dcsimg

L-Rack Storage and Organization

This topic contains 59 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Miamicuse 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 60 total)
  • Author

using i-boxx72s

Misc pliers and wrenches in one
    Box wrench set (metric and sae) in the other

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

using i-boxx72s

Is the clear lid impact resistant ?

using i-boxx72s

It seems like it could take some hard knocks, but I wouldn’t step on it. There is some flex, probably to give it a bit of bounce in case it drops

redwood
    Pro

That’s similar to my setup, except that mine are in a L’rack with drawers.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Eric, putting those i72s in an L-Rack and then on an L-Dolley and you will have a nice mobile tool box.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Eric, putting those i72s in an L-Rack and then on an L-Dolley and you will have a nice mobile tool box.

They alternate between sitting in l-Rack S’s and in my 3D, but I need more. Also need a new L-Dolly, because the one I have can’t hold everything. I’m at about 9 feet of boxxes now. A second dolly would be perfect

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

They alternate between sitting in l-Rack S’s and in my 3D, but I need more. Also need a new L-Dolly, because the one I have can’t hold everything. I’m at about 9 feet of boxxes now. A second dolly would be perfect

well I just ordered my first dolly after seeing how easy it is for chris to move everything around. It’ll be great to have at my shop so I can move hand tools and consumables around with me to where I need it and perhaps a place I can store bits and pieces I take off and put on the project.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

using i-boxx72s

It seems like it could take some hard knocks, but I wouldn’t step on it. There is some flex, probably to give it a bit of bounce in case it drops

Thanks for your reply.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

well I just ordered my first dolly after seeing how easy it is for chris to move everything around. It’ll be great to have at my shop so I can move hand tools and consumables around with me to where I need it and perhaps a place I can store bits and pieces I take off and put on the project.

You are going to like the L-Dolly. Very nice piece of equipment.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Just curious, does the dolly get bogged down under the weight of 9 L-boxes? I’m thinking of getting one.

Just curious, does the dolly get bogged down under the weight of 9 L-boxes? I’m thinking of getting one.

Not at all. I find when its underloaded, there is a bit of a bounce to it that goes away as soon as a boxx or two is added.

Under the full weight of all my boxxes, loaded with tools and hardware, it is as smooth as when 1-2 are on it – which is to say crazy smooth

When its that tall though, being off level is an issue. Better keep the heavier stuff low. My garage has a good slope to the drain in one section, and I have to avoid that spot with the stack, or it looks like it may fall. Going over the lip at the garage door is also a bit hairy. But for in-place storage, and moving it around within the area, its perfect.

I want to split it up to two waist-shoulder height stacks. Easier to unload and use, plus I can keep one where Im working and the other down in the basement

I want to split it up to two waist-shoulder height stacks. Easier to unload and use,

That is exactly the height I keep all of mine at. It would save more space in my shop to either not use L-Dollys or use fewer of them but I get access to everything much faster when it is spread out.

John S

I want to split it up to two waist-shoulder height stacks. Easier to unload and use,

That is exactly the height I keep all of mine at. It would save more space in my shop to either not use L-Dollys or use fewer of them but I get access to everything much faster when it is spread out.

Yup. Two stacks on wheels, plus a few loose extras in the basement(Skil Wormdrive in an L4, shared with other corded tools) Im happy

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Got around to gathering all my multimeters and get them into my new L-RACK-S with a I-BOXX72
    The L-BOXX-3D and L-RACK-S holds all my electrical, cabling, networking tools and accessories.

@theamcguy & @madman_us
    Bill & Alex here is a pick of my BOXX stack.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Got around to gathering all my multimeters and get them into my new L-RACK-S with a I-BOXX72
    The L-BOXX-3D and L-RACK-S holds all my electrical, cabling, networking tools and accessories.

Looks good Frank. I like all those sticker on the lboxx4.
    Need to get some too.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Frank looks really good. Nice to have all the DMMs in one place.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Frank looks really good. Nice to have all the DMMs in one place.

Funny though, The big square one in the top left is an old Analog Meter that is one of my most accurate. 🙂
    The one in the leather pouch is used to detect power in any outlet but only has a couple lights and a mechanical arm that moves up and down.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Oh no looks like the addiction has started. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@theamcguy & @madman_us

looks great Frank , thanks for the pictures , i think i need the single rack and the 3 D what are the i boxxes in your single rack , and the 3D

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I need to get a couple of those L dollies. Also I need an L cart. Next job is a pent house condo. I want to make one trip when moving tools.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.479 seconds