dcsimg

Labeling your L-boxx the best solution

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

After getting about 8 or 9 boxxes like most people you can lose track of what’s in what. I have seen some people with the labeling machines put it on theirs but IMHO it doesn’t look good and doesn’t seem that it would hold up. So I came up with the best solution. 1/2″ vinyl letter decals. I got them in red and they match great. Also they are big enough to read from far away and after cleaning the area with alcohol and applying them they DO NOT come off. I got them on amazon if anyone is interested.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Neat idea @Austin. Nice to also see that you don’t mind getting your L-Boxx’s a little dirty. They do clean up nice though.

Not sure if you’ve seen it but @MaukaRunner and @TheDude306 have a cool thread on their idea’s of labeling L-Boxx’s.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/l-box-labels-by-maukarunner-and-thedude306/

A Working Pro since 2004

Neat idea @Austin. Nice to also see that you don’t mind getting your L-Boxx’s a little dirty. They do clean up nice though.

Not sure if you’ve seen it but @MaukaRunner and @TheDude306 have a cool thread on their idea’s of labeling L-Boxx’s.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/l-box-labels-by-maukarunner-and-thedude306/

Thanks Chris, that is the thread I was going to give him. I just use a paint pen to mark them with. Not as nice, but it works

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

They are usually a little dusty. I use them for work not any beauty pageants ha.

The red letters do stand out nice. Have you had any problem with them peeling

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

They are usually a little dusty. I use them for work not any beauty pageants ha.

Masonry, concrete and caulking here so mine get a pretty dirty at times.

A Working Pro since 2004

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

No peeling so far. Actually I needed to peel one off because the spacing was wrong and it was a pain.

Cool idea, I like the red, I have some vinyl and a Silhouette cutter so I should try some.

Will

woodman_412

Those look great. I like how they have a factory look since they are red. Nicely done.

Dan

danpattison.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’ve had great results with my Brother label maker….but yours do look pretty good too.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

great idea austin with the red vinyl letters.
    I printed out small labels in excel and just taped it on the lboxx.
    But next plan is to label them like brad did. like the idea.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

This was discussed in the past I believe by Brad. You can pick up Avery business card holders and print a business card size label, cut it appropriately sized, insert into the card holder and apply it to your box. I have done this and it is a great system. Print a new label up when you need to change something,.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

After getting about 8 or 9 boxxes like most people you can lose track of what’s in what. I have seen some people with the labeling machines put it on theirs but IMHO it doesn’t look good and doesn’t seem that it would hold up. So I came up with the best solution. 1/2″ vinyl letter decals. I got them in red and they match great. Also they are big enough to read from far away and after cleaning the area with alcohol and applying them they DO NOT come off. I got them on amazon if anyone is interested.

I like what you have done. Simple yet effective. The red letter’s also look nice.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So I came up with the best solution. 1/2″ vinyl letter decals.

Austin very nice solution to a common problem we all have.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’ve had great results with my Brother label maker….but yours do look pretty good too.

yah i have this too but i wished the computer could print the dynmo ones with the raised letters.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

but i wished the computer could print the dynmo ones with the raised letters.

Man I never could get them things to stick beyond a few days before they fell off. LOL

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@Austin wow those look great , they match perfect , almost like a beauty pageant lol , seriously good idea , i like the fact that can be read easily for my oldish eyes

Pretty nice idea like how color it matches . When you buy a tool with an L-boxx . Does it come labeled or without .

Always willing to learn .

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

@boschmanbrian you can get even bigger letters too

@Skillman
    all the boxes I have bought are unlabeled

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pretty nice idea like how color it matches . When you buy a tool with an L-boxx . Does it come labeled or without .

Nice idea Austin, And no they don’t come labeled. I went with the Dudes idea, he even sent me the program to make the labels. I found these business card holders that work very well for them too, I was originally using my label maker as shown and thought it was great til I realized they don’t work very well with the Lbox1’s. the handles covered the next box below

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 167 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.437 seconds