dcsimg

L-Boxx 3 Storage and Organization

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 294 total)
  • Author
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

here’s my L3 power box. It was a redemption from BTP and it was missing the side handle. It was used for all my drop testing etc. GFIC protected. Not OSHA approved.

Nuetrik power block for power in and out. GFI plug that feeds the rest

IMG_2727 by Brad Taylor[/url], on Flickr

USB on the plug

IMG_2726 by Brad Taylor[/url], on Flickr

one more on the other side for good measure.

IMG_2728 by Brad Taylor[/url], on Flickr

and an inside view

IMG_2729 by Brad Taylor[/url], on Flickr

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

here’s my L3 power box. It was a redemption from BTP and it was missing the side handle. It was used for all my drop testing etc. GFIC protected. Not OSHA approved.

Hey, I like it… wireless plugs. LOL is the wire hidden? or not fully completed yet?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Ya, just not completed in that photo. It’s on the bottom of my stack and it’s cold out and I didn’t want to go get a new picture. But it is fully functional.

It was just to give you the idea. The nuetrik is also housed with a box as well. 12.2 wiring on the inside. It’s a great addition in the shop and on the jobsite. Bosch should really make one with a radio integrated into it. Actually use an L4 and make it like the PB360

Brad T

yellaD
    Pro

I’m really impressed with people’s ideas on mods. There are things on here I’ve never seen nor would have thought of. So a BIG THANKS for sharing.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

here’s my L3 power box. It was a redemption from BTP and it was missing the side handle. It was used for all my drop testing etc. GFIC protected.

Brad really like how that came out. Nice that you added a USB also.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

That does look good. May not be osha approved, but what is these days??

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

USB on the plug

and an inside view

great idea and very ingenious from you brad.
    integrated radio would be cool.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Thanks guys,

I really contemplated getting a radio in there but in the end the PB360 is just too good of a radio. I think that Bosch has a HUGE opportunity to design a new PB radio around an L4

Brad T

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Thanks guys,

I really contemplated getting a radio in there but in the end the PB360 is just too good of a radio. I think that Bosch has a HUGE opportunity to design a new PB radio around an L4

now thats thinking, or at least latches on the bottom to stack with the lboxes

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I think that Bosch has a HUGE opportunity to design a new PB radio around an L4

I would hope they do. It would allow you to stack it or put in on an L-dolley.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I think that Bosch has a HUGE opportunity to design a new PB radio around an L4

I would hope they do. It would allow you to stack it or put in on an L-dolley.

I think they could design the cage so that it would be compatible with the L-Boxxes.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

wow that electrical power box is amazing, you should send the design to bosch and see if they can produce it for everyone else. Now does it store electricity too? it would be awesome if it was like a portable power box.

yellaD
    Pro

wow that electrical power box is amazing, you should send the design to bosch and see if they can produce it for everyone else. Now does it store electricity too? it would be awesome if it was like a portable power box.

I like that idea. Or maybe Bosch could sponsor an event where people send in (pics) their mods and the best one gets produced. That would be good PR!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That and the compressor in the L-Boxx are two items Bosch should do.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

I tried putting my Bosch RS428 in an L3 today and it fit great. I don’t have a dedicated L3 for it yet but I’m going to order one soon. This L3 was from my sander just to see how it worked. I’m thinking about making a tray of some kind as well to store blades and make use of the space on each side of the saw. I’m trying to figure out what tools would be best to store along with the recip saw and would be most likely to be used together.

Dan

danpattison.com

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

will be getting my first L3 tomorrow but it will be coming with a tool and insert so i dont need to decide what to put in it. However if will give me a box to play with to see what will and will not fit. Then ill know how many L3s to get

That and the compressor in the L-Boxx are two items Bosch should do.

Both great ideas. the compressor could pass for something that came from the factory.

USB on the plug

and an inside view

@thedude306
    , Just wondering what you use to attach them and if you had to do it over, would you keep the same locations for them in the boxx. Thanks Brad. Love following your projects.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

@Siberian

I originally just had them held in place with screws in each corner. The Carlon boxes I got have attachment points in each corner. The problem was the L-boxx plastic is it’s pretty flimsy and it puckered the sides.

I ended up silconing and screwing the boxes in place and it works great.

My only complaint is that like all L-boxxes you have to unstack the box to get the stuff inside. I keep extension cords and some Neutrik adapters in there and I always seem to be unstacking to get to this box.

As far as the plug placement, I am happy with it. I would still like to get a radio in this box with external speakers and not store anything in it.

Brad T

I tried putting my Bosch RS428 in an L3 today and it fit great. I don’t have a dedicated L3 for it yet but I’m going to order one soon. This L3 was from my sander just to see how it worked. I’m thinking about making a tray of some kind as well to store blades and make use of the space on each side of the saw. I’m trying to figure out what tools would be best to store along with the recip saw and would be most likely to be used together.

That’s a good idea Dan, at least now you know it will fit, what will you make the tray out of,

@crotalusco
    congrats, which tool you getting, the recip saw??

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 294 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.494 seconds