dcsimg

Leave it to Ryobi (for innovation)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 105 total)
  • Author

I suppose it might work well for people in areas that don’t get a lot of snow. Might be a cool gift for older parents or grandparents that still have to shovel a few inches now and then.

Yeah the Ryobi model doesnt look like it can handle very much snow (maybe 4-6” of light powdery stuff) but I imagine cordless snowblowers will be the way to go in the next few years!

John S

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I suppose it might work well for people in areas that don’t get a lot of snow. Might be a cool gift for older parents or grandparents that still have to shovel a few inches now and then.

Yeah the Ryobi model doesnt look like it can handle very much snow (maybe 4-6” of light powdery stuff) but I imagine cordless snowblowers will be the way to go in the next few years!

It snowed a crazy amount by me winter of 2013/1014. Im hoping for less this year lol.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

hmm, only $129 for a battery

And it still says Ryobi on the side…no thanks, I’m good.

I thought Makita batteries were expensive at $72 at my local yard!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

$72 is pretty cheap.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Might be a cool gift for older parents or grandparents that still have to shovel a few inches now and then.

There’s a good idea.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

The way of tomorrow is that a lot of gas powered tools will be illegal to use, thus replaced by cordless or electrical tools.

While you may be right, I still think that it is BLASPHEMY!

….Leave it to Ryobi for a cordless snow blower as well!

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/2014/10/new-ryobi-cordless-20-40-volt-snow-blower-spied-at-my-local-home-depot/

The will make anything to sell to homeowners .

Always willing to learn .

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

$72 is pretty cheap.

That’s for a 3ah. I couldn’t get a number on the 4ah batteries because they don’t have any aside from what is in the kits at this point.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

This isn’t about innovation, but shows that Ryobi is simply coming out with more new tools – though inevitably they are updated. Check out some of what Ryobi is coming out with this spring –
    http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/corded/ryobi-18v-one-plus-spring-2015/13478/

John S

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I have a few of those in blue and a few of them are well worth the money. But like most guys a few of those are not up to the task and are best for the homeowner on a budget

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This isn’t about innovation, but shows that Ryobi is simply coming out with more new tools – though inevitably they are updated. Check out some of what Ryobi is coming out with this spring –

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/corded/ryobi-18v-one-plus-spring-2015/13478/

The 18V cordless sander looks interesting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Ryobi is far from the first for a cordless snow thrower. Snow Joe and Greenworks both have had them on the market for some time. I’ve heard good things about the Snow Joe

Not a yard tool hutnive got the (might I add my only Ryobi right now) Airstrike Brad nailer. Awesome nail gun. Couple of minor issues as far as jamming but I think it’s because I loaded a partial strip of nails

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

I have to say I like the look of some of those tools. Snazzy enough to catch your eye and probably in the budget price wise for many to consider. It’s a no brainer for them to try and offer some of those products in that marketplace.

And that corner cat sander looks like a clothes iron. Lol

Well I was pricing out the Airstrike Finish nailer and it’s $199 for the tool only. I’m really thinking about grabbing one soon but my Rolair and Dewalt 15g finish get the job done quite well.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’ve only seen one guy on a site with a Ryobi drill. I didn’t even know what it was at first, thinking it was Dewalt since it was bright yellow. There must have been about 60 trades guys working and they would give it a second look sometimes, probably thinking wtf is that lol

A Working Pro since 2004

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I have the blue rotary tool. Best used with large battery. Ive only used it for drywall cutout and it works good for patchwork or the quick grab. Not such a good option for a full day of cutting

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

I’ve only seen one guy on a site with a Ryobi drill. I didn’t even know what it was at first, thinking it was Dewalt since it was bright yellow. There must have been about 60 trades guys working and they would give it a second look sometimes, probably thinking wtf is that lol

They might not be that bad but I just don’t see them having the kind of quality that makes them last continuous everyday use. So for most contractors I’d be surprised to see them with ryobi as I see it more a homeowner grade tool.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I see Ryobi has the bluetheeth radio.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

And that corner cat sander looks like a clothes iron. Lol

It’s great for getting in corners.

They might not be that bad but I just don’t see them having the kind of quality that makes them last continuous everyday use. So for most contractors I’d be surprised to see them with ryobi as I see it more a homeowner grade tool.

Everytime I see someone working with Ryobi they say they get their moneys worth out of them.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.577 seconds