dcsimg

¿Levels?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What kind of levels are you using for different applications?
    I have a quiver of bubble sticks and a small lazer level. I also keep a water level handy just in case?

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

90% of my jobs only require my stanley fatmax torpedo but for masonry, fence work and decking I will bring out my 4 footer. I can’t recall the brand off the top of my head but I know it keeps me on the level 🙂

By the way, I love the level photo shoot you gave us Dirty!

I spy Stabilas in your pictures if I see correctly, right Dirty?

My go to is my 24″ stabila to be honest. Other than that, I do not have anything other than some shorter ones that are not that high of quality at all

John S

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We use stabila’s everything fron 18″ to 12′ plate levels. A couple of jamber sets and several 4′ ers. I also have a 5 way PLS laser and a rotating laser.

Unless I am hanging something, I do not have much use for a level. Squares get used all the time though.

redwood
    Pro

I have the Stabila jamber set and a few Johnson levels.

Lasers, I probably have a example of every type made. My main laser is a rotary CST Berger. I also have line leves, square layour levels, ect.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i have 2 of the fatmax extreme torpedos, a 4 ft fatmax and fatmax extreme. same with the 2ft along wiht a cast aluminum 2 ft. a 72″ fatmax and a bosch 5 pt laser. im trying to track down a 32″ level but no one local sells them for less than $70

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I spy Stabilas in your pictures if I see correctly, right Dirty?

Yup, 4 of them. 24″- 32″- 59″- and a jammer. The 8footer is a old Master level and I use a 4′ craftsman because of the bend it and bring it back.

I always thought a lot of pros only bought relatively ‘cheap’ levels because so often they get broken from big falls, get left behind, get stolen, etc… What are your guys’ philosophies on buying levels? Do you buy the best? Do you buy what is sufficient? What is cheapest?

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I have one stabila euro, two torpedo’s and a black and decker laser level/stud finder. The stabila and laser stay at home. The torpedo’s go to work. I find that most of the time, I’m on a ladder, so anything more than a torpedo is too much to carry. I just buy cheep ones, that way when they break, after being dropped, it’s no big deal.

Sent via snail messenger.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i have a few cheapie 1 footers and an expensive aluminum 4 footer that I can’t find a brand name on. All it says is ‘Made in USA’ LOL. I use it a lot for a straight edge too. Then my phone has a level app that comes in handy 🙂

kzcarp
    Pro

John S, I try to buy the best and keep an eye on them, and don’t lend them out.
    I used to have a hodge podge collection of levels. Gradually they all got replaced with Stabila. 16″ 24″ 32″ 4′ 5′ 6′ 78″ and 8′. And 3 of the stabila torpedo levels. You can’ beat the magnets on the stabila torpedo. And a what must be 25 year old, brass bound mahogany four footer that I still use for block work. Still true when checked against the Stabila.

kevin

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

brass bound mahogany four footer that I still use for block work. Still true when checked against the Stabila.

kevin

I have a wooden 4 footer too and a torpedo, don’t think these made it to the pics up top\M/

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I have a 16″, 24″, 32″ , 48″ , 72″ , 6′-8″, 96″ and a 12′ plate level all Stabila. I also have a CST Berger rotary level, and as for a laser distance measurer I have a Leica Disto 5.

Don’t know why I have so many levels but I acquired them over a lot of years. All the sizes come in handy though. Every one are as true as the day I bought them.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I have a couple of different size levels. I use my 6 inch one the most. I do have this black and decker level that I love. the accuracy points are great for hanging pictures and other things. I have had it for about 5 or 6 years now and I love it

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Attachments:

I have a 16″, 24″, 32″ , 48″ , 72″ , 6′-8″, 96″ and a 12′ plate level all Stabila. I also have a CST Berger rotary level, and as for a laser distance measurer I have a Leica Disto 5.

Don’t know why I have so many levels but I acquired them over a lot of years. All the sizes come in handy though. Every one are as true as the day I bought them.

That is an impressive array of Stabila levels… I am assuming you have invested in some sort of carrying pouch for them as well? Stabila levels definitely seem to be a worthwhile investment – I haven’t heard many guys be able to break them.

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t have a pouch…. A tube but no pouch.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I have this bag, I don’t like to use the word pouch. Something about it.

Attachments:
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I do have a zippered bag I keep my smaller levels in but it’s diffidently not a pouch!

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Pulled the trigger on the 24″ Stabila 37424 level last week and got it via Prime over the weekend. I am thoroughly impressed with the quality of the level. My first impression is that the actual frame of the level is incredibly rigid while being very lightweight. There were some reviews that said the bubble was not dead on between the marks. Unless I am blind the bubble is dead nuts between the lines when it is perfectly level.

There are very nice rubber feet/ends that are inset about an 1/8 so they don’t interfere with the milled face. The rubber is also removable if you need to shorten up the width.

First rating is a 10/10 with no flaws. I have not used it yet but when I do I will add more to my review. I also wouldn’t mind getting a storage case/bag for it if you guys have any suggestions.

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 139 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.641 seconds