dcsimg

L-Boxx Inserts

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 155 total)
  • Author

Hong – so you have decided to buy one? What size did you get?

John S

This is the guy that has built his own Systainer with an MFT style top. He also has built a multi-function cart for use with track saws and it looks very useful. He has a lot of great designs.

Orange County, CA

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

John. I plan to buy the largest one and how about you ?

Hong – what are you going to store in it?

Orange County, CA

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I plan to store my power tools accessories and also my hand tools

Hong – you should know by now I have like 11 l-boxxes… haha…

John S

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

John. May I know which size you like the most ? And how many L-Boxx 4 do you have ?

That is not really a fair question. You just need to get the size that you need for whatever you want the l-boxx for. I wouldnt use an lboxx 4 for a single 12v or 18v drill… But I do put my vac accessories all in an lboxx 4 and have some clamps stored in an l-boxx 4… etc

John S

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I know I must get the size according to my needs.

But I have my reason, I choose L-Boxx because it is bigger and it is easy for me to build a wood organizer for my accessories. I want to build organiser like the video you posted.

douglas
    Pro

I usually end up throwing out the factory box that is supplied with power tools. They are too small for any added bits and they are designed so that it’s very difficult to to get the tool back in and close the lid. I found some nice boxes at the dollar store, they are 14x7x8 and have a sturdy handle and lift off top and they are see-thru and they stack. you can fit a multitool and all blades, etc, a drill motor, a small router, a 4″ grinder, just about any small power tool and plenty of room for accessories. thanks, douglas

Elburn IL

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Welcome to the forum Douglas!

Yes, Welcome Douglas. This is a very nice forum and I am a relative new-comer here too!

Orange County, CA

Douglas – welcome! I would love to see what your tool boxes look like! And I generally tend to agree that a lot of factory boxes are not worth keeping…

John S

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Welcome , Douglas. I would like to see how the box looks like

I am thinking this thread might be good to use for more specifics on the l-boxx tool inserts. Stumbled across another foreign site – very, very cool examples of this done very well:

http://forum.woodtools.ru/index.php?topic=33133.0;all

John S

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

Great link John S. Now to decide what size L-Boxx (3 or 4) would be best to replace a big tool bag and fab up an insert.

Bert

Great link John S. Now to decide what size L-Boxx (3 or 4) would be best to replace a big tool bag and fab up an insert.

I think an L3 would be just right if you didn’t want to add a drawer underneath your tools… but it seems like having a drawer for other odds and ends would be really nice, giving the L4 a bit of an advantage in my mind. Plus, you won’t have to strain as hard in figuring out your design to fit everything in an L4, saving some time

John S

Starting the great L-Boxx experiment. Got an LB1 with all the colored inserts for fasteners and the LB2 for my latest drill/driver. I wish I could get another molded insert for drivers so I could fit a drill/driver and an impact driver and a few charged batteries. I don’t always need to lug my charger around for light jobs, so I wish I had that option.

I prefer to just toss tools in my L-boxxes or standard tool boxes. With all the insert pieces, it adds more time to get the tool out and a lot more time to put it away properly. Doesn’t seem worth the aggravation to me.

yellaD
    Pro

My plan is to get foam inserts for my bench planes and measuring instruments, stuff that I don’t want to bang around. I figure most power tools can rub against each other w/ little problems inside the L-Boxxes. Obv, I’d try to match the size of tool to the size of Boxx as best as possible….:)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.737 seconds