dcsimg

L-Rack Storage and Organization

This topic contains 59 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Miamicuse 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Author

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I need to get a couple of those L dollies.

The L-Dolley is fantastic. I has the smoothest casters I have ever used.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’ll second that.
    I don’t think I have anything else that has casters that roll as smooth as the L-DOLLY. All I need to do now is attach a strap so I can pull it along.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I’ll second that.
    I don’t think I have anything else that has casters that roll as smooth as the L-DOLLY. All I need to do now is attach a strap so I can pull it along.

Good to know. How does it do rolling over obstacles?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I’ll second that.

thats what I hear all the time about the casters.
    Glad that mine is ordered. Maybe I should get a 2nd one…just for the L-RACK-S I gonna get in the future 😀

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’ll second that.

@austin,
    So far the only thing it has hung up on me is an 12/3 extension cord. Easy enough to just put your foot under one lip and lift it over,
    That’s why I want the strap on there make it even easier to lift.

No issues rolling over carpeted areas. @utopia78 has taken his for plenty of rides on out local transit system and job sites with no issues.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’ll second that.

@austin,
    So far the only thing it has hung up on me is an 12/3 extension cord. Easy enough to just put your foot under one lip and lift it over,
    That’s why I want the strap on there make it even easier to lift.

No issues rolling over carpeted areas. @utopia78 has taken his for plenty of rides on out local transit system and job sites with no issues.

Thanks for the tag Frank

I have taken the dolly all over the city! It really holds up! I just had to tighten the rollers twice due to all the vibration from uneven surfaces. I really never expected it to take so much abuse. @r-ice was even rolling the dolly on his front lawn.

A Working Pro since 2004

Do you have the festool dolley to compare to . I thinking of redemption for one with l-boxxs .

Always willing to learn .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Do you have the festool dolley to compare to . I thinking of redemption for one with l-boxxs .

No I do not have the Festool dolly. But can’t imagine it being much smoother than the Bosch. In addition to being smooth it handles rough concrete really well also. Does not seem to get stuck.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

No I do not have the Festool dolly. But can’t imagine it being much smoother than the Bosch. In addition to being smooth it handles rough concrete really well also. Does not seem to get stuck.

I think that’s the best part of a dolley is being able to run on rough surfaces .

Always willing to learn .

I have recently been able to acquire two free metal cabinets. They are 18” deep and 36” wide, and they are just barely a perfect fit.

grr… pics rotated on me

John S

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I have recently been able to acquire two free metal cabinets. They are 18” deep and 36” wide, and they are just barely a perfect fit.

grr… pics rotated on me

Now that’s a nice, neat and organised set up.

every time I see these L-Box / L-rack posts I get more and more drawn into the idea.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

John those cabinets full of L-boxxes look really nice. Very nice fit.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Nice collection @supimeister very jealous of your L-boxxes there. and good score on that cabinet. Was some one throwing it away.

Was some one throwing it away.

The school I work for was going to scrap it. It used to store all sorts of chemicals, so there are some pretty good spots with rust that I need to get cleaned up. I hope to do a full cleaning of it sometime this summer – clean the rust, replace all the bolts (which are also rusted), and paint it. Ideally, I will get one more metal cabinet and then most all of my tools can more or less be in boxxes in 2 metal cabinets + 1 metal shelf. I also hope to paint them all a unified color 🙂

John S

grr… pics rotated on me

Now that’s a nice, neat and organised set up.

every time I see these L-Box / L-rack posts I get more and more drawn into the idea.

Thanks! One downside to this setup is that the top of the 3Ds are not accessible without being pulled out. The 3Ds used to rest on the top of a bunch of l-racks that were on an l-dolly… I went with these metal shelves for now due to the footprint of the l-dollys and a really, really, really limited amount of space for keeping my tools in my garage. Hopefully soon I can get a shop in a basement and get everything back on the l-dolly + l-rack + 3D on top setup.

I will also say that I really appreciate the (eye) i-boxxes for their clear lids. It is really nice to see through the contents vs. l-boxxes. It probably also helps keep out rust a little bit. However, I probably prefer the open top drawers a little bit more for quick access.

John S

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Was some one throwing it away.

The school I work for was going to scrap it. It used to store all sorts of chemicals, so there are some pretty good spots with rust that I need to get cleaned up. I hope to do a full cleaning of it sometime this summer – clean the rust, replace all the bolts (which are also rusted), and paint it. Ideally, I will get one more metal cabinet and then most all of my tools can more or less be in boxxes in 2 metal cabinets + 1 metal shelf. I also hope to paint them all a unified color :)

My vote is painting it bosch blue, and the handles red.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I have quite a few of my boxes sitting on my metal shelves too. How is that screeching noise when you pull them out? Mine make a hideous noise when I pull them forward!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’ll second that.

Glad that mine is ordered. Maybe I should get a 2nd one…just for the L-RACK-S I gonna get in the future 😀

Your not going to be dissatisfied with the Bosch L-Dolly, I actually need to add a second one to my Bosch stacks!

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’ll second that.

Your not going to be dissatisfied with the Bosch L-Dolly, I actually need to add a second one to my Bosch stacks!

although i wouldn’t mind something that could do stairs easier, i wonder if there is such a function.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My vote is painting it bosch blue, and the handles red.

That would be a nice color combo.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.479 seconds