dcsimg

Labeling your L-boxx the best solution

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 167 total)
  • Author

I use marker to label mines. I just put the code of the tool I have on the locking handles.

When you have guys helping you do you find it hard for them to know all the model numbers to go with the tool label .

Always willing to learn .

I attached labels to my L-BOXX’s which I printed out from a excel list.
    print, cut and just use some clear tape – done.

I do like the labels from the german L-BOXX’s

I’m going to steal your idea here. I’m using a label maker but even with the outdoor rated labels I’m loosing one every week it seems. I think the clear tape will help.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I’m going to steal your idea here. I’m using a label maker but even with the outdoor rated labels I’m loosing one every week it seems. I think the clear tape will help.

Its cheap and easy. Just saved up the excel list and you can print out more in case you rip one off or loose it somehow.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Avery now have a weatherproof “permanent” printable label. Im going to try it out and see

I also discovered that Sortimo provide downloadable labels in the two sizes (regular and thin for i-boxx)

https://www.sortimo.de/fileadmin/user_upload/sortimo/dokumente/pdf/L-BOXX_Label/L-Boxx_Label.pdf

https://www.sortimo.de/fileadmin/user_upload/sortimo/dokumente/pdf/L-BOXX_Label/L-Boxx_Label_102.pdf

I still want to do something with the picture of the tool rather than hand-written, but this is something

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Avery now have a weatherproof “permanent” printable label. Im going to try it out and see

I also discovered that Sortimo provide downloadable labels in the two sizes (regular and thin for i-boxx)

https://www.sortimo.de/fileadmin/user_upload/sortimo/dokumente/pdf/L-BOXX_Label/L-Boxx_Label.pdf

https://www.sortimo.de/fileadmin/user_upload/sortimo/dokumente/pdf/L-BOXX_Label/L-Boxx_Label_102.pdf

I still want to do something with the picture of the tool rather than hand-written, but this is something

Thanks for the links @montreal_woodworks, they just might come in handy one day.

I do use a Brother label printer with a high adhesive label that we use in a warehouse freezer environment here at work. I figure it can handle the abuse in a cold environment it could handle whatever I throw at it.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

@montreal_woodworks thanks for the link,

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

This is a good idea. Thanks for sharing. I might do this on my new LBOXX3 I got Friday.

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

@austin. I usually can’t find the right box with the label on it, when it’s right in front of me. There is no way I’d find what I’m looking for if you put the model numbers on😀

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

Doobie

I haven’t tried labelling any of the few L-Boxxes I have yet and I should. Are L-Boxxes similar to Systainers in that the are buggers to have labels stay stuck on them?

That’s one thing that drives me nuts with Systainers. The outer surface is like Teflon. Any labelling simply comes off although I’ve never tried using something like a 3M adhesive spray. I wonder if that works to keep them on.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

There is no way I’d find what I’m looking for if you put the model numbers on😀

Model numbers are huge with half of the members here. It’s all about SEO and fanboy stuff. I just use blue tape and a sharpie.

There is no way I’d find what I’m looking for if you put the <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>model numbers on😀

Model numbers are huge with half of the members here. It’s all about SEO and fanboy stuff. I just use blue tape and a sharpie.

I’m beginning to think you don’t much like it here. Why do you keep coming back? I’m genuinely curious.

Right now, my labels are just garbage white ones (that constantly fall off) that I label in sharpie. And the model number isnt there, unless I have more than one (my Sanders are pretty much the only ones)

But I want to have something professional and clean looking, like the ones that are on a lot of Systainers. That means a product name, an image, and a model number. Nothing wrong with having the model number, since I use it to look up the user manual online if I need it (the model number on the tool often isnt legible after a few years)

Getting a higher quality label and making it nice isnt a big job. More of a one-and-done, and looks good. Part of giving off a professional image

Doobie

I just use blue tape and a sharpie.

Lol! That’s what I’ve been doing too.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I also start using diffrent sticker on each box on diffrent locations so eye get used to it so you start recognizing the box.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

There is no way I’d find what I’m looking for if you put the <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>model numbers on😀

I’m beginning to think you don’t much like it here. Why do you keep coming back? I’m genuinely curious.

Right now, my labels are just garbage white ones (that constantly fall off) that I label in sharpie. And the model number isnt there, unless I have more than one (my Sanders are pretty much the only ones)

But I want to have something professional and clean looking, like the ones that are on a lot of Systainers. That means a product name, an image, and a model number. Nothing wrong with having the model number, since I use it to look up the user manual online if I need it (the model number on the tool often isnt legible after a few years)

Getting a higher quality label and making it nice isnt a big job. More of a one-and-done, and looks good. Part of giving off a professional image

Yes having it look neat and clean the client notices those things. If you take the time to make your tools look good then it gives the impression that you have pride in them which can translate to your work. Blue tape and sharpie is ok and works but it doesn’t give a professional look as much as printed stuff.

I have been using Avery stick-on business card holders and printing out a card size label to stick inside. Works quite well and it is easy to change the label when needed. The description on the business card size piece of paper can be large sized which helps with reading. Only $3.49 per 10 pack from the big A.

https://www.amazon.com/Avery-Self-Adhesive-Top-Load-Business-73720/dp/B001E6BCSI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1491872284&sr=8-2&keywords=avery+business+card+holder

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

The blue tape is so much simpler.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Oh I kinda like that.. now that I’ve got a few more lboxx’s I’m going to have to start labeling them somehow.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I only have 2 L-Boxxes. Dumped the contents of one into the other. The light one is empty, the heavier one has charger, 12v batts and FL12s so no need for labels

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I do like my method with the excel printed labels and then just use some clear tape to protect them. fast and easy and if they somehow get damaged it’s easy to print a new one.

Part of giving off a professional image

That’s right Eric…IMO using tape or just a sharpie looks like crap, tacky etc.

I have been using Avery stick-on business card holders and printing out a card size label to stick inside. Works quite well and it is easy to change the label when needed. The description on the business card size piece of paper can be large sized which helps with reading. Only $3.49 per 10 pack from the big A.

I’ve seen Avery adhesives for postcards or mail at costco the other day and they are available in different sizes. I was thinking about going that route.
    Just throw them in the printer, print the name or maybe a little image too and stick it on the lboxx. Just have to figure out which size works best.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I do like my method with the excel printed labels and then just use some clear tape to protect them. fast and easy and if they somehow get damaged it’s easy to print a new one.

Part of giving off a professional image

That’s right Eric…IMO using tape or just a sharpie looks like crap, tacky etc.

I’ve seen Avery adhesives for postcards or mail at costco the other day and they are available in different sizes. I was thinking about going that route.
    Just throw them in the printer, print the name or maybe a little image too and stick it on the lboxx. Just have to figure out which size works best.

@bethepro is this the new accepted way we can and should describe what we don’t care for here on the site?????

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 167 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.448 seconds