and seeing how well they work.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I look forward hooking these up and seeing how well they work.

Let us know the results

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Seems hard to find all the data on lights sometimes. Of course I am in a unique position making videos. Sometime lumens is the only thing they list and sometimes not even that. For my uses I need to know the colour temperature, which you get sometimes. Sometimes it’s just “cool” or “warm”. The one you rarely see is CRI, colour rendering index, which is kind of important when you shoot video. I have noticed that some of my shots have “banding” or dark areas moving vertically through the shot. This is from the “flicker” of the LED’s turning on and off with the AC current being close to the same shutter speed of the camera. It’s a pain to edit that out. More experimenting needed…lol….first world problems I guess.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

The 4 inch LED recessed lights arrived to day. I look forward to see how these work in our kitchen reno at the new house.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is from the “flicker” of the LED’s turning on and off with the AC current being close to the same shutter speed of the camera.

I had no idea that was a problem, learn something new every day.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Seems hard to find all the data on lights sometimes. Of course I am in a unique position making videos. Sometime lumens is the only thing they list and sometimes not even that. For my uses I need to know the colour temperature, which you get sometimes. Sometimes it’s just “cool” or “warm”. The one you rarely see is CRI, colour rendering index, which is kind of important when you shoot video. I have noticed that some of my shots have “banding” or dark areas moving vertically through the shot. This is from the “flicker” of the LED’s turning on and off with the AC current being close to the same shutter speed of the camera. It’s a pain to edit that out. More experimenting needed…lol….first world problems I guess.

Wow I had no idea about all that extra info , I just looked at the either warn lighting for our use.
    Thanks for the great info.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I finally got around to installing my 2nd Smart LED light with security camera this afternoon.
    Happy to have another job behind me.

Greg

I finally got around to installing my 2nd Smart LED light with security camera this afternoon.

Nice 👍 , now I definitely want to get a few of those , I like the design , and it looks like it has pretty good imagine

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Nice 👍 , now I definitely want to get a few of those , I like the design , and it looks like it has pretty good imagine

Thanks! Yes the image seems pretty good. I am happy with image on both cameras.
    The only issue I have is the video is only saved for 2 hours in cloud then it is deleted. You can save the images if you chose too.

Greg

Thanks! Yes the image seems pretty good. I am happy with image on both cameras.

The only issue I have is the video is only saved for 2 hours in cloud then it is deleted. You can save the images if you chose too.

Nice , I definitely have to get some of these newer lights with cameras , especially for the backyard , I’ll have to start , where did you look amazon or somewhere else

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Those look interesting , how does the camera work , does it work of the phone for storage , or do you need a memory card/chip to insert in the lights , also where did you get them from.

I am really sure how they work. I yet to open the box and read the instructions. I think you use your phone for storage. I plan on looking at them today. I got them from Liquidation place. I think these lights can be bought at Costco.

I posted this earlier where I bought them. I think you can also get them at HD. I am sure if you Google security light camera you find something.

Greg

Those look interesting , how does the camera work , does it work of the phone for storage , or do you need a memory card/chip to insert in the lights , also where did you get them from.

I am really sure how they work. I yet to open the box and read the instructions. I think you use your phone for storage. I plan on looking at them today. I got them from Liquidation place. I think these lights can be bought at Costco.

I posted this earlier where I bought them. I think you can also get them at HD. I am sure if you Google security light camera you find something.

Thanks , I remember that you posted it , I just couldn’t remember where or on what thread , sometimes it’s not easy going back looking for threads or certain posts.
    I’ll be checking it out today.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Thanks , I remember that you posted it , I just couldn’t remember where or on what thread , sometimes it’s not easy going back looking for threads or certain posts.

I’ll be checking it out today.

Your welcome!
    Your right sometime it isn’t easy going back threw threads looking for certain posts.
    Just thought you would have looked for them. Because of the interested you showed when I posted earlier.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Took a picture of my new LED camera light last night. I really like the way it looks.

Greg

Took a picture of my new LED camera light last night. I really like the way it looks.

Looks great , have you seen any difference between the picture when the lights are on compared to when it’s off.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Looks great , have you seen any difference between the picture when the lights are on compared to when it’s off.

Yeah I thought it looked great. I haven’t checked the picture with light off yet. I will do this tonight.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.388 seconds