dcsimg

L-Boxx LB4

This topic contains 37 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Rovik
    Pro

I have the new style L-Boxx. Let me know if you ned more pictures and information.

Norway

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I have the new style L-Boxx. Let me know if you ned more pictures and information.

Hey thanks for the info, and most definitely would like to hear and see more pictures, especially when you have a couple stacked and try to lift the lid, thanks for this

While I like seeing an Lboxx that can be opened in the middle of the stack, that only brings the Lboxx back into competition with the Systainer. Why not something better?

When I look at all the sustainers, including worktops, opening toolboxes, drawer systems, and different sizes like the Midi and the Maxi systainers, the Sortimo Lboxx offering is still lagging behind.

I love these new ones of course, but would not buy them retail as standalone I don’t think. Included with tools, I would have gladly paid a slight premium on the kits, but if Im paying for standalone, I will buy a TLoc Systainer or even a MakPak Classic Systainer (WAY cheaper than anything else out there)

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

While I like seeing an Lboxx that can be opened in the middle of the stack, that only brings the Lboxx back into competition with the Systainer. Why not something better?

When I look at all the sustainers, including worktops, opening toolboxes, drawer systems, and different sizes like the Midi and the Maxi systainers, the Sortimo Lboxx offering is still lagging behind.

I love these new ones of course, but would not buy them retail as standalone I don’t think. Included with tools, I would have gladly paid a slight premium on the kits, but if Im paying for standalone, I will buy a TLoc Systainer or even a MakPak Classic Systainer (WAY cheaper than anything else out there)

I can’t speak for the other styles, but it’s definitely a nice option, but I think it could be problematic to as people breaking the back hinges because the top boxes either slipped or went over to far because of the weight,

I can’t speak for the other styles, but it’s definitely a nice option, but I think it could be problematic to as people breaking the back hinges because the top boxes either slipped or went over to far because of the weight,

I have a couple of tall stacks of T-Loc Systainers, with some serious weight in them, and it has never been an issue (so long as there is some good weight in the bottom boxes to help me tip it safely). I assume Lboxxes also have avoided issues of that type in their design.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I have a couple of tall stacks of T-Loc Systainers, with some serious weight in them, and it has never been an issue (so long as there is some good weight in the bottom boxes to help me tip it safely). I assume Lboxxes also have avoided issues of that type in their design.

Nice to know, hopefully they can,
    It’s just too bad that they can have a pull out drawers or tilting front,

That being said, I still love my L boxes. Great for transporting,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hopefully they will have a good demonstration of the capability at WOC.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Hopefully they will have a good demonstration of the capability at WOC.

It sure would be nice. Bosch uses WOC to announce most of their new products at the beginning of the year. If they have the new lboxxs there, I’ll definitely take some pictures, maybe evena short video.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

I find for my use that I’m using a couple of 3s and a 4 but using the Lrack shelves in tall stacks the most. It would be nice to have even deeper drawers. I would actually prefer drawers only if I could get a few as deep as an L-BOXX2 and maybe even one as deep as a 3.

j

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I find for my use that I’m using a couple of 3s and a 4 but using the Lrack shelves in tall stacks the most. It would be nice to have even deeper drawers. I would actually prefer drawers only if I could get a few as deep as an L-BOXX2 and maybe even one as deep as a 3.

what you think about these ones here?

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

They do look handy. I’m actually thinking of access to the full range of storage in a stack. So, if there were a drawer that size that could contain certain tools or supplies and be accessed easily like a drawer when other things are stacked on top, that’s something I’d definitely use. I have a small collection of TSTAK and there are a few deep drawers that are about as deep as an L-BOXX 2 and they’re very nice. I can keep certain power tools in them and still access them easily without removing what’s on top. Although with TSTAK you can open boxes anywhere in the stack. It’s just that drawers are my favorite.

j

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Those definitely would be a nice addition, do you know if they will be available in USA or Canada this year

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Those definitely would be a nice addition, do you know if they will be available in USA or Canada this year

I’m pretty sure those have been available. At least in the us. LT-BOXX

j

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

You can find some knock offs on amazon, they are called bosch lt-boxx “makita style”. The original ones are actually not sold in the US

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie
    Pro

You can find some knock offs on amazon, they are called bosch lt-boxx “makita style”. The original ones are actually not sold in the US

Really…no way! Didn’t know that. Something to be vigilant on for sure.

CB
    Pro

I’m looking for a small size L-Boxx… by small I mean not very thick.

I need the box to store tools that are around 12.5″ by 12.5″ or around 315 mm by 315 mm, length by width, with a depth of between 3″ to 6″, or say 75 mm to 150 mm, more or less.

I don’t know what to call L-Boxxes anymore, because the numerology describes both the SIZE as well as the ITERATION in L-Boxx evolution history, so I’m quite confused. Whereas, I once thought L-Boxx 4 was a size, in this thread I learn that LB-4 is the latest version of the L-Boxx design iteration.

I checked the reward list on this forum, from which the only thing I ever wanted was one L-Boxx, and from the best of my ability to interpret the list, only the latest, most recent design L-Boxxes are available.

For the last year, I had my eye on the L-Boxxes at my local Lowes store (in USA), and wouldn’t you know it, I missed the day that Lowes blew out all of the old style L-Boxxes at half price. My concern with the new style L-Boxxes are the reports that they now made thinner than the previous design iteration. I have no intention of stacking the L-Boxxes, I just want ONE box. But I do need that box to be very sturdy, because the tools that will go in it are all steel, and will amount to some weight.

Any further guidance on the current state and differentiation between available L-Boxxes that more or less meet the size requirements above would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

RyanF
    Pro

I’m looking for a small size L-Boxx… by small I mean not very thick.

I need the box to store tools that are around 12.5″ by 12.5″ or around 315 mm by 315 mm, length by width, with a depth of between 3″ to 6″, or say 75 mm to 150 mm, more or less.

I don’t know what to call L-Boxxes anymore, because the numerology describes both the SIZE as well as the ITERATION in L-Boxx evolution history, so I’m quite confused. Whereas, I once thought L-Boxx 4 was a size, in this thread I learn that LB-4 is the latest version of the L-Boxx design iteration.

I checked the reward list on this forum, from which the only thing I ever wanted was one L-Boxx, and from the best of my ability to interpret the list, only the latest, most recent design L-Boxxes are available.

For the last year, I had my eye on the L-Boxxes at my local Lowes store (in USA), and wouldn’t you know it, I missed the day that Lowes blew out all of the old style L-Boxxes at half price. My concern with the new style L-Boxxes are the reports that they now made thinner than the previous design iteration. I have no intention of stacking the L-Boxxes, I just want ONE box. But I do need that box to be very sturdy, because the tools that will go in it are all steel, and will amount to some weight.

Any further guidance on the current state and differentiation between available L-Boxxes that more or less meet the size requirements above would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

L-Boxx 3 will meet all your requirements. 2s will meet some. Basic guideline, 4″ and under, a 2. Over that, youre into a 3. Old, new…whatever. No new ones here, but unless youre Zeus, im sure either will hold more than you’ll ever want to carry.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

L-Boxx 1 or 2 will meet your needs. Check the specs on amazon. They can give you the depth.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.561 seconds