dcsimg

L-BOXX Work Table??

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Alright everyone, I just heard a rumor that @joesainz has been holding out on us. I heard there was a pretty sweet L-BOXX work surface a JLC Live that was demo’d.

Joe, any chance that you might be able to share some up close pictures with us? Is this something that was an actual prototype, or something you put together yourself?

Would love to hear / see some details on it!

– Matt

It was in Rob’s most recent newsletter email:
    Bosch L-Boxx Table Top

I stopped into the Bosch booth to say help to Joe Saintz [Joe The Pro] and noticed that Bosch had this cool looking table top clipped L-boxx system.

The table is made by Sortimo and is not currently available. Bosch is looking into whether folks like us would want these. My answer is YES!

It clips onto the L-Boxx and was secure and stable. A perfect “quick erect” job-site table.

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Sortimo has been making things like that for a while, just NAINA. It is a cool piece though. I wouldn’t mind seeing one here, and think it could be replicated easily enough.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I saw it in the Concord Carpenter newsletter too 🙂 I’m curious to get some up close pics of the latching mechanism and how it was done. The idea really opens up a lot of possibilities. L-MFT Anyone?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I would be all over this top. I think the key is the latching mech. Once you have it in hand the size could be made to anything you want. It’s getting the latches that count.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Kinda reminds me of my Rockwell Jawhorse accessory miter saw table. Only thing is the miter saw table has some nice outfeed rollers and is pretty versatile.

That might be a nice touch for this L-Boxx work surface – add a couple of braces to accompany 2 x 4’s and slip on the outfeed rollers.

Pat

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alright everyone, I just heard a rumor that @joesainz has been holding out on us. I heard there was a pretty sweet L-BOXX work surface a JLC Live that was demo’d.

Joe, any chance that you might be able to share some up close pictures with us? Is this something that was an actual prototype, or something you put together yourself?

Would love to hear / see some details on it!

– Matt

Ahh Haa, This is why I keep asking if those little clips could be made for hooking to the top of L-boxes. You could make a jobsite 4’x8′ (or whatever size) workbench out of 4 stacks of L-boxes 🙂

Kinda reminds me of my Rockwell Jawhorse accessory miter saw table. Only thing is the miter saw table has some nice outfeed rollers and is pretty versatile.

That might be a nice touch for this L-Boxx work surface – add a couple of braces to accompany 2 x 4′s and slip on the outfeed rollers.

I suppose you could turn your lboxx stack into a miter saw station – why not?!!
    Though I would rather use something else – so that I would still have access to my tools underneath without having to take off the miter saw etc…

I am guessing we may feel like the price is a little high if/when it comes to the States… I’d guess they would charge around $75 USD?

John S

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

That might be a nice touch for this L-Boxx work surface – add a couple of braces to accompany 2 x 4′s and slip on the outfeed rollers.

That’s a really cool accessory, I need to make something like that for my Ridgid Fauxhorse.

Ahh Haa, This is why I keep asking if those little clips could be made for hooking to the top of L-boxes. You could make a jobsite 4′x8′ (or whatever size) workbench out of 4 stacks of L-boxes

You called it – that’s where my mind was going. It’s a little more complicated to latch on top since you need some type of spring mechanism, I’m really curious to see the details of how this was rigged up.

I suppose you could turn your lboxx stack into a miter saw station – why not?!!
    Though I would rather use something else – so that I would still have access to my tools underneath without having to take off the miter saw etc…

I am guessing we may feel like the price is a little high if/when it comes to the States… I’d guess they would charge around $75 USD?

I don’t know if I’d go as far as mounting a mitre saw on on top – the stability wouldn’t be there I don’t think, but a simple clamping station sure would be handy. Come on @joesainz – kill the suspense already 🙂

Based on what Rob said in his newsletter, I believe Bosch is simply feeling out the market to get a sense of whether or not there is enough demand to justify bringing this over. I am all for it – and for anything sortimo that Bosch can manage to bring over!! But I know I am a bit committed to the whole l-boxx thing 🙂

John S

redwood
    Pro

Maybe that L-Boxx table will be part of the BTP Testers Club.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I would love to have a L-MFT type top for clamping. I’ve been playing around with trying to make a little mechanism to clip in, no luck so far but I’m sure I will figure it out after I tweak it a little more.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I would love to have a L-MFT type top for clamping.

yup, I’m with you on this. I can’t beleive how nice it is to have an MFT style top. Even with mine not complete, I’m using it lots. It’s going to be a must have going forward in my shop.

Brad T

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

It’s not a bad idea. I’d like to see it in person.

I would be all for this type of thing. I have a Sys-MFT for my Festool stuff and it works great. Having a top for a stack of L-Boxxes would be equally useful.

Orange County, CA

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Not only the top, but if I can figure out the way to make it work, it’s going to mean I can snap my stack of systainers onto my stack of L-BOXX’s and they can live together in harmony at last. I hope to get it figured out so I can have an adapter plate between the two systems.

You guys don’t worry it would just be in the way of the stack, you couldn’t access anything without clearing off the table. I guess a stack of 3Ds.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

For me it would be used after the tools are out of the boxxes and in use. Then put the top on. Or on top a stack of 3D or l-racks.. That’s an even better idea!

More l-boxxes needed!

Brad T

Taking everything that you might need out, putting it on the floor(?) and then picking it back up to put on the table. I don’t know I can’t see where I would use it. If it had four little fold up, telescoping legs to stand alone it might be useful to me.

Tough to imagine it not seeing it in person

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I see what you mean, but I wouldn’t use it for my primary table. You would still have your saw horses set up ect. This would just be for an MFT style top for me for clamping. I find with my boxxes you empty them (saw, router, drills, charger) and then stack them up to keep them out of the way. It would just be a bonus to have a top on them.

Brad T

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.508 seconds