dcsimg

L-Boxx 4

This topic contains 55 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 56 total)
  • Author

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Saw this while looking around the intarweb. Guy built it using scrap wood and a couple of drawers he had lying around his shop. Pretty sweet deal. He cut out an L-Boxx 4, carefully do do it. I would post the link to the forum, but it’s all in German.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

interesting idea, but you would never get me to cut out my l-boxx 4.. i think all he did was make a home made version of the 3d

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

That is my initial thought as well, but it is definitely well done. What is the link that you found this at? There would be some benefit to the L4 since the drawers could be custom sized / slightly larger… and you could use whatever sort of drawer glides that you preferred rather than the non-existent ones on the 3D (which stay ‘in’ via a bump essentially). And not to mention DIY hacks can always be a fun project to tackle as well 🙂

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Here is the link:

JohnS, give it a shot and let us know how it works for you.

The link didn’t quite work for me, though it took me to a forum in German:
    http://www.bosch-pt.de/professional/community/board/15/topic/1102/4/Umbau+4er+L-Boxx+mit+Schubladen.html

And I will put this l-boxx 4 project rather low on the to-do list priority wise, but I will chew on it 🙂

edit – anyone else can feel free to give it a shot for us 🙂

John S

woodman_412

He did a good job of it but I’m with you guys, I wouldn’t be cutting into it. I think I would make a series of lift out trays before I would do that, which wouldn’t be as easy to access but wouldn’t require the same mods. I just ordered a l-boxx 4 today so I’m looking forward to trying it out.

Dan

danpattison.com

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I would post the link to the forum, but it’s all in German.

That is why this was in the first post, but you asked.

No, I understood it was all in german…. but I didn’t see the pictures in the forum you linked to :\ oh well… Thanks for the link! I am just being a dummy I am sure haha

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

No, I understood it was all in german…. but I didn’t see the pictures in the forum you linked to :\ oh well… Thanks for the link! I am just being a dummy I am sure haha

Sorry for the confusion. If you go to the German Link, in the second post (First post has the pictures sideways), there is a blue link: “Zur Galerie” Click on that and the pictures will pop up.

Sorry for the confusion. If you go to the German Link, in the second post (First post has the pictures sideways), there is a blue link: “Zur Galerie” Click on that and the pictures will pop up.

ahhh, thank you! Even non-german speakers and readers can understand that. haha! Sorry I missed it 🙂

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

No worries, we’ll get there one way or another.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Hmm, I wonder if he has a good way to seal all of those drawers closed? I think it’s a pretty well done mod, especially since it was probably before the 3d.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Now from what I read. Just just was very careful when he cut the box so the gap is small. I also think the worked it out so that the gap for the drawers is minimal.

Now from what I read. Just just was very careful when he cut the box so the gap is small. I also think the worked it out so that the gap for the drawers is minimal.

And I can’t quite tell from the pictures – but did he put the drawers on glides? I would assume he did, otherwise, how else would he keep everything from falling out?

John S

Anonymous

What a well done mod, I think I see drawer glides in there, I’m into doing this sort of thing but I don’t think I will be doing this one. Although it’s cool

Anonymous

ahhh, thank you! Even non-german speakers and readers can understand that. haha! Sorry I missed it

I was able to easily translate it with google chrome, A tool bar popped up across the top asking so I did.

Also I figured out how he did it and it’s kinda easy, He simply built a box complete with drawers that slides down into the L4, then cut the front of the box to match the drawer faces. Look close at the pics and you can see it. Ya gotta hand it to those Germans for their ingenuity

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I think one of the pages even has a CAD drawing of the inside setup. I’ll see if I can dig it up later.

Anonymous

I also learned something new today on the L-boxes,

DO NOT carry one by the side handles with the lid open. It will slam down on your thumbs without notice. Yeppers, It got both of them 🙁

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I also learned something new today on the L-boxes,

DO NOT carry one by the side handles with the lid open. It will slam down on your thumbs without notice. Yeppers, It got both of them :(

I’m so sorry for your pain, and troubles. It hurts me to know things like this happens to honest and hard working folks. I’ll start a petition so that Bosch revamps their L-Boxx paperwork, and presents a clear and concise warning to future L-Boxx owners.

BUT SERIOUSLY, I think I just dribbled in my shorts from laughing so hard. Sorry Boyd.

Attachments:

Anonymous

No problem LOL. What sucked was I saw it starting to come down but couldn’t do anything about it as I had both hands on each side and couldn’t let go Hahahah. I didn’t even think to move my thumbs, It can only happen on an L2 or smaller. I think we need to have a DA award thread too 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.937 seconds