dcsimg

LED Strip

This topic contains 66 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  r-ice 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Some of my LED bulbs have to go back to the store, as they are making buzzing noises.

Are you sure it’s the LED and not a bug in the lens??

Yes, it is the LED light bulb from Philips. Other users have the same issue as me : http://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-SlimStyle-60W-Equivalent-Soft-White-A19-Dimmable-LED-Light-Bulb-E-452978/204730356

That always freaks me out because the whiter light has more blue which is higher energy part of the light spectrum but it is called cooler. It seems like we are conflating light sources versus reflected light.

"Live not one's life as though one had a 1000 years but live each day as the last." Marcus Aurelius

This guy does an examination of an LED bulb and you can see why it buzzes.

"Live not one's life as though one had a 1000 years but live each day as the last." Marcus Aurelius

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

i have those cree led bulbs in my bathroom. because of the humidity in there they start to flicker. great video, explained why

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Anonymous

I love led strips this is new 110v remote controlled led I put on my ceiling cuz regular 16ft 5050smd chipped ones loses power in long strips but this is all around same brightness light

Anonymous

This is my led

Anonymous

5050 smd

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I just put 5 meters in my truck – I have a 12 foot cube – best $10 I’ve ever spent.

Anonymous

Yeah but 5 meter one is loses current if you add another strip to it I have on my ceiling 60ft rope and first and last led has the same current

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

5050 smd

that looks pretty awesome, I am trying to convince the wife we need led strips as well as some glow in the dark somewhere in the house or outside.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

5050 smd

That looks sharp, do you know how many LEDs per foot?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Anonymous

It’s 30 led per feet and it’s rgb also its 110v no adaptor needed back has a 4 wire that brings the power fully waterproof looks like this

Anonymous

I pay for 65 ft piece 96 $ on ebay can get and custom lenght till 100 feet and connects straight into the 110v so no adaptor or anykind when I am doing my driveway I wanna put a sidewall that is about 8 inch or so and run a led strip around the whole curb it will be pretty nice

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The rope lights have added a lot of dimension to the living space.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Anonymous

Also design does the same thing my first job 12 years ago was finishing my house with these finishes had a rope light in the crown that wasn’t changing color lights where halogen etc but design was there def making the place look bigger then it is and on the backsplash theres see thru marble and 3258smd led behind it 6 years ago that was the technology with led strips

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

It’s 30 led per feet and it’s rgb also its 110v no adaptor needed back has a 4 wire that brings the power fully waterproof looks like this

ThanX, No power adapter? HUH…

I’m not interested in RGB, just White light. I eventually need to replace the set that I have in my kitchen under the cabinets. They have an adapter and switch with High/Low. The Low is starting to flicker, so I have to switch to High setting when I need that light on.
    Only thing is I don’t need 60′ of lighting.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Anonymous

You can get whatever lenght you want no adaptor what so ever it comes with remote you can change it to anycolor fade strobe etc it’s made to whatever length you want

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

those led are coming a long way. i will install those to my man cave as soon as i have one haha

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

You can get whatever lenght you want no adaptor what so ever it comes with remote you can change it to anycolor fade strobe etc it’s made to whatever length you want

@ozturkebrahem

A little punctuation goes a long way….I can barely follow what you are trying to say in this thread.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Anonymous

Led strip comes from 1ft to 100 feet. You tell them whatever lenght you want ,it can be 21ft or 68ft depends what you tell them. It’s 110volt or you can get 220v . Also you can choice color temp eigther warm white color or cool white. I hope this helped I know eveyone tells me that I never use it sorry…

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.810 seconds