dcsimg

L-Boxx 3

This topic contains 83 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 84 total)
  • Author

I mentioned this on a different thread, but what do you guys store in the L-Boxx 3? Seems like this size does not get a lot of discussion. We saw all the wonderful things Dan and others have used with a 4, the 2 and 1 and especially the 1A get discussed often, but what about the 3? I am thinking a router or something would fit it well. Other thoughts?

Orange County, CA

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

A router would fit well for sure. I’m using one for my circular saw and have room to spare. I might grab another for my plunge router and build a bit organizer.

Yeah Scot the L-3 is a bit trickier. But you are spot on in terms of fitting a router and circular saw in there. I would love to hear more thoughts on what people store in theirs though… I also threw a hodge podge of stuff in mine that I am blanking on right now

John S

I’ve had an idea that involves mounting a C14 receptacle in the back of the l-boxx3 and connecting a power strip to the receptacle inside the box. Could make a nice setup to keep chargers/batteries out if the elements while charging.

Tom — that sounds like a great idea…you could add a grommet for the cord on the strip to keep everything drier inside. Very cool thought.

Orange County, CA

Could make a nice setup to keep chargers/batteries out if the elements while charging.

That is a really interesting idea Tom! Is the L-2 big enough to mount the batteries on their chargers or would you have to go all the way up to an L-3??
    Also, could there be a potential risk/issue of heat buildup that the chargers put out?

John S

Could make a nice setup to keep chargers/batteries out if the elements while charging.

That is a really interesting idea Tom! Is the L-2 big enough to mount the batteries on their chargers or would you have to go all the way up to an L-3??<br>
    Also, could there be a potential risk/issue of heat buildup that the chargers put out?

I’ve set my bosch 12 charger with battery into the top of my 3D and it wouldn’t close all the way. I think an LB3 would be the minimum to close the lid and still be able to charge the batteries.

I’ve thought about the possibly of the chargers overheating as well. I’m sure there would be some heat build-up, but would it be enough to make the charger shut off? Unless you’re charging multiple batteries at once, I wouldn’t see an issue. On a cold day, you would be ok. Maybe keep the lid propped open on a warm day.

woodman_412

I use my 3 to carry my track saw or my cordless circ saw depending on what I need to take with me. At the moment I just fit things into it loose but I have some plans to make some wooden inserts that will be interchangeable depending on which tool I need to take.

I’m also planning on ordering another 3 once I get the points to switch over everything from my current Rubbermaid toolbox. I keep a variety of supplies in the tool box such as adhesives, caulking, tape, shims etc. I have some ideas to make some custom dividers to make it very efficient and well organized inside.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i just recieved the lboxx 3 on friday, i now store my makita cordless kit in it which consists of 18v lxt impact, lxt hammer drill/ driver, cordless circ saw, charger, 3- 3.0 amp batteries

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

woodman_412

Jeff, do you find that things move around much inside the l-boxx with everything stored loose or do they stay put for the most part?

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

umm it depends on which one.. the lboxx 2 with my milwaukee drills are kind of loose, the lboxx 4 is filled with mostly bigger stuff so it doesnt move around too much. the trim routers dont move too much either. im not sure about the lboxx 3 with my makita cordless gear as i just recieved it

adhesives, caulking, tape, shims etc

I was wondering if an L-3 would be big enough for adhesives and caulking tubes…. Do standard tubes fit vertically in an L-3?

And Tom – you are probably right – opening the lid would probably be sufficient apart from being in direct heat on a pretty hot day in the summer…

John S

woodman_412

John, no caulking tubes won’t fit vertically in an L3 but they will in an L4. I was thinking about going with a 4 as a replacement for my tool box but I’m thinking it might be a little big. The tubes will lay down no problem in a 3 so I’ll probably go that route with some dividers.

Dan

danpattison.com

John, no caulking tubes wonโ€™t fit vertically in an L3 but they will in an L4. I was thinking about going with a 4 as a replacement for my tool box but Iโ€™m thinking it might be a little big. The tubes will lay down no problem in a 3 so Iโ€™ll probably go that route with some dividers.

That works fine then. I was going to say the L-3 wouldn’t be worth it if the tubes were only laying at an angle and not all the way flat. Though I love having my clamps in my L4 at at angle – pretty sweet to have the smaller ones all together…

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I could lay caulk tubes in my 1 & 2’s, and did so to see the fit. They will lay in there nicely, but it’s digging to find the one that you need that didn’t make it worth it. It seemed like a waste of space to me. They fit in the case parallel to the short edge.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

not a bad idea for storing caulking.. a few local hardwood stair installers here have shop made caulking tube boxes for carrying construction adhesive.. an average set of stairs takes about 7-8 tubes of adhesive…

And of course, we can refer back to the idea of insulating the L-4 with foam, but I am derailing the L-3 topic :\ At least it is on l-boxxes still ๐Ÿ™‚

What about using the L-3 for a cooler of sorts? We have talked about that elsewhere… that is the best size for one probably…? Any other ideas?

John S

I like the cooler idea, John! That would be great. I also thought this would be a great size for storing a pile of dog toys in. I was thinking a couple of L-Boxx 4 would be great for Christmas lights and whatnot too, although that seems to be getting to the extreme of L-Boxx usage!

Orange County, CA

I also hear L-3s make really great suitcases and can function really great as dressers for storing jeans in one’s bedroom ๐Ÿ˜›

John S

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

john.. i dont want to ask how you know that……. you must be up to what.. 53 lboxxes now

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.984 seconds