dcsimg

L-Boxx 4 Storage and Organization

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 247 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Would this box be good for a circular saw with a 6 1/2 in blade on it? Maybe the LBOXX 3 would be better?

any specific type/model of circular saw? @hojo04
    For instance, the 18V Bosch CCS180 fits with an insert into a lboxx3

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Would this box be good for a circular saw with a 6 1/2 in blade on it? Maybe the LBOXX 3 would be better?

18V cordless Ryobi. I just was a nice case to store and carry it in.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

18V cordless Ryobi. I just was a nice case to store and carry it in.

I am not quite familiar with this saw but the lboxx3 should be ok for it. the lboxx2 is definitely too small.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I’m gonna have to take some measurements and see which would be best for it.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

My 7.25″ Milwaukee saw fits in an lboxx 3 just fine. I would the most if not all 6.5″ saws would fit.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Love the Bosch Sortimo boxx’s I have now. If I could only get to the next step and build some shelving for a few of them.

A Working Pro since 2004

I would love to see not just the end result, but the how-to

I have had a plywood system on my to-do list for a long time, and never considered 80/20. Its making me wonder,….

Still more likely to use shop grade ply and something simple like pocket screws for fast assembly – it is just a shop shelf at the end of the day

80/20 is super simple to work with… as long as you can find used extrusion, you can get it for a steal. The different connectors can be pricey, but again, if you can find them used, it is not bad at all. There are 2 different eBay dealers that I have used and liked, but I preferred a local place back when I lived in MN.

I agree it is just a shop shelf, but the ability to reconfigure them and to disassemble and transport them for moving my shop in the future is super nice. I may have some time this weekend to get the frames assembled, and if I do, I will start a new thread

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

There are 2 different eBay dealers that I have used and liked,

I had no idea the stuff was on eBay, I’ll have to do a search. 80/20 is great bt no used dealers near me.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

My 6½” saw stays in a L-Boxx=

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Yes – Mine originally came in an L-boxx 3 @hojo04

John S

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Yes – Mine originally came in an L-boxx 3

the CCS180 is available as a bare tool and it is (well now was) available as an lboxx kit. But bosch will change that soon.
    But he has a ryobi and it will pretty much fit in there.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

But he has a ryobi and it will pretty much fit in there.

That Ryobi is a good little saw, the ones I’ve used have a laser on them. Money maker for sure!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

OLD THREAD WARNING.

I recently got my first LB4 which was intended for my half sheet sander and its imported foam molded insert. As anticipated, I knew the insert designed for an LB3 would not fit to the bottom of an LB4 due to the tapered inward walls becoming narrower the bigger size an LB is. So what I did in this case rather than try to shave the walls of the insert was simply place my rolls of Abranet in the bottom rather than on top. Once that somewhat heavy sander is removed, the insert itself is easy to pull out to get at the rolls in the bottom. Works for me and keeps all that stuff in one location which was my primary objective in getting the LB4.

Doobie

I recently got my first LB4 ……….Works for me and keeps all that stuff in one location which was my primary objective in getting the LB4.

The other thing I was able to ascertain with finally having an LB4, was whether it could accomadate my recently acquired 10in wet wheel grinder/sharpener (Tormek knock-off). It did, so i ordered two more although at the time, I had no clue what I was going to use the second one for, but that didn’t take long to figure out. It will end up storing my electrical tote when not in use or for when I need to haul it around. Both these items without having a box are space hogs and are not items I use everyday, so having them in boxes makes perfect sense for me.

The setup for the Tormek needed some careful consideration as it has a plastic side mounted water tray and the grinder itself is quite heavy. Any jostling around inside the LB and that tray is sure to break so I built a wood frame for the bottom on the LB that will keep the grinder centered and I also cut some foam to rest the top of the unit in place from tipping also.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

OLD THREAD WARNING.

I recently got my first LB4 which was intended for my half sheet sander and its imported foam molded insert. As anticipated, I knew the insert designed for an LB3 would not fit to the bottom of an LB4 due to the tapered inward walls becoming narrower the bigger size an LB is. So what I did in this case rather than try to shave the walls of the insert was simply place my rolls of Abranet in the bottom rather than on top. Once that somewhat heavy sander is removed, the insert itself is easy to pull out to get at the rolls in the bottom. Works for me and keeps all that stuff in one location which was my primary objective in getting the LB4.

Very smart idea doobie with placing the rolls in the bottom of the L-BOXX4

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The other thing I was able to ascertain with finally having an LB4, was whether it could accomadate my recently acquired 10in wet wheel grinder/sharpener (Tormek knock-off). It did,

Great idea Kevin. Those LB4s will swallow up a bunch of stuff.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

I don’t understand why they don’t make an LB-5 sized unit. Tanos/Systainer does, why not one for the L-Boxx line? They all come from the same company.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I don’t understand why they don’t make an LB-5 sized unit. Tanos/Systainer does, why not one for the L-Boxx line? They all come from the same company.

Festool has one larger size in their systainers right? For what type of tool is it designed for?

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

RyanF
    Pro

They’re not from the same company. The Sys5 is taller, but the L4 has more volume.

Doobie

They’re not from the same company. The Sys5 is taller, but the L4 has more volume.

I just found out recently that both Sortimo and Tanos are owned by the parent company that owns Festool also. ToolGuyD had this info in an article a week or two ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 247 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.643 seconds