dcsimg

Leave it to Ryobi (for innovation)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 105 total)
  • Author

It is always interesting to me when I see Ryobi come out with something “neat” or interesting in terms of innovation ahead of others. Granted, the quality is not always up to par, but it surprises me to see them come out ahead of others with innovative stuff more often than not.

This new phone works system looks interesting, though not sure how it will hold up to lots of use.

http://toolguyd.com/ryobi-phone-works/

John S

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I never thought I would ever see the word Ryobi and innovation in the same sentence 🙂

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

No kidding, it looks like the first step in connecting the work place to the phone. I believe this is the first in a long sting of bluetooth and connected devices.

I never thought I would ever see the word Ryobi and innovation in the same sentence :-)

lol well Ryobi’s cordless nailers were in the back of my mind as something innovative
    http://www.toolboxbuzz.com/cordless-tools/nailerstapler/ryobi-airstrike-18v-cordless-nailer-p320-review/

John S

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Just got on here to post this lol.

Not really seeing anything I would run out and buy except maybe the infrared thermometer.

Resident Sign Guy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Interesting to be sure. This is v1 look for others to jump in and things to improve. This could be the start of specialized smart phones.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Pretty smart of them.

yes it is. brilliant idea

This certainly won’t be the last of these sorts of smart phone accessories – seems like it could have potential if it is done well.

John S

monman1
    Pro

Them are some good ideas.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Interesting step by Ryobi. We will have to see what other companies start offering this. Definitely creative uses of technology interacting with the cell phone.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I never thought I would ever see the word Ryobi and innovation in the same sentence :-)

It does sound strange. You would think TTI would push something like this in the Milwaukee name.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

The infrared thermometer is the only one Ryobi’s new gadgets that interests me.

Bert

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The infrared thermometer is the only one Ryobi’s new gadgets that interests me.

That and the inspection scope….. I cant tell you how many times I’ve shoved my cell phone into a wall cavity or another dark space to see what’s going on.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Awesome find John. I might get one of those. The Stud Finder: $20 seems like a great deal.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Pretty interesting I must admit. Great to see this hitting the market

A Working Pro since 2004

Innovation from ryobi always surprises me what they come out with .

Always willing to learn .

It all depends if the tools actually work decently. I wouldn’t mind any of those items for the prices they are shown at assuming they actually work decently well… but I am doubtful that the lasers will be very helpful, although it would be neat if they work well

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I could see a miter saw having angle and blade speed sensors that would stream to your phone so you have almost a dashboard for your cuts. Not 100% necessary but a cool feature none the less.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Great concepts, I just don’t think Ryobi mas the quality to pull it off. When I get an I phone, I will seriously consider thr flit infared attachment.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.534 seconds