dcsimg

LED Strip

This topic contains 66 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  r-ice 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Author

RyanF
    Pro

You might want to check out 10,000 Bulbs. Their prices and quality are good.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

interesting what about this one I found on amazon?

http://www.amazon.ca/Waterproof-Flexible-Adhesive-Olympic-Lighting/dp/B005EHHLD8

Actually I’m looking for warm white LED strip

How bout this one, It comes in a variety of choices. just click the one ya want http://www.amazon.com/HitLights-White-SMD3528-Light-Strip/dp/B007SXGS94?

Thanks for the link and this would work for me.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

http://www.amazon.ca/Waterproof-Flexible-Adhesive-Olympic-Lighting/dp/B005EHHLD8

I use one of these strips for my seed germination area in the basement.
    The strip I have is 600 LED’s /5m and has a clear rubber over the lights and is waterproof, if left uncut.

How much light does that strip put out compared to the led shop lights ? @58chev

Can’t compare against LED shop lights but here it is behind 2 6500K Flouro’s.

I can take a shot later today with just the LED’s and just the tubes, if you want?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Anonymous

How bout this one, It comes in a variety of choices. just click the one ya want http://www.amazon.com/HitLights-White-SMD3528-Light-Strip/dp/B007SXGS94?

What I like about it is it’s 12dc, Of course for household use you’ll have to buy the power supply. I’ve been eyeballing it for a while now for my camper, I’ve seen a lot of them now coming out with a strip just under the awning on the outside wall. A very cool low voltage porch light, and for me I could simply wire it into the existing porch light and be able to use the factory inside switch to turn it on and off 🙂

The only problem I’m having is which one to get, ‘Cool’ or ‘Warm’ or even maybe a color. I just don’t know how bright they are

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

What I like about it is it’s 12dc, Of course for household use you’ll have to buy the power supply. I’ve been eyeballing it for a while now for my camper, I’ve seen a lot of them now coming out with a strip just under the awning on the outside wall. A very cool low voltage porch light, and for me I could simply wire it into the existing porch light and be able to use the factory inside switch to turn it on and off :)

The only problem I’m having is which one to get, ‘Cool’ or ‘Warm’ or even maybe a color. I just don’t know how bright they are

The problem I’m having right now is powering up 250 ft. of LED strip, and the DC doesn’t have enough power to light them up. The only solution is split them into several parts and connect them with multiple LED driver.

I believe cool color is always the brightest one as it has higher lumens.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I use one of these strips for my seed germination area in the basement.
    The strip I have is 600 LED’s /5m and has a clear rubber over the lights and is waterproof, if left uncut.

How much light does that strip put out compared to the led shop lights ? @58chev

Can’t compare against LED shop lights but here it is behind 2 6500K Flouro’s.

I can take a shot later today with just the LED’s and just the tubes, if you want?

Don’t bother @58chev I picked up a couple of LED shop lights today

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I just ordered the Diode LED Fluid View LED and would be here in couple days.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

As the color number goes up the light gets whiter but they call the color cooler.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I see the LEDs are the big one to use in the new homes, all the ceiling light are LEDs,

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

As the color number goes up the light gets whiter but they call the color cooler.

I hadn’t realized that, when I was buying flashlights i used to buy the coolest white I could get as that was the brightest. I did the same when I bought bulbs for the house, i had to go and return most of them as it felt unnatural. I went back and replaced them all with warm lights.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I see the LEDs are the big one to use in the new homes, all the ceiling light are LEDs,

LED light bulb is getting cheap nowadays.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I hear they last 25 years or something stupid like that..

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s what they say, but who is really going to keep the receipt that long to find out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That’s what they say, but who is really going to keep the receipt that long to find out.

well nowadays when you buy stuff from certain retailers they email you are reciept, you can have those emails flagged and saved in a different folder.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I have had to return one LED bulb out of a dozen that I purchased about 6 months ago. No issue returning it for an exchange though.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

From what I hear it’s the electronics that fail and not the actual led bulbs.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Some of my LED bulbs have to go back to the store, as they are making buzzing noises.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Some of my LED bulbs have to go back to the store, as they are making buzzing noises.

Are you sure it’s the LED and not a bug in the lens??

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wow that is unusual. I replaced some fluorescent fixtures because they were buzzing, and the LEDs have been silent.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Great topic ! I wasn’t aware of all the different types of outdoor lighting . I would love to be able to really light up my yard .

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.794 seconds