dcsimg

L-Boxx 3 Storage and Organization

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 294 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Congrats on your lboxx4s Doobie. I have a question as I only have 1 lboxx3. The little white clips on the bottom… What are they for?

The white clips on the bottom of the L-Boxx are used during shipping and prevent the box from latching with another L-Boxx when stacked. I remove the clips on my boxes and throw them away.

Mine go straight into the trash bin as well. No need for them.

I put my finecut saw and planer in the lboxx 3

Looks great ebrahem. I have to fill my new lboxx3’s as well, but I need some inserts first from Germany

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Thank you for the info. I wasn’t sure what to do with the clips.
    I like the box but I still think they are way over priced.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

But there’s a new L-Boxx being introduced in Europe which ‘I think’ Jim had also said is coming to NA at some point whereby unlike the current L-Boxx where you have to unclasp both side bottom latches concurrently

That would be a welcome upgrade for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

Thank you for the info. I wasn’t sure what to do with the clips.
    I like the box but I still think they are way over priced.

All these tool storage system boxes are pricey, but look around, unlike Festool stuff you can find deals on them sometimes from other brands like the L-Boxxes.

Nice, good idea Ibrahim,
    How often do you use the fine cut saw, and what type of job do you use it on. I have seen some people using it for cutting the bottom of door jambs when installing new flooring

Nice, good idea Ibrahim,
    How often do you use the fine cut saw, and what type of job do you use it on. I have seen some people using it for cutting the bottom of door jambs when installing new flooring

Oh the fabulous Finecut saw. One of those tools I have yet to get my hands on. They are awesome when you need one, like doing a job in seconds that could take you 30 minutes. I always borrow when I need one which isn’t much. I just can’t justify buying one at the moment. One of these days….

Dadgineer
    Project Leader - Bosch Power Tools North America

Nice, good idea Ibrahim,

Oh the fabulous Finecut saw. One of those tools I have yet to get my hands on. They are awesome when you need one, like doing a job in seconds that could take you 30 minutes. I always borrow when I need one which isn’t much. I just can’t justify buying one at the moment. One of these days….

Not to badmouth the finecut, but a decent flexible Japanese style flush cut saw will do all that in the same time.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

But there’s a new L-Boxx being introduced in Europe which ‘I think’ Jim had also said is coming to NA at some point whereby unlike the current L-Boxx where you have to unclasp both side bottom latches concurrently

the new ones can easily take a part with one hand. the current models you have to do it with two hands.
    I am really looking forward to the new style

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

I just saw a video review on the new design. I think I’ll modify all of my existing L-BOXXes so they can work with one hand in the same fashion as the new ones. Looks like it would be a simple thing to do. I’ll post some pics when I do.

j

Doobie

I just saw a video review on the new design. I think I’ll modify all of my existing L-BOXXes so they can work with one hand in the same fashion as the new ones. Looks like it would be a simple thing to do. I’ll post some pics when I do.

Please do. Be nice to turn my lboxxes into single hand clasping.

Hi Ron, when I used the boxes for work I kept a few of the white tabs for boxes that were in a close area but I didn’t want them to connect. Easier to grab and pull out. Tip from a friend that worked out pretty well.

That would be nice to see how and what you do to modify them.
    Looking forward to seeing those pictures, thanks for that information.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just can’t justify buying one at the moment.

I would thing you would know a insider that could slip you a extra one under the table……….

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

@Boschmanbrian @Doobie

In the video review I watched (I don’t understand German but the visual part was thorough) the new boxxes have the interlocking part integrated into the lid so the lid’s can be opened even when the box is placed in the middle or bottom of the stack, similarly to the T-STAK boxes. The new design interlocks and is compatible with the current L-BOXXes. The interlocking latches on the new design appears to be the same design with a slightly different shaped lever(red part that depresses to release on each side) but works the same. The recess on the top of each box that captures the red lever/clips has a part edited out that allows a box going on top to be placed into interlocking position with one side going together with a lateral motion and when it stops and locks together, the other side can then be lowered straight down. So, one side can unlocked and the box can be picked up from that same side just enough to unlock it and the box can then be pulled sideways to move the catches sideways out of the interlocking mechanism. I marked the area in the image below that doesn’t exist in the latch recess on the new boxes. I plan to simply cut the small area away so my boxes will be easier to lock and unlock, like the new design.

j

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Meant to include a link to one of the videos, I think this one is a little long but shows the most detail.

j

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

In the video review I watched (I don’t understand German but the visual part was thorough) the new boxxes have the interlocking part integrated into the lid so the lid’s can be opened even when the box is placed in the middle or bottom of the stack, similarly to the T-STAK boxes. The new design interlocks and is compatible with the current L-BOXXes. The interlocking latches on the new design appears to be the same design with a slightly different shaped lever(red part that depresses to release on each side) but works the same. The recess on the top of each box that captures the red lever/clips has a part edited out that allows a box going on top to be placed into interlocking position with one side going together with a lateral motion and when it stops and locks together, the other side can then be lowered straight down. So, one side can unlocked and the box can be picked up from that same side just enough to unlock it and the box can then be pulled sideways to move the catches sideways out of the interlocking mechanism. I marked the area in the image below that doesn’t exist in the latch recess on the new boxes. I plan to simply cut the small area away so my boxes will be easier to lock and unlock, like the new design.

awesome idea/catch on that. I never thought about that mod myself.
    Looking forward to some pictures after you modified yours.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

In the video review I watched (I don’t understand German but the visual part was thorough) the new boxxes have the interlocking part integrated into the lid so the lid’s can be opened even when the box is placed in the middle or bottom of the stack,

That would be nice. The video shows it at around the 8:59 mark.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

awesome idea/catch on that. I never thought about that mod myself.
    Looking forward to some pictures after you modified yours.

I can’t imagine that without cutting away most of the structural strength. I must be missing something. Look forward to seeing what you mean

@boschmanbrian @doobie

Ah thanks for the picture.
    I would be curious to see if it actually make the boxes less structural, and more prone to being damaged, definitely might give it a try on one of my boxes.
    Thanks for the tip and information

MikeK
    Pro
    Darmstadt, Germany, APO

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 294 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.616 seconds