dcsimg

L-Rack and L-Boxx 3D are on order

This topic contains 49 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)
  • Author

I bit the bullet and ordered a few more L-Boxx things to supplement my order from the prize list. I decided to get an L-Boxx 3D for my new drill and the large drawer and the drawer with a lid — I am going to put my Bridgecity DJ2 and accessories in this kit along with a few other odds and ends related to drilling. My plan is to keep this on top of my workbench since these are used on lots of projects and I want it easy to access.

I also bought an L-Rack section and drawer to install on the bottom of my jigsaw L-Boxx. I want to have more storage for blades, splinter inserts, the instruction manual (that always gets in the way) and the vac adapter. I try to keep all the accessories together so I do not lose them and I think this stuff will fit well in the L-Rack drawer attached to my jigsaw. I can also keep this on top of my drill or bench as needed.

Depending on how well I like this set-up, I could see buying lots more L-Racks and put them on the L-Dolley for a mobile drawer unit. Or buy more L-Rack components to add storage to existing L-Boxxes. Should know more in the next few weeks after all my goodies arrive and I have a chance to play with them some.

Orange County, CA

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Scot, I love what your approach with the Lboxxes to keep everything together and organized. I never though of adding a complimentary Lboxx to a particular tool.

So does the L-Rack accommodate a LST92-OD drawer or is it a special drawer just for the L-Rack?

Brilliant idea Scot – especially for how you are planning to use the 3D. I would imagine you need to foam that DJ-2 and its accessories 😛

And I think your idea for using the l-rack + dolly combo might be a brilliant way to have an incredibly mobile parts cart

John S

This is what I ordered, Jason:

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-LST72-OD-Drawer-L-RACK-Storage/dp/B00E1RVSOK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1386363385&sr=8-2&keywords=lrack+bosch

I think it is a smaller drawer — 72mm as opposed to 92mm. It is going to go in this clipped to the bottom of my jigsaw L-Boxx:

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tools/Pages/BoschProductDetail.aspx?pid=L-RACK-S#benefits

Orange County, CA

Anonymous

Oooooo I’m excited to see how ya like this, Take pics please, I was thinking about doing the same thing for my drill. I first thought I wanted the 3D but now I’m leaning towards an L-2 with foam & an L-1a under it. The disadvantage of that being no drawer to pull out so they’d have to be unclicked for access. Do you know if the 3D is the same height as a regular L-3? I spect my idea of the 2 & 1a would end up being about the same height as an L-3.

Boyd- not sure on the height, but I suspect you are close — actually I think that the 3D is close to an L-Boxx 4, but could be wrong. I will try and take pics and post them here when I get the stuff and have everything set-up — probably in a week or so.

John – BTW supplies the DJ with its own foam insert in a nice box. This will allow me to just take it out of the box and stick it in the drawer, already done. I have lots of bushings and little accessories I plan on putting in the other drawer and the drill and accessories up top – I ordered some of the foam as well off the list. I know that Kaizen is probably the longer term solution, but I figured I could use the foam for now and ultimately as a template for inside the L-Boxx.

Orange County, CA

Scot, I love what your approach with the Lboxxes to keep everything together and organized. I never though of adding a complimentary Lboxx to a particular tool.

So does the L-Rack accommodate a LST92-OD drawer or is it a special drawer just for the L-Rack?

I pondered over the same thing when I chose the 3D. I don’t believe the LST92 fits in the l-racks. Seems exclusive to the 3D l-boxx. The 53 and 72 series are the only ones that fit in the l-racks according to the descriptions/pics I’ve seen.

BTW supplies the DJ with its own foam insert in a nice box. This will allow me to just take it out of the box and stick it in the drawer, already done.

Ohh, okay – very cool. That makes it easy haha

Boyd – I think Scot is right – I am pretty sure a 3D is as tall as a 4…

Your combo of a L-2 +L-1a is not a bad one… but using the drawers on my 3d today was quite nice and convenient..

John S

John — what all do you have stored in the drawers?

Orange County, CA

John — what all do you have stored in the drawers?

Right now – it is honestly a hodge podge mixture of woodworking hand tools, various misc screws, and I think some electrical tape – haha… Obviously very logical choices 🙂 I need to re-work my l-boxxes from being simply “quick throw it in here” to logical choices…

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That is a great idea to use the L-Boxxes and just throw a Rack and drawer under them. I’m wish I would have thought of that. You are my hero Scott.

Sven — nothing stopping you from expanding…Amazon has the $25 off $100 purchase so it made it a little easier…this stuff can add up quickly. Your post and pics really inspired me to give the 3D a go and when researching things it made sense to try this out. I will let everyone know how it all works out.

Orange County, CA

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Sven — nothing stopping you from expanding…Amazon has the $25 off $100 purchase so it made it a little easier…this stuff can add up quickly. Your post and pics really inspired me to give the 3D a go and when researching things it made sense to try this out. I will let everyone know how it all works out.

I plan on it, just have some other things to do first.

I hear you…always something else to buy do…at least in my life lately…

Orange County, CA

Anonymous

BTW supplies the DJ with its own foam insert in a nice box. This will allow me to just take it out of the box and stick it in the drawer, already done.

Ohh, okay – very cool. That makes it easy haha

Boyd – I think Scot is right – I am pretty sure a 3D is as tall as a 4…

Your combo of a L-2 +L-1a is not a bad one… but using the drawers on my 3d today was quite nice and convenient..

How deep is the top compartment on a 3D, = to a L2?? L1?

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

= to an L2.

Yep…which I thought would be perfect to house a drill.

Orange County, CA

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Like this:

Anonymous

Cool, Thanks for the pic Sven , That’s what I was hoping for in the top. And yeah those slide out drawers would be better than a 1a underneath. *sigh* Decisions decisions.

EDIT; Then of course the other option of a single L-rack rather than a 1a. Ugghh!! It’s all John’s fault for doing this to me

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

And yeah those slide out drawers would be better than a 1a underneath. *sigh*

Would they?

I like the 3D, it works great for me, but I also like the idea Scot came up with. I think you will be happy with the 3D.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.017 seconds