dcsimg

Leave it to Ryobi (for innovation)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The bottom line is you can get 3 Ryobi saw to one better brand saw and then you have 3 guys working instead on one. Same with the craftsman cordless stuff.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Double post,,,so sorry.

The bottom line is you can get 3 Ryobi saw to one better brand saw and then you have 3 guys working instead on one. Same with the craftsman cordless stuff.

@DirtyWhiteBoy
    Do you think HD would warranty the Ryobi stuff as easily as the Ridgid tools? The 18V Ryobi line is pretty extensive. They even have lawn tools. I was looking at tools on CL today and it’s weird as guys on CL are selling their Ryobi stuff for bucks.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@DirtyWhiteBoy
    Do you think HD would warranty the Ryobi stuff as easily as the Ridgid tools? The 18V Ryobi line is pretty extensive. They even have lawn tools. I was looking at tools on CL today and it’s weird as guys on CL are selling their Ryobi stuff for bucks.

I think the prices on CL over here are very inflated and I don’t think they sell? I also think there are guys that buy a lot of tools at the big sales and sell them all year long. Then there are the pallets stolen off the docks. In the late 80s and 90s the guys would drive up to the tracks with loads of brand new unopened tools for sale.

@DirtyWhiteBoy

I think the prices on CL over here are very inflated and I don’t think they sell? I also think there are guys that buy a lot of tools at the big sales and sell them all year long. Then there are the pallets stolen off the docks. In the late 80s and 90s the guys would drive up to the tracks with loads of brand new unopened tools for sale.

I think now the racket is ripping off storage lockers. When I was selling some of my tools and batteries I had a couple of guys buy stuff and they told me it was to replace stuff which got ripped from their storage lockers. Don’t know why they would be keeping tools in a storage locker though.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@DirtyWhiteBoy

I think now the racket is ripping off storage lockers. When I was selling some of my tools and batteries I had a couple of guys buy stuff and they told me it was to replace stuff which got ripped from their storage lockers. Don’t know why they would be keeping tools in a storage locker though.

maybe its the storage lockers at work, the green bins on site.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Good point Dirty. To companies with a lot of crews or large crews quantity is sometimes as important as quality.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

<P>The bottom line is you can get 3 Ryobi saw to one better brand saw and then you have 3 guys working instead on one. Same with the craftsman cordless stuff. </P>

<P>Good point Dirty. To companies with a lot of crews or large crews quantity is sometimes as important as quality. </P>

Yes , also for companies , tools are a write off for income tax , so if they have to replace them yearly, maybe its benificial for them, more workers , for the same price . like Dirty mentioned

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

If you get some Ryobi tools from HD, just get the warranty they offer with them. If the tool breaks during the warranty period, they will replace it without going through the return hassle if the the tool was under $100 and just send you an HD gift card. There are times that warranties are well worth the expense.

Bobcdn
    Pro

I can’t fault Ryobi too much, they are cheap tools that work well. I paid $350 for a cordless set 10 years ago and the only thing that has failed has been the batteries and the recipricating saw.

maybe its the storage lockers at work, the green bins on site.

Actually it’s the storage lockers you rent to put personal stuff. The kind like they have on the Storage Wars TV show.

Here where I live, those are really big business. They have been popping up just as fast as new homes. Rates are outrageous. Per SF they are more expensive than homes. Might be cheaper to rent an apartment with a couple of friends and split the cost.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I have a few of their products and I am happy with them. I don’t use them all the time, but I like what I have so far. For a di it yourselfer I am pleased with their products.

I have a few of their products and I am happy with them. I don’t use them all the time, but I like what I have so far. For a di it yourselfer I am pleased with their products.

I have 3 of the yard tools, the string trimmer, the hedge trimmer and the blower, plus the flashlight all 18 volt, have had them for about 5 to 6 years, still working great, even the lithium batteries are in good condition.

I have a couple of their tools too, but from the bench top tool line (bandsaw and an older planer) that do ok but I think they fall into the category of “good enough for one project” and if they last past that, its a bonus.

Ok if you never expect to need their stuff again and want to just buy a disposable/consumable

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I have 3 of the yard tools, the string trimmer, the hedge trimmer and the blower, plus the flashlight all 18 volt, have had them for about 5 to 6 years, still working great, even the lithium batteries are in good condition.

I have cordless chainsaw, cordless circular 6 1/2 blade, inflator, and just got the cordless grass trimmer and hedger (combo set) and something else I can’t recall. Looking at getting the cordless drill/driver soon. I like to get the 6 station battery charger

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I have a couple of their tools too, but from the bench top tool line (bandsaw and an older planer) that do ok but I think they fall into the category of “good enough for one project” and if they last past that, its a bonus.

Ok if you never expect to need their stuff again and want to just buy a disposable/consumable

That’s basically how I look at it, just like mastercraft.

Clev08
    Pro

My brother has some Ryobi tools, he likes the fact that he can buy 6 different tools for the price of 2 contractor grade tools. He only uses them for light projects and has been happy with them so far. He knows they are not the highest quality but it doesn’t make sense for him to spend that kind of money.

Doobie

I don’t have any Ryobi tools. I just have lots of other tools instead which somebody beyond my days on this earth will enjoy. Nuff said.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Ryobi just came out with a 18V cordless brushless belt sander much like the new one from RIDGID. Wonder if they are being made by the same company.

https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/18v-one-brushless-belt-sander

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I wonder if ryobi is the line where they experiment with all their new gadgets and toys and additions, if it does well, it gets streamlined for the other brands within that umbrella of brands.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.605 seconds