dcsimg

LED vs Halogen vs Incandescent 12volt bulbs

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve heard the LED’s are the best way to go. I’m looking for the interior of a camper/trailer but how do you know what you’re buying for sure? There’s so many variations, Number of lights per bulb? Sometimes I can find ratings of Color and Lumens, What does that really tell you? I want bright bright bright. And is the cost really worth it? Thanks

I have been very pleased when I changed my tool trailer over to Led the lighting has been great for me. The light inside the trailer was so much more bright and the outside trailer lights was super bright.So I am a big fan of the led 12 volt led lighting.The trailer was halogen lights before even as bright as halogen lights are over the incandescent bulbs I have been pleased with the new LED due to the safety of anyone being able to see the lights on the on the trailer.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

The LED’s are really really bright and the “bulbs” last almost forever. However along with the brightness comes the harshness. The LED’s are very white and sometimes colors wash out. If color rendition is a concern probably should get one LED and try it out to make sure you can live with it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do either of you guys have an example of what bulb to buy for bright bright bright? I have both the 1141 and the L4 sockets. Thanks

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Boyd,
    I am sorry I don’t I haven’t every bought individual components. I always have bought “kits” or pre-made fixtures. I never paid attention to bulb or socket numbers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jerry wrote:Boyd,
    I am sorry I don’t I haven’t every bought individual components. I always have bought “kits” or pre-made fixtures. I never paid attention to bulb or socket numbers.

Ok thanks anyway Jerry, I’m just trying to figure out what bulb to buy that fits my needs. Dang things, Once ya buy em ya can’t take em back

LED s range from warm white to bright white to daylight. From 2700K to 6500K. Warm white Ranges from 2700 K to 3000K. That would be like a regular incandescent lightbulb. Then bright white ranges 3000 K to 4500 K. Which probably be like a fluorescent lightbulb. Then daylight 4500 K to 6500 K. Which would probably be like out in the sun. Hope this helps.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Marc wrote:LED s range from warm white to bright white to daylight. From 2700K to 6500K. Warm white Ranges from 2700 K to 3000K. That would be like a regular incandescent lightbulb. Then bright white ranges 3000 K to 4500 K. Which probably be like a fluorescent lightbulb. Then daylight 4500 K to 6500 K. Which would probably be like out in the sun. Hope this helps.

Super info Marc Thanks, So I guess i need to look for 4500-6500. I want bright like a work shop should be.

Do the LED lights last a long time?

John S

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

John. 50,000hours – 100,000hours. I think it pretty long time

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I agree with Hong on this one, if you don’t get some cheap china LEDs you should expect 50K hours or more of run time.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Jason. I agree with you about the cheap China LED

The cheap LED 10 times worse than Incandescent light . Short lifespan, not bright enough

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I currently use 4W wedge bulbs for my landscape lighting and I am starting to think that even cheap LEDs would be better than them.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

If from Ebay then better never think about them. I bought some led bulb before , but each one only lasts less than two weeks

LED is the way to go. I had the 4W wedges as well and after about a year I was constantly replacing bulbs and doing other maintenance to keep the system running.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

LED is the way to go. I had the 4W wedges as well and after about a year I was constantly replacing bulbs and doing other maintenance to keep the system running.

I am still running 4V wedge lights. I think Spring will bring me the desire to redo my low voltage lighting. I will surely go LED.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Any one of you using IKEA LED bulb ? How the quality ?

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

The company I work for has been advising a lot of our bigger buildings with indoor common space to convert to LED bulbs. We did a five story 110 unit building over to LED 3 years ago and last month they just covered the cost of the conversion in energy savings. Yes the bulbs are expensive but you WILL make your money back

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Jim. I just worry about the durability of the LED bulb. If they only lasts 5 years, I don’t think it worth to use.

Anyway, nowadays LED is much cheaper and brighter too. Maybe you could decrease the quantity of LED bulb in one house

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Jim. I just worry about the durability of the LED bulb. If they only lasts 5 years, I don’t think it worth to use.

Anyway, nowadays LED is much cheaper and brighter too. Maybe you could decrease the quantity of LED bulb in one house

LED bubls last a lot longer then 5 years. The ones we installed in the building have a ten year warranty. If they go out they are replaced for free. Also these lights are on 24/7. They wouldn’t offer the warranty if they didnt last.
    http://eartheasy.com/live_led_bulbs_comparison.html

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.777 seconds