dcsimg

large ga finish nailers

This topic contains 65 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Jpg-woodworking 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I saw that today too. I am with you. they look promising.

Jpg-woodworking
    Pro
    Tallahassee, FL

I too use the 15/18 ga combo, I’ve got the Bosch pneumatic guns along with their pinner and framer.

I wish I could find the Bosch 16 ga 18v nailer for a decent price, it seems like it has skyrocketed since they discontinued it. I have no desire to replace my pneumatic nailers, but a battery powered one would be really nice for quick jobs like baseboard in a bathroom after you lay tile.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I wish I could find the Bosch 16 ga 18v nailer for a decent price, it seems like it has skyrocketed since they discontinued it.

Did you have one before or had used that model previously? I know some of the Bosch nailers had their issues and some didn’t. Don’t know if that was one of them to possibly avoid.

You also have to think about service/support when a brand drops an entire tool type in a geographic market. That’s something that in my mind can lead to its own perils. I certainly wouldn’t pay anywhere near its original retail price for such a tool in such a case myself.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Maynard
    Pro

I use 15ga for doors. 16 and 18ga for interior trims and casing. For me it depends on what type of holding power I need or want. The angle nailer is great for tight places. When I install exterior trim 15 and16 ga is good and also good for hardie trim

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I too use the 15/18 ga combo, I’ve got the Bosch pneumatic guns along with their pinner and framer.

I wish I could find the Bosch 16 ga 18v nailer for a decent price, it seems like it has skyrocketed since they discontinued it. I have no desire to replace my pneumatic nailers, but a battery powered one would be really nice for quick jobs like baseboard in a bathroom after you lay tile.

it’s become a collectors item perhaps or the ones who like them have been buying them out for fear when theirs break, they will have a replacement ready to go.

Jpg-woodworking
    Pro
    Tallahassee, FL

I wish I could find the Bosch 16 ga 18v nailer for a decent price, it seems like it has skyrocketed since they discontinued it.

Did you have one before or had used that model previously? I know some of the Bosch nailers had their issues and some didn’t. Don’t know if that was one of them to possibly avoid.

You also have to think about service/support when a brand drops an entire tool type in a geographic market. That’s something that in my mind can lead to its own perils. I certainly wouldn’t pay anywhere near its original retail price for such a tool in such a case myself.

I did a lot of research on it and came to the conclusion that it got a bad rap for not being able to consistently sink 2 1/2″ nails into hardwood, and having a delay from pulling the trigger to firing the nail.

I think too many guys were expecting it to be a replacement for their pneumatic guns rather than an occasional punch list tool. I also agree that it’s not worth the price, but if I could find the bare tool for $200I I’d be all over it.

I think that there are better cordless nailers out there, but for my limited uses adding another battery/charger platform isn’t worth it.

I also contacted Bosch when they were discontinuing their pneumatic nailers and they assured me that they would continue to provide parts and service for them. It’s one of the nice things about them, if you look up parts for older tools, almost everything is still available. The same can’t be said for many other manufacturers.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.866 seconds