dcsimg

Latex paint for metal

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I just wondering if there is a good latex paint for metal. I have a older metal shed that needs to be paint. I would like to use Fuji HLVP sprayer to do this. For clean up reasons I prefer to use latex paint.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Most automotive paint is water based now.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Most automotive paint is water based now.

I have heard this. I may have to check into it. I automotive paint is pretty pricey.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

automotive paint is pretty pricey.

Most paints, at least in Canada, are now regulated to low, or no, VOC’s. Which means oil based paints are getting hard to find and have been replaced with water based paints.

That being said, there are still a few places you can get nitrocellulose laquer. Real nasty fumes, but some areas people swear by it. Like for guitars.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

For a metal shed look into an electrostatic paint. It uses charged particles and then charges the material being painted with the opposite charge. the paint sticks well to the metal, but nothing else that does not have the opposite charge.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

For a metal shed look into an electrostatic paint. It uses charged particles and then charges the material being painted with the opposite charge. the paint sticks well to the metal, but nothing else that does not have the opposite charge.

Thanks I will have look into this.

Greg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.195 seconds