dcsimg

L-Boxx 3D Storage and Organization

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • Author

Nice job on the 3D’s guys

The 3Ds are great for mixing up storage options all in one box. It is a versatile box that can be used in any number of ways. Drill/drivers in the box, fasteners down below in the I-boxxes.

I’m going for have to get myself some, looks like they are a practical solutions for carrying around drill / driver, impact and hardware, plus some hand tools all in one box.

woodman_412

The problem I’ve been having lately cashing in for l-boxxes is that tools are just so much more fun to get. I am tempted to get a 3d with some i-boxxes though and maybe set up a trim work boxx.

Dan

danpattison.com

Rovik
    Pro

Look what i found on youtube:

Norway

woodman_412

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/uJcLAlD05yI?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; allowfullscreen=”” frameborder=”0″ height=”433″ width=”770″></iframe></figure>

Wow that is very impressive. I never would have thought of using a router for the foam. I really like the setup with the 3d and the multi layers of foam in the top and then each drawer outfitted. Very slick.

Dan

danpattison.com

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/uJcLAlD05yI?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” allowfullscreen=”” frameborder=”0″ height=”433″ width=”770″></iframe></figure>

Wow that is very impressive. I never would have thought of using a router for the foam. I really like the setup with the 3d and the multi layers of foam in the top and then each drawer outfitted. Very slick.

seems so simple and obvious now that I seen it

woodman_412

I thought it was interesting too that he used a little torch to smooth the cut edge of the foam. Looks like it works well as long as you don’t over do it with the heat.

I think his layouts are super organized but I don’t think they are as space efficient. I think you could get more tools into that volume of l-boxx if you sacrificed a little bit more on organization and a neat layout. It just seems like there would be a lot of foam space left in there. Super tidy though and very well done.

Dan

danpattison.com

yellaD
    Pro

Yes the idea is simple and universal (cutting foam), his fit and finish is really nice. I agree with Dan, he sacrificed efficient spacing for cleanliness.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Wow, he goes all out and does a really professional job! Great find. I’ve been holding off for a year on using the foam inserts. Maybe one day…

A Working Pro since 2004

Yeah that’s amazing, wish I could be that organized. , never thought about the router either,

The only problem I see is if he decided to add a couple of different tools,
    But I guess he could just make another layout
    Great find @Rovik

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Very organized, never would have thought of using a router also. Helps using a high density foam and the trick of burning the edges to smooth them out is slick.

Nice find @Rovik

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

woodman_412

Does anyone know what brand or from what source the foam he is using is? I’d be curious to know if it is a denser foam and maybe that’s why the router works well on it. I have some scraps of the stuff I’ve been using from Lee Valley, I’ll have to try my new Colt on it when it comes and see how well it routs. I think the Colt plunge would be perfect for doing that.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Interesting using the router to cut the foam. Very nicely done.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Dan,
    Googled the name on this video

and came across a few sites, just need to translate to English.

http://www.dimer.com/de/materialien/vernetzter-pe-schaum/vernetzter-pe-schaum.php?WSESSIONID=dbbd1307f81a3112634637bae45c9daf

— Glenn Botting

woodman_412

Dan,

Thanks Frank, great find. Looks like there are different densities of foam in the pic on their site. The less dense stuff looks more like what I’ve used and the other looks quite dense. That may be why the router works so nicely for this guy. I’m going to try my foam to be sure but I’m thinking it might tear a bit more where it is fairly soft. We need a resident translator here at BTP.

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

thats pretty sweet! I always assumed you’d need something like and xcarve or some other cnc to be able to cut foam for tools.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

That is neat looking. I can absolutely see using it for diagnostic tools and precision ones. For me sorting the pliers or wrenches not so much, mainly because most of them would not end up back in their slot.

I like it and its clean for sure.

Dan,

Thanks Frank, great find. Looks like there are different densities of foam in the pic on their site. The less dense stuff looks more like what I’ve used and the other looks quite dense. That may be why the router works so nicely for this guy. I’m going to try my foam to be sure but I’m thinking it might tear a bit more where it is fairly soft. We need a resident translator here at BTP.

Let me know how your test goes. I might want to try too. Would be nice to have miltiple trays in a single boxx – might even replace the metal rolling toolbox with l-boxx stacks

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/uJcLAlD05yI?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>
    <figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/A9blsUb-3vc?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

thats a awesome idea. takes quite long but it looks clean and professional 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Dan,

Dan or anybody else, when you/someone needs help with the language/translation. let me know! born and raised in germany

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Dan,

Dan or anybody else, when you/someone needs help with the language/translation. let me know! born and raised in germany

Thank You Alex..

Because you know, all the good info on Bosch tools and accessories is in German. LOL

— Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.431 seconds