dcsimg

L-Boxx 4 Storage and Organization

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 247 total)
  • Author
    RyanF
    Pro

I don’t understand why they don’t make an LB-5 sized unit. Tanos/Systainer does, why not one for the L-Boxx line? They all come from the same company.

They’re not from the same company. The Sys5 is taller, but the L4 has more volume.

I just found out recently that both Sortimo and Tanos are owned by the parent company that owns Festool also. ToolGuyD had this info in an article a week or two ago.

Sortimo pays a license fee to TTS. I think thats the extent of any relationship. Two separate companies and manufacturers.

I guess the idea of an empty plastic box that stacks on top of one another was innovative enough that Sortimo had to pay up, bc otherwise they have nothing in common.

Doobie

I don’t understand why they don’t make an LB-5 sized unit. Tanos/Systainer does, why not one for the L-Boxx line? They all come from the same company.

They’re not from the same company. The Sys5 is taller, but the L4 has more volume.

I just found out recently that both Sortimo and Tanos are owned by the parent company that owns Festool also. ToolGuyD had this info in an article a week or two ago.

Sortimo pays a license fee to TTS. I think thats the extent of any relationship. Two separate companies and manufacturers.

I guess the idea of an empty plastic box that stacks on top of one another was innovative enough that Sortimo had to pay up, bc otherwise they have nothing in common.

Then ToolGuyD is wrong I suppose in what they write in this article.

http://toolguyd.com/sawstop-to-be-acquired-by-festool-parent-company/

Hey, maybe they are. I haven’t found anything to corroborate it, nor have I found anything to refute it either.

RyanF
    Pro

Hey, maybe they are. I haven’t found anything to corroborate it, nor have I found anything to refute it either.

Thanks for the link. I just read through it. I dont think it’s wrong. Unless I missed something, it’s saying the same thing i did.

Doobie

Thanks for the link. I just read through it. I dont think it’s wrong. Unless I missed something, it’s saying the same thing i did.

You may be right. In re-reading it again, it says that they pay a license fee to TTS. It doesn’t necessarily say that Sortimo is owned by anybody, if any. It’s poorly worded imo.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I guess the idea of an empty plastic box that stacks on top of one another was innovative enough that Sortimo had to pay up,

Wow that sure is a valuable patent. I wonder if Milwaukee, DeWalt etc have to pay a license fee as well?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

Festool has one larger size in their systainers right? For what type of tool is it designed for?

Both my Domino XL and my TS75 track saw come in them.

OLD THREAD WARNING.

I recently got my first LB4 which was intended for my half sheet sander and its imported foam molded insert. As anticipated, I knew the insert designed for an LB3 would not fit to the bottom of an LB4 due to the tapered inward walls becoming narrower the bigger size an LB is. So what I did in this case rather than try to shave the walls of the insert was simply place my rolls of Abranet in the bottom rather than on top. Once that somewhat heavy sander is removed, the insert itself is easy to pull out to get at the rolls in the bottom. Works for me and keeps all that stuff in one location which was my primary objective in getting the LB4.

That’s a great way to stay organized and not loss tile trying to find what you need .

Always willing to learn .

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Here is my open top lboxx 4 for the trowels

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Oh man that open tool box is hot . That’s a great way to carry your tile , cement trowels around on the site .

Oh man that open tool box is hot . That’s a great way to carry your tile , cement trowels around on the site .

Yeah I’ll say that same thing, great set up. And easily visible to see if anything if missing. Nice job Ibrahim.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

perfect l-boxx for all your trowels. easy stackable with all your other l-boxx when you go and leave the job.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@boschmanbrian yes it’s visible so I know what is in there @madman_us also protects the trowels from getting bend

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i like them, i’ve been looking for them since i’ve heard that they sell em.

Hi @Masterbosch where did you buy that style of L-boxx . Do they sell that in the states .

BrianT
    Pro

I bought the open one recently on their web store:
    http://www.sortimo-shop.us/category-s/126.htm

Did you see it somewhere else in the States?

Professional Tool user

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@skillman I got it from Germany. Top part clicks in . Or go ally there were lboxx3 open top but I switched it with lboxx4.

@skillman I got it from Germany. Top part clicks in . Or go ally there were lboxx3 open top but I switched it with lboxx4.

How much did it cost to ship it here from Germany .

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I got it from Germany. Top part clicks in . Or go ally there were lboxx3 open top but I switched it with lboxx4.

the LT-BOXX sure comes in handy. I see you found great use for them. are they easy to take a part?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yah i am curious how much was it and how much was shipping, you’d think they would have this in north america since so many of us like it.

yah i am curious how much was it and how much was shipping, you’d think they would have this in north america since so many of us like it.

Sometimes I think the only people who even know Lboxxes exist in NA are all on BTP. The Lboxx is a great thing, but the word never got out – I think Bosch just decided there was no market and never bothered to test out that theory

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 247 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.559 seconds