dcsimg

Leave it to Ryobi (for innovation)

Viewing 5 posts - 101 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Author

Ryobi just came out with a 18V cordless brushless belt sander much like the new one from RIDGID. Wonder if they are being made by the same company.

https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/18v-one-brushless-belt-sander

They are both owned by TTI and do likely serve as a test bed for the Milwaukee brand

I don’t have any Ryobi tools. I just have lots of other tools instead which somebody beyond my days on this earth will enjoy. Nuff said.

That’s another great thing about quality. I still use some of my grandfather’s tools, and likely some of those will be used by my grandkids.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

I could see a miter saw having angle and blade speed sensors that would stream to your phone so you have almost a dashboard for your cuts. Not 100% necessary but a cool feature none the less.

thats actually a really cool idea… just a small screen on the handle or something that displays the measurement which transfers from a notepad app in your phone… years ago i tried using post it notes and putting the list of cuts on the handle and what not but with dust they wouldnt stick

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Cool to see another cordless belt sander, still disappointed that there isn’t one in a platform I’m on.

If anyone on here ends up picking one up I’d love to hear how the quality of it is.

Doobie

I could see a miter saw having angle and blade speed sensors that would stream to your phone so you have almost a dashboard for your cuts. Not 100% necessary but a cool feature none the less.

thats actually a really cool idea… just a small screen on the handle or something that displays the measurement which transfers from a notepad app in your phone… years ago i tried using post it notes and putting the list of cuts on the handle and what not but with dust they wouldnt stick

Actually, the Bosch GAM 270 MFL digital inclinometer and my axial glide saw could share info when doing miter cuts.

https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/inclinometer-and-angle-finders-gam-270-mfl-140461-p/

I could see that in the next generation.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

TTI does come out with some decent stuff in the bright green class, It is after all the tester for their red brother company. Ryobi is the worlds biggest DYI brand.

Viewing 5 posts - 101 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.411 seconds