dcsimg

Labeling your L-boxx the best solution

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I do like my method with the excel printed labels and then just use some clear tape to protect them. fast and easy and if they somehow get damaged it’s easy to print a new one.

Part of giving off a professional image

That’s right Eric…IMO using tape or just a sharpie <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”><span class=”d4pbbc-font-color” style=”color: red”>looks like crap</span>, tacky etc.

I have been using Avery stick-on business card holders and printing out a card size label to stick inside. Works quite well and it is easy to change the label when needed. The description on the business card size piece of paper can be large sized which helps with reading. Only $3.49 per 10 pack from the big A.

I’ve seen Avery adhesives for postcards or mail at costco the other day and they are available in different sizes. I was thinking about going that route.
    Just throw them in the printer, print the name or maybe a little image too and stick it on the lboxx. Just have to figure out which size works best.

bethepro is this the new accepted way we can and should describe what we don’t care for here on the site?????

As I said, it’s my opinion…I just don’t like it. Is that such a bad word?
    I would understand if someone gets irritated or offended if I would have used shi# but I didn’t. This word has a few meanings not just one.
    As far as I know it means “something of extremely poor quality, or not good”
    for instance, crappy music, I am crap at golf.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I just use regular label and yes i do label my idh182 as such as well as my different sanders and hdh183, it helps differentiate between drills and where the accessories are for each drill.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I also discovered that Sortimo provide downloadable labels in the two sizes (regular and thin for i-boxx)

Thank you for the links

madman if I just put the model numbers on my tags I’d have to include a picture as well LOL In fact using the pictures from the Bosch site wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I also discovered that Sortimo provide downloadable labels in the two sizes (regular and thin for i-boxx)

Thank you for the links

madman if I just put the model numbers on my tags I’d have to include a picture as well LOL In fact using the pictures from the Bosch site wouldn’t be a bad idea.

I think I want to get the self-laminating printable Avery Labels (I only need 20) and use their software to riff off this idea

Attachments:
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i use avery printable labels.. out of shear laziness on my part i write on them becuase i cant seem to figure out the settings on my printer to make them that way. a printed label is defintely much more legible than my chicken scratch hand writing

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I do like my method with the excel printed labels and then just use some clear tape to protect them. fast and easy and if they somehow get damaged it’s easy to print a new one.

That’s right Eric…IMO using tape or just a sharpie looks like crap, tacky etc.

I guess this matters if your stuff is on display in a show room. Mine ether is in my shop, vehicle or on the job site. Nobody but me really ever see’s them.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I guess this matters if your stuff is on display in a show room. Mine ether is in my shop, vehicle or on the job site. Nobody but me really ever see’s them.

Well it’s good that everyone has a different opinion on how labeling should look like 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

My shop is my show room, in that customers come to see me to buy my work. Or, I go to their homes and visit them, at which point my setup gives a positive impression

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

My shop is my show room, in that customers come to see me to buy my work. Or, I go to their homes and visit them, at which point my setup gives a positive impression

I like that, if you’ve got the tools/boxes might as well make them look good. Especially if you have customers coming to your shop to check it out.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@madman_us my sharpie skills are nice. I label the box. Looks better in my eyes. I don’t like the paper. And the clear tape stuff.and costumer do care what your tools look like. They give attention to everything. They like seeing nice looking tools. Whenever I pull my vacuum inside they can tell it’s quality. They like nice vacuum.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

everyone has their own needs.. if toolboxes are for personal use and not very visable hand written does the job.. but if your either having clients do walk throughs of your shop or your a larger outfit company which has a fleet of trucks outfitted with a bunch of toolboxes printed off labels look cleaner and are easier to read.

to each their own

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Funny I let my work speak for itself. I don’t need a fancy label to give a positive impression.
    Now by all means this does not say that one shouldn’t care about how stuff looks when around a paying customer. I just think some stuff can be taken a little over board.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Funny I let my work speak for itself. I don’t need a fancy label to give a positive impression.
    Now by all means this does not say that one shouldn’t care about how stuff looks when around a paying customer. I just think some stuff can be taken a little over board.

Everything in moderation. I agree with that.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think the black on the blue looks good. I’m the only one that needs to see it.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I like that, if you’ve got the tools/boxes might as well make them look good. Especially if you have customers coming to your shop to check it out.

i agree with that, people who come by want to see that the shop and tools are neat, it kinda will show in your work as well.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

What Dabbs said. It gets a little tiresome having to moderate squabbles and petty comments. There is absolutely no room for being disrespectful to anyone. Take what you can use and leave the rest. In speaking with the Sponsors of the site recently they expressed that the quality of post activity regarding commercial construction has been moving in the wrong direction. Personal issues and member clashes need to be minimized or the points system may have to be eliminated. Their perspective is that the site is starting to deviate from it’s original intent. I would have to agree with this and it is really a small core of folks who seem to have it in mind that they can say anything they want here. That is NOT the case. This thread and a few others that have been brought to our attention seem to suggest that the small group of antagonists may need to be removed from the site altogether. Wouldn’t want to do that, but the greater good is at stake here.

We are losing new members that come to the site and see these personal issues being played out and they think that’s what this forum is all about. WE CANNOT HAVE THAT HAPPEN. So let this post serve as notice to the few members who seem to have to be continually reminded of the rules of engagement here. Once again, think twice, post once. If your comment could be misconstrued as a personal attack, then don’t post it. Walk away and come back when you are in a better state of mind. I would like to think we are all adults here, but based on feedback from recent new members as well as looking at some recent posts I am beginning to this this is not the case.

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Nice dewalt tough boxes @dirtywhiteboy I really like the idea of getting vinyl decals for each box with colored picture. Would look really nice. End of the day less you searching for a tool more work you doing

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

I agree with you 100%. Labels fall off, better to learn your boxes. I like paint pens to mark with, different colors (if it matters), fast and easy. But now that I am pretty much retired I may take the time to do fancy letters or decals.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I use a sharpie on the box itself. Works for me. I use descriptive terms 12V 18V or 36V then what the tool does impact driver, circular saw etc. Pictures would be nice and I may do that.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I picked up a pack of the new durable self-laminating printable labels from Avery to try something out.

These are supposed to be permanent and waterproof, and worked out to about $0.50 a label

I used the free online avery label software, stock images from the boschtools website, and for the colour stripe, used the hex code option in the software to get Bosch Blue and Bosch Red

What do you think?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 167 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.409 seconds