dcsimg

Leave it to Ryobi (for innovation)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nyx wrote:

And that corner cat sander looks like a clothes iron. Lol

It’s great for getting in corners.

I agree, look at that thing it is perfect for corners, cordless and inexpensive.

Everytime I see someone working with Ryobi they say they get their moneys worth out of them.

Hard to argue with satisfied customers.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

Thanks, @supimeister for bringing up this thread – I missed it the first time.
    The stuff that uses the phone for the display – odd that it’s all wired. Why not BT or NFC?
    Also some seem to clamp on. It seems that a protective case and the phone buttons would interfere.
    Interesting ideas. Would like to hear from users of any of them.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

It is always interesting to me when I see Ryobi come out with something “neat” or interesting in terms of innovation ahead of others. Granted, the quality is not always up to par, but it surprises me to see them come out ahead of others with innovative stuff more often than not.

This new phone works system looks interesting, though not sure how it will hold up to lots of use.

http://toolguyd.com/ryobi-phone-works/

Thank you for posting this. Ryobi seems to be a brand of innovation. Their cordless tools look very appealing to me. I am thinking about buying a set. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Well a couple people here have the airstrike. I have the 18v drill driver and it works fine. Charging is with a cable so no fancy charging dock. It works just like my Milwaukee although it is a little heavier.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Thank you for posting this. Ryobi seems to be a brand of innovation. Their cordless tools look very appealing to me. I am thinking about buying a set. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sergay why not get the big combo kit that has the 6½” saw ,,,well here it is,,,You can’t go wrong for the money.
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-18-Volt-ONE-Lithium-Ion-Super-Combo-Kit-4-Piece-P883/203466914?MERCH=REC-_-categorylevel2horizontal1_rr-_-NA-_-203466914-_-N

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Sergay why not get the big combo kit that has the 6½” saw ,,,well here it is,,,You can’t go wrong for the money.
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-18-Volt-ONE-Lithium-Ion-Super-Combo-Kit-4-Piece-P883/203466914?MERCH=REC-_-categorylevel2horizontal1_rr-_-NA-_-203466914-_-N

wow thats really cheap, it would work out for a home diy’er.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I avoid anything that says Ryobi on it . The tools look great but that’s about it .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

BryanT is sergay, I’m shocked!!!

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve got the Airstrike Brad nailer. It’s actually an awesome gun. I’m getting the 15g angled Airstrike finish nailer next. I’m not a Ryobi guy by those will both be tools that’ll get a lot of use from me. I don’t own anything else from these guys but they do have quite the lineup of tools and a simple battery platform.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’ve got the Airstrike Brad nailer. It’s actually an awesome gun. I’m getting the 15g angled Airstrike finish nailer next. I’m not a Ryobi guy by those will both be tools that’ll get a lot of use from me. I don’t own anything else from these guys but they do have quite the lineup of tools and a simple battery platform.

my question on the airstrike, is that they have 3 different ones and they look really massive. How are they to use on more than a few holes?

my question on the airstrike, is that they have 3 different ones and they look really massive. How are they to use on more than a few holes?

They just introduced the new 15g angle finish gun so they have a 16g and a 15g angled gun. As far as battery life? I have a 3.0 and a 1.3 battery. I haven’t run out on the 3.0 during a project ever. I’m not shooting a thousand nails but I’ll got through several sticks on a project and haven’t run out of juice. I have on the cheap 1.3 battery though but it was hard to tell because I always leave the battery in the gun after I’m done and just swap when I need it. I was going to take advantage of the Father’s Day 4.0 2 pack batteries but I don’t have any other Ryobi tools except the one gun. The gun is big but it’s dwarfed by my Dewalt 20v framer! I’ll try to shoot a video of it and post the gun. I have been looking at the Bosch gun reconditioned on CPO
    http://www.cpotools.com/factory-reconditioned-bosch-fnh180k-16-rt-18v-cordless-lithium-ion-16-gauge-2-1-2-in–angled-finish-nailer-kit/bshrfnh180k-16-rt,default,pd.html?start=3&q=bosch%20finish%20nailer
    But I’m liking the fact that the Ryobi offers a 15g nailer.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I avoid anything that says Ryobi on it . The tools look great but that’s about it .

Same here. I’ve seen many of their tools not last with everyday use. I’ll keep using my makita and Bosch tools.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Sure looks that way to me. Over the last few days he sounds more and more like sergay. If it’s not sergay I would be shocked!!!

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I may take a look at a review and check out the Ryobi but would never buy any of this for my work. I would be a laughing stock

A Working Pro since 2004

They just introduced the new 15g angle finish gun so they have a 16g and a 15g angled gun. As far as battery life? I have a 3.0 and a 1.3 battery. I haven’t run out on the 3.0 during a project ever. I’m not shooting a thousand nails but I’ll got through several sticks on a project and haven’t run out of juice. I have on the cheap 1.3 battery though but it was hard to tell because I always leave the battery in the gun after I’m done and just swap when I need it. I was going to take advantage of the Father’s Day 4.0 2 pack batteries but I don’t have any other Ryobi tools except the one gun. The gun is big but it’s dwarfed by my Dewalt 20v framer! I’ll try to shoot a video of it and post the gun. I have been looking at the Bosch gun reconditioned on CPO
    http://www.cpotools.com/factory-reconditioned-bosch-fnh180k-16-rt-18v-cordless-lithium-ion-16-gauge-2-1-2-in–angled-finish-nailer-kit/bshrfnh180k-16-rt,default,pd.html?start=3&q=bosch%20finish%20nailer
    But I’m liking the fact that the Ryobi offers a 15g nailer.

Good to know about the air strike nailers.
    I look at their tools when I go into Home Depot, I think they look and feel cheaper built, than say the other brands.
    That being said, I bought the 18 volt grass trimmer and hedge trimmer, plus blower, they have been working great for the past 4 years , and still on for same batteries.
    Thanks for the info about the nailer, would love to see a video.

Sergay = Bryant really I’m speechless

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Sure looks that way to me. Over the last few days he sounds more and more like sergay. If it’s not sergay I would be shocked!!!

Now im confused !

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I guess I haven’t had a lot of the top quality tools to compare the Ryobi tools to . I have been using Ryobi for quite a few years and I like them for the money. I don’t know if the batteries last longer in the better tools. I find when the batteries are shot it is cheaper to get another set of tools than to buy batteries. I got a cordless set of Porter Cable at a door buster Christmas sale and I don’t like them as much as Ryobi . If I keep saving my points maybe I can try more Bosch and see if I’m missing anything.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

And people say that nothing on the internet is true?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Leave it to Ryobi? More like leave it right where you found it.

Truly, or facetiously?

BryanT
    Blocked
    Lake Ariel, PA

@DirtyWhiteBoy, @theamcguy, @Boschmanbrian

I am sorry, I don’t understand why I am being called “sergay” on this thread? Are you trying to imply that I have different sexual orientation or something?

BryanT

Leave it to Ryobi? More like leave it right where you found it.

Yeah, I wouldn’t get Ryobi stuff but if funds are limited this may be a good alternative.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.397 seconds