dcsimg

Lighting – upgrades, discussion, LED and new technology

This topic contains 53 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I’ve found plug and play, ballast compatible tubes for around $8 each here in WA but I know they’re subsidized by the state. Also, those Costco whole fixtures with two tubes each were only $20 this last weekend which is why I picked up another one. There are deals out there that are making things more cost effective, but I’m sure it varies a lot by location.

That’s a killer price. The lowest here I have seen is still over $50 for the 2 tube fixture.

Yup same here,
    I’m going to have to get some replacement led tubes for my garage, one of them is not working properly, it’s flashing and humming

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I do have 2 shop lights that need too tubes. Mine work ok other then light isn’t all that bright. So I would like get LED tubes for them.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I’ve found plug and play, ballast compatible tubes for around $8 each here in WA but I know they’re subsidized by the state. Also, those Costco whole fixtures with two tubes each were only $20 this last weekend which is why I picked up another one. There are deals out there that are making things more cost effective, but I’m sure it varies a lot by location.

That’s a killer price. The lowest here I have seen is still over $50 for the 2 tube fixture.

Yup same here,
    I’m going to have to get some replacement led tubes for my garage, one of them is not working properly, it’s flashing and humming

Maybe crossing the border would save you enough to make it worth it? I don’t know what with all the craziness and tarriffs changing daily on things but it might be worth looking into.

Charlie

Instagram

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Yup same here,

Maybe crossing the border would save you enough to make it worth it? I don’t know what with all the craziness and tarriffs changing daily on things but it might be worth looking into.

I used to buy tools and accessories from CPO Bosch, and have them shipped to my border mail service, then just cross over and pick them up, tools were easy to hide and leave in the truck or trunk, but it may be harder for lights and things like that,

I don’t think I’d save all that much, I believe that they have the tubes here in some big box stores, I’ll just have to make time and start inquiring into them.

Thanks for the suggestion Charlie,

I added a few more plug in LED tubes above my benches after I converted all of my tube fluorescent lights to LED.

Will

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

We are a professionally led lighting fixtures supplier, so led lighting wholesaler, distributor, sales store can contact us to get LOWEST Price: https://wistalighting.com

Welcome to BTP , take a look at the rules , I don’t think we are supposed to be promoting businesses especially our own on this forum

Doobie
    Pro

We are a professionally led lighting fixtures supplier, so led lighting wholesaler, distributor, sales store can contact us to get LOWEST Price: https://wistalighting.com

Welcome to BTP , take a look at the rules , I don’t think we are supposed to be promoting businesses especially our own on this forum

No, we are not.

@chadm

Hi…with the lights that I linked, the ballast is very small (think size of a box of Chicklets) and the wiring is much more streamlined/simplistic. My fans were also “built in” to my bulbs. NO additional parts to screw in. The bulb base clipped right where the traditional halogens were typically placed, and then the bulb/fan assembley twist-locked

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Hi…with the lights that I linked, the ballast is very small (think size of a box of Chicklets) and the wiring is much more streamlined/simplistic. My fans were also “built in” to my bulbs. NO additional parts to screw in. The bulb base clipped right where the traditional halogens were typically placed, and then the bulb/fan assembley twist-locked

This is an ambitious one.

Doobie
    Pro

Indeed. But where is the ever so typical link associated to it?

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Indeed. But where is the ever so typical link associated to it?

I definitely didn’t see it

CB
    Pro

Costco’s two tube LED shoplight puts out great light. I picked up quite a few at $20. Highly recommended.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

For some time I have wanting to change the Dust to Dawn yard light I installed after buying my place. I found a LED light to replace my yard light with. My old light was 75 watt and my new LED light is 40 watt.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Costco’s two tube LED shoplight puts out great light. I picked up quite a few at $20. Highly recommended.

I will have to buy a few of those , but I have heard that they only work on the newer T8 balast ? Unless you know anything about this , I have been replacing to many of those friggin neons I replaced the fixture a few years ago on 1 garage bay , I have two others that needs replacing.
    Not sure if I should buy the new led kit or buy the whole T8 and replace those neons when they burn.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.420 seconds