dcsimg

L-Boxx 4 Storage and Organization

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 247 total)
  • Author

A L-rack is a great way to stoore pneumatic tools, but can a 16 gauge nailer fit inside?

@rovik – I should have been more specific… I use a l-boxx 3D, so the 16 gauge fits in the top compartment of that, and then I use drawers in the 3D plus an additional drawer (L-Rack-S)

I keep meaning to take a pic of my setup but I keep forgetting lol

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh yeah the L-Boxx 3D is perfect with that top compartment to store larger items.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

A L-rack is a great way to stoore pneumatic tools, but can a 16 gauge nailer fit inside?

I should have been more specific… I use a l-boxx 3D, so the 16 gauge fits in the top compartment of that, and then I use drawers in the 3D plus an additional drawer (L-Rack-S)

I keep meaning to take a pic of my setup but I keep forgetting lol

Ya the L-Rack-S might be to small for 16ga naier (from the height) in a iboxx72 or so. the deep drawer might work but then the nailer will be exposed.
    Let’s see a picture of your setup John @supimeister 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Let’s see a picture of your setup John @supimeister

lol I think I had a pic of it here a long time ago… next time I get a session in the shop I will try to remember 🙂

John S

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Let’s see a picture of your setup John supimeister

lol I think I had a pic of it here a long time ago… next time I get a session in the shop I will try to remember

no worries at all – whenever you get a chance and don’t forget to tag me 😛
    Or I might don’t see it…I try to keep my eyes on many threads but sometimes I miss a few things haha

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Let’s see a picture of your setup John supimeister

lol I think I had a pic of it here a long time ago… next time I get a session in the shop I will try to remember

no worries at all – whenever you get a chance and don’t forget to tag me 😛
    Or I might don’t see it…I try to keep my eyes on many threads but sometimes I miss a few things haha

@madman_us

See attached. Need to use my label maker for the 3d and drawers, but that is lower on the priority list at the moment

John S

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

See attached. Need to use my label maker for the 3d and drawers, but that is lower on the priority list at the moment

looks great – you got only one nailer in there? maybe post the content in the lboxx3 thread…fits better in there 😀
    I have all my guns still in the hard mold cases but I want to move them all into L2’s

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

@RoviK man you always have nice and neat set ups.

Even the L boxes are perfectly lined up. Definitely makes it easy to find what you are looking for.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I am thinking of getting one of these or the L-BOXX 3. Both are good from what I have seen.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I am thinking of getting one of these or the L-BOXX 3. Both are good from what I have seen.

The boxx John, supimeister used for his nail gun and accessories is the LBOXX 3D. Its great for those set ups or for multitool plus blades drawer

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

looks great – you got only one nailer in there? maybe post the content in the lboxx3 thread…fits better in there 😀
    I have all my guns still in the hard mold cases but I want to move them all into L2’s

Ah, doh. I was replying to the comment in this thread but wasn’t thinking… oh well.

The 16 gauge fits nicely in the top of that 3D whereas the 18 gauge fits in an i-boxx72 and the 23 gauge +stapler fits in an i-boxx53

John S

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Ah, doh. I was replying to the comment in this thread but wasn’t thinking… oh well.

The 16 gauge fits nicely in the top of that 3D whereas the 18 gauge fits in an i-boxx72 and the 23 gauge +stapler fits in an i-boxx53

No worries…it’s not too much off haha. But it’s a great way to store them. I still have to add a bunch of lboxx’s to my assortment. I just dislike that most tools came bare but now it will be standard.

What do you use @supimeister for the inside of the lboxx’s? I get most of my inserts from Germany because they are not available here in NA

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

No worries…it’s not too much off haha. But it’s a great way to store them. I still have to add a bunch of lboxx’s to my assortment. I just dislike that most tools came bare but now it will be standard.

What do you use @supimeister for the inside of the lboxx’s? I get most of my inserts from Germany because they are not available here in NA

About two weeks ago I switched my guns over to the Rigid boxes, like the L for other things but not as easy for me to transport

I keep many of the original bosch inserts that came with the tools. I am also able to cram the festool inserts into l-boxxes for the most part. Otherwise, I resort to kaizen foam.

My time in my shop is quite limited, but this summer when work slows down I hope to do a shop purge/re-org to get things back under control. I am in desperate need of not merely having l-boxxes, but having them easily accessible (i.e. via drawers). I also need to pare down some of the tools I do not use frequently enough to justify owning so as to allow me to simply have more space and spend less time fiddling around trying to find x, y, z.

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am in desperate need of not merely having l-boxxes, but having them easily accessible (i.e. via drawers).

I hear you John. Once you get a few boxes it seems whatever you need is on the bottom. Lots of plans out there to build a cabinet with slide out drawers to store the L-Boxxes on.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am in desperate need of not merely having l-boxxes, but having them easily accessible (i.e. via drawers).

I hear you John. Once you get a few boxes it seems whatever you need is on the bottom. Lots of plans out there to build a cabinet with slide out drawers to store the L-Boxxes on.

Yeah… I am just stuck with the tension of not being able to really settle down and have limited time in my shop… so I prefer a solution that will be very 1) moveable and 2) quickly assembled… thus my willingness to pay more for 80/20 than to make something out of ply. I hope to get some work put in on my four 80/20 l-boxx sysport cabinets this weekend, but I also realized that my existing 80/20 miter saw cart +80/20 mft/3 cart could be upgraded with adding ply tops (to block dust from getting over everything) and by adding shelves with drawer glides for 1000x easier access to the boxxes. This, and eventually I will switch from l-racks to a mechanics tool chest for a good bit of my hand tools / power tools… assuming I either move somewhere new or get settled enough where I am to justify bringing 300+ lbs of metal into my basement shop

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I hope to get some work put in on my four 80/20 l-boxx sysport cabinets this weekend,

Post up some pics of the finished project, interested to see how it turns out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yeah… I am just stuck with the tension of not being able to really settle down and have limited time in my shop… so I prefer a solution that will be very 1) moveable and 2) quickly assembled… thus my willingness to pay more for 80/20 than to make something out of ply. I hope to get some work put in on my four 80/20 l-boxx sysport cabinets this weekend, but I also realized that my existing 80/20 miter saw cart +80/20 mft/3 cart could be upgraded with adding ply tops (to block dust from getting over everything) and by adding shelves with drawer glides for 1000x easier access to the boxxes. This, and eventually I will switch from l-racks to a mechanics tool chest for a good bit of my hand tools / power tools… assuming I either move somewhere new or get settled enough where I am to justify bringing 300+ lbs of metal into my basement shop

I would love to see not just the end result, but the how-to

I have had a plywood system on my to-do list for a long time, and never considered 80/20. Its making me wonder,….

Still more likely to use shop grade ply and something simple like pocket screws for fast assembly – it is just a shop shelf at the end of the day

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I hope to get some work put in on my four 80/20 l-boxx sysport cabinets this weekend,

Post up some pics of the finished project, interested to see how it turns out.

Yes, I’d be very interested in seeing the final product and how you put it all together.
    I have considered Aluminum Extrusions for various projects in the garage.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Would this box be good for a circular saw with a 6 1/2 in blade on it? Maybe the LBOXX 3 would be better?

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 247 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.727 seconds