dcsimg

L-Boxx Inserts

This topic contains 154 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  theamcguy 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 155 total)
  • Author

Hey all,

For those who have L-Boxxes, have you pretty much stuck with the original inserts?

Have you put in your own kaizen foam?

Have you just thrown your tools into the box?

I looked through Sortimo’s magazine and found a decent amount of inserts that might be nice… Things similar to what Festool’s systainers have…

John S

Also, does anyone know if Bosch is going to allow us to buy just the insert for specific tools, like an 18v drill or 18v circ saw, or even 12v tools… I know they now offer them packaged together, but it would be great to be able to just buy the insert…

John S

Also, is there a warranty for the l-boxxes? If so, are the inserts covered as part of that?

haha, sorry for all of the questions 🙂

John S

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i dont think they have a warrenty on the Lboxx’s john

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

woodman_412

Did your L-boxx come with an insert John?

Dan

danpattison.com

Yes – for my 3.0 oscillating tool… and I realized the insert was cracked before I got it… but the store was having a hard time finding me a replacement l-boxx since the one the tool originally came in was damaged from shipping… and I would rather be done and just have the tool than have to wait for them to ship something in again :\

John S

woodman_412

Did you ever get a new insert for it? That’s always disappointing when something gets damaged in shipping.

Dan

danpattison.com

The store is like 40 minutes away, so I do not go there often…. so no :\ BUT I am glad that my L-Boxx is at least in good shape, haha.

John S

woodman_412

Are they going to have a new insert for you next time you go there?

Dan

danpattison.com

I haven’t contacted them… but I probably should before its too late

John S

woodman_412

Yeah I would give them a call and get them to set one aside for you otherwise you may never get one. Since it shouldn’t have been damaged in the first place I would say that’s the least they could do for you.

Dan

danpattison.com

Same here John, cracked insert on the multi tool. I can’t complain for a free tool, but that was disappointing to see how quickly it broke.

I struggled today stacking the boxx’s again. Does anyone else have such a hard time with theirs? I just cannot get it to go smoothly into each other. I just want to take the box in my hand and stack it and lock, but it becomes such a delicate two handed operation.

That last part sounded weird.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

kent, i think its just the water in maine effecting you. no coordination 😛

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

woodman_412

It doesn’t sound like the inserts are very durable. Is the plastic that they are made out of fairly thin?

I guess if you are the only one that ends up having trouble stacking the boxes Kent then maybe Jeff is right… 🙂

Dan

danpattison.com

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

I only own 1 so the stacking is pretty easy. I would purchase if they were 30 bucks each but closer to 50 adds up quickly. I do not know many contractors that will shell out thousands of dollars for container storage. Any new tools I get will most likely be in the containers, however right now they are to pricey to justify total tool storage.

woodman_412

I’m with you Brian, I would love to have the system for all my tools but it’s just to much money to justify at this point making a complete switch. I’ll probably go for the l-boxx with new tools though along the way if they are available.

Dan

danpattison.com

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

I just came across the TSTAK from dewalt, similar to the other cases but half the price.

kzcarp
    Pro

Tools of the Trade magazine just did a write-up comparing the modular stacking tool containers.
    http://www.toolsofthetrade.net

I’m sorry, they call them modular tool organizers.
    Tool box is too simple.

kevin

Anonymous

I just throw em in the box LOL

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

Yeah I just read that article and then did some other research. They seem like they are a affordable storage system.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 155 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.709 seconds