dcsimg

LBoxx – Battery storage and organization

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

I’ve been wondering how you guys store your batteries. I typically squeeze them and a charger or two into an L-Boxx 2 but I’ve finally gotten enough that it’s a bit of a jigsaw to put back together at the end of a day. Is anyone using foam or wood inserts to organize them a better? I’m hoping there’s a flexible solution out there as I move entirely away from sub 2ah batteries to 4ah and Core models.

I’ve attached a couple pics I found while researching. I bet someone here posted them.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I didn’t cut out any foam yet but I have plenty foams just don’t have lboxx2 empty right now. Foam is the way to go.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I like the set up you have. Looks good.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I have thought about making up as storage box like in your pic…Right now I keep 2 or 3 batteries in the L-boxxes with each cordless tool.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

I have thought about making up as storage box like in your pic…Right now I keep 2 or 3 batteries in the L-boxxes with each cordless tool.

I was doing that for a while but I don’t always take all my lboxx/tools with me and I’ve ended up short on batteries before without realizing it.

I bet the Germans have a fancy wood organizer to handle this.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i have roughly 20 some odd batteries between 3 brands and 4 platforms, bosch 18v, milwaukee m18 fuel, m12 and makita 18v. becasue of this im not always carrying all of those tools in the truck.

so i keep the corresponding batteries for each platform all together in either a tough box or lboxxs

i have 3 tools on the bosch 18v platform and 6 batteries , all kept in a tough box

4 m12 tools plus a heated hoodie, other than the hoodie they are in a lboxx2,

the m18 fuel nailer is in a lboxx 2 with a single 2 amp battery, while hte fuel one key impact is still in its original molded plastic case with the 2- 5 amp batteries

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@onecaribou I agree you on that that happen to me even though I have so batteries one day I ended up with 4 battery. I try to keep them in one box and if I used the battery I bring it home with me and charge it on the slow charger.remeber what kills these batteries is heat. If you keep the battery at between 40% and 80% these batteries will last long time. Never completely kill a lithium battery also. Kills the cycle life

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I also keep the batteries and charger in the boxxes with the tools. I find one charger for each of my 4 platforms works fine.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the other thing i typically do is where i have multiples of the same chargers.. i keep one of each version at home and instead of tying up limited outlets on site i take the dead batteries home and charge them up there

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i like the kaizen inserts you have for the batteries. I generally store the chargers with the tools in the lboxx and keep a set in the garage as well as a set in the office.

I have to admit that I thought foam was the way to go. I still like it in a few things. For most things, it seems to take up space and time. Looks good and would do well in a shop or test equipment.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

The idea of foam seems pretty good to me when you have a certain amount of batteries to store them all together in one lboxx. Right now I have at least one battery with each tool/lboxx.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Right now I have at least one battery with each tool/lboxx.

I like to keep the tool, batteries, and chargers in the box. I also like the molded inserts as it keeps everything neat and organized. But if I was to have a box of batteries foam would be the way to go.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have a charging shelf with all my chargers and two piles – full and to-charge.

When I go elsewhere, I just put in a couple per l-boxx rather than having a box for the batteries themselves. I dont think Ive ever brought a charger though. For the space, you can fit in a LOT of batteries

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

So far I have kept the charger and batteries in the box they came in. The L-BOXX1 for my Bosch and the blow mold case for my M18 stuff.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

@onecaribou that looks great
    I usually just keep them inside my L box with the tools
    I keep an extra charger at home for each volt platform,

But you definitely have a nice set up.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.249 seconds