dcsimg

¿Levels?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 139 total)
  • Author

I have
    Stabilas
    Empire
    Stanley
    Bostitch
    Craftmans
    They all have certain jobs that I use them for .

Always willing to learn .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have
    Stabilas
    Empire
    Stanley
    Bostitch
    Craftmans

Amazing as the supply of tools increase we then categorize them for special jobs. I do that with all my tools too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have
    Stabilas
    Empire
    Stanley
    Bostitch
    Craftmans

I have Stabilas and a 8′ master level and one 48″ craftsman.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Amazing as the supply of tools increase we then categorize them for special jobs. I do that with all my tools too.

Its almost like an embarrassment of riches. But when I think about it I have so many other specialized tools that my levels should be no different. I happen to win $1000 worth of Johnson Levels about a year ago and still never opened the digital level. I just don’t know if a digital level would be any benefit? I think I would prefer to eyeball the bubble.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I just don’t know if a digital level would be any benefit? I think I would prefer to eyeball the bubble.

I understand but try out the digital. Once you begin to use it the bubble ones will look like buggy whips. I felt that way about digital when it first came out but DMMs, tire gauges, angle finders, I now use digital and haven’t looked back.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Its almost like an embarrassment of riches. But when I think about it I have so many other specialized tools that my levels should be no different. I happen to win $1000 worth of Johnson Levels about a year ago and still never opened the digital level. I just don’t know if a digital level would be any benefit? I think I would prefer to eyeball the bubble.

$1000? Sweet prize

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I have a 6′, 4′, and 2′ Empire, a 6′ Johnson, and a variety of torpedo levels. I used to have the Stabila plate level but it was stolen a few years ago.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I understand but try out the digital. Once you begin to use it the bubble ones will look like buggy whips. I felt that way about digital when it first came out but DMMs, tire gauges, angle finders, I know use digital and haven’t looked back.

Well you convinced me. I guess I have nothing to loose other than a little extra spending money from Ebay if it were to sell. I will give it a run and write up a review on it.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I understand but try out the digital. Once you begin to use it the bubble ones will look like buggy whips. I felt that way about digital when it first came out but DMMs, tire gauges, angle finders, I know use digital and haven’t looked back.

Well you convinced me. I guess I have nothing to loose other than a little extra spending money from Ebay if it were to sell. I will give it a run and write up a review on it.

No way were you going to sell it without trying it lol

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I admit sometimes the Ebay bug gets the best of me. I do feel foolish though not trying it out.

I used to have the Stabila plate level but it was stolen a few years ago.

That has to be totally vexing – stolen tools is such a common occurrence.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have never had a expendable plate level .

I have
    Stabilas
    Empire
    Stanley
    Bostitch
    Craftmans

All of my craftmans levels fell off the truck . I’m pretty happy with the bostitch line up of levels . My stabila set sits in its protected case .

I have a 6′, 4′, and 2′ Empire, a 6′ Johnson, and a variety of torpedo levels. I used to have the Stabila plate level but it was stolen a few years ago.

I understand about the stolen stabila . My 4′ one got stolen too . Damm scumm

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I admit sometimes the Ebay bug gets the best of me. I do feel foolish though not trying it out.

It was free. Anything you make from it if you do sell it is a win lol

I have been thinking lately it might be good to get a 59” and 24” stabila combo package of the type 196 style. I have had to borrow my friends longer level a few times but you know, why not as I am sure I will find a use for it sooner or later 😉

John S

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I have never had a expendable plate level .

If I still framed full time I would buy another one in a heartbeat. The amount of framing I do anymore doesn’t warrant the expense.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I would like to get a expendable plate level.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Pull the trigger and buy one.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Pull the trigger and buy one.

It’s not the stabila i’ve used the most but the other one?? I can’t remember the brand. What one do you like??

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 139 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.678 seconds