dcsimg

L-Boxx LB4

This topic contains 37 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Author

BlackHydra
    Pro
    Landgraaf, The Netherlands

I was searching the internet too improve my workshop and found this.

The L-BOXX LB4 or 4.0.

What i found: it’s a tiny bit thinner than the old ones but they are bigger inside. The lit has the quickconnect on it so you can open the lit without romoving everything on top. (I’m not sure if it will really work with some of the wait i and you guys have in these but the second video explains it well.) And you can remove them from each other with one hand.

And i don’t know if these are production or prototype’s. The forum says prototypes but 2 youtubers in germany have them and reviewed them.

https://www.bosch-professional.com/gb/en/community/category/new-bosch-l-boxx-lb4-l-boxx-40/12895024-t#/main

Doobie
    Pro

Thanks for the videos. Answers a few questions I had. Just wish I could understand German.

BlackHydra
    Pro

Hahahaha i can semi translate a few parts if you want. The forum has a review from a user in old and new L-boxx

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Those are nice looking boxxes,, I have no idea what he was saying tho…

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@madman_us, If I recall, you speak German right? Could you give a brief translation?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Thanks for sharing.
    It’s great that they can be opened anywhere in a stack. The one handed thing is a modification that can be done to the old design but to me is less attractive than the stacked opening option.

j

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

Some nice changes to the L-Boxx.
    Lots of activity with modular storage systems lately. Milwaukee has a new system, and I discovered AUER Packaging’s Tool Box Pro system recently. Makita’s classic Systainer boxes are more widely available lately. Maybe the competition will slow down the price increases from Tanos and Sortimo.

Doobie
    Pro

I still prefer overall Systainers although I do use L-Boxxes also now.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I do believe I talked about the new lboxx style somewhere in here, I just can’t remember which thread.

The new lboxx style is called LB4 or L-BOXX 4.0 that is correct.
    Some folks I know in Germany received the new lboxx as a marketing sample for reviewing and testing. They are already available to purchase over there.
    North America will get the new lboxx style as well.

To me it’s more like a stealth lboxx design haha

– More inside volume
    – current tool trays will fit in the new style, but Bosch will also make new ones for the newer style.
    – smaller handle with upgraded mechanism
    – upgraded latches in the front to lock the lboxx. they are wide and easier to operate (apparently they should brake less than the older ones)
    – new and wider front handle
    – the clic system is now build-in in the lid. old and new style lboxx are compatible with each other. New lboxx can be opened with another lboxx on top.
    – it’s possible to slide in the new lboxx into each other. One little plastic piece has been removed to make this possible. It also means the user can easily stack them or take them a part with just one hand. everyone knows how difficult it was to get them lined up or take them apart. you always need two hands for that. problem solved with the new style.
    – location of the hole has been change to look the lboxx. look them individually or use a steel cable and lock them all.
    – New lboxx style has a little notch in the front behind the handle to slide in tool/name cards etc. I do believe that they become available from Bosch.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The new L-Boxxes are nice. I like the feature where you can open them with others stacked on top. Nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

The new L-Boxxes are nice. I like the feature where you can open them with others stacked on top. Nice.

That’s right Bill, number of lboxx’s on top and weight matters too to open a specific lboxx.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Hangman
    Pro

Saw these new L-Boxxes in Denmark over the holidays, they only were with the new 5 in 1 drill as a kit, disappointingly. Still I had no room in my bag after buying Mascot workwear and composite toe shoes.

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

I like the looks of them does anyone have an eta on them here in the states

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

apparently in the next few month. they might announce them at world of concrete.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Very nice, I would be interested in seeing how it works with opening the middle box, I mean how far do they tilt open, does that cover stop like the older l box? If so I can’t see someone holding the weight of say 3 boxes while trying to pull out another tool or accessories from the open box,

Also, just curious, does that new cover fit on the existing box, say for instance, converting your old box to that new tilt and one hand operating system?

I will take a look at the videos,

Will be nice to see them when they hit the market.

Looking forward to seeing how different the inserts are, I’m sure that they have made them to accommodate the new core 6.3 battery packs?

Doobie
    Pro

apparently in the next few month. they might announce them at world of concrete.

That soon eh? I was about to buy a few, but I think I’ll wait now.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Very nice, I would be interested in seeing how it works with opening the middle box, I mean how far do they tilt open, does that cover stop like the older l box? If so I can’t see someone holding the weight of say 3 boxes while trying to pull out another tool or accessories from the open box,

Also, just curious, does that new cover fit on the existing box, say for instance, converting your old box to that new tilt and one hand operating system?

I will take a look at the videos,

Will be nice to see them when they hit the market.

Looking forward to seeing how different the inserts are, I’m sure that they have made them to accommodate the new core 6.3 battery packs?

Yes Brian they stop at the same angle like the older style.
    It will be difficult to open the new lboxx 4.0 when you have 3 loaded lboxx’s on top of it.
    The current lboxx can be modified, but that requires some modifications on the boxx (cutting off a plastic piece)

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

If so I can’t see someone holding the weight of say 3 boxes while trying to pull out another tool or accessories from the open box,

Hopefully Bosch will have more info on the new L-Boxxes at WOC so we can really see them in action.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

If so I can’t see someone holding the weight of say 3 boxes while trying to pull out another tool or accessories from the open box,

Hopefully Bosch will have more info on the new L-Boxxes at WOC so we can really see them in action.

For sure Bill, I’m looking forward to seeing and hearing more about that show,
    Just to bad we don’t have to many places around here that even carrying those L boxes.
    Would be nice to even see them first-hand.

BlackHydra
    Pro

I’ll take a look at my local sortimo dealer and see what i can find out. If they have them i can take better indept photo’s or video.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.776 seconds