dcsimg

L-Boxx 3 Storage and Organization

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 294 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

it’s also always great to see others modifications, been compiling a folder if people want me to share some?

Sure, please do. I just received my first L-Boxx 4 last week and I went and ordered two more which I’m expecting delivery of today in fact.

Is that the older or the newer model L-Cart you have there?

it’s also always great to see others modifications, been compiling a folder if people want me to share some?

Sure, please do. I just received my first L-Boxx 4 last week and I went and ordered two more which I’m expecting delivery of today in fact.

Is that the older or the newer model L-Cart you have there?

Yup, definitely nice to see some people’s set ups, get great ideas, just like when we see shop pictures, some people have great ways of saving space, works in l boxes to

Doobie

I just received my first L-Boxx 4 last week and I went and ordered two more which I’m expecting delivery of today in fact.

Fedex just left these for me.

MikeK
    Pro
    Darmstadt, Germany, APO

Thanks! But I wanted to know if they could slide all the way down to the bottom if desired.

But just to clarify, there are only two clips? I would have thought it would be four clips – one for each corner.

Also, how tall are the walls of the insert Mike?

The tray can’t slide to the bottom of the box. The front of the tray has two extensions that fit snug into the front of the L-Boxx. Without the two rear clips, the back of the tray can fall a bit into the L-Boxx, but it will eventually be wedged into the rear wall of the L-Boxx. The two clips prevent the rear of the tray from falling and support the load of the tray and contents.

The tray is 105mm (4.134 inches) tall. This leaves 95mm (3.74 inches) of bottom space in the L-Boxx 3 and 232mm (9.13 inches) of bottom space in the L-Boxx 4.

I just received my first L-Boxx 4 last week and I went and ordered two more which I’m expecting delivery of today in fact.

Fedex just left these for me.

Nice, congrats Kevin,

I missed the Purolator drop for my stuff, oh well will have to go pick it up tomorrow 🙂

Doobie

Thanks! But I wanted to know if they could slide all the way down to the bottom if desired.

But just to clarify, there are only two clips? I would have thought it would be four clips – one for each corner.

Also, how tall are the walls of the insert Mike?

The tray can’t slide to the bottom of the box. The front of the tray has two extensions that fit snug into the front of the L-Boxx. Without the two rear clips, the back of the tray can fall a bit into the L-Boxx, but it will eventually be wedged into the rear wall of the L-Boxx. The two clips prevent the rear of the tray from falling and support the load of the tray and contents.

The tray is 105mm (4.134 inches) tall. This leaves 95mm (3.74 inches) of bottom space in the L-Boxx 3 and 232mm (9.13 inches) of bottom space in the L-Boxx 4.

Perfect Mike. Thanks!

Today, I got two more L4s. Built a wood frame in the bottom of one and parked my knock-off (Craftex/Grizzly) Tormek wet grinder in it. Them I strategically cut some foam to keep it from shifting around and potentially damaging the plastic water tray.

Doobie

Just as I posted that, I just thought of a use for my second one I got today. At least for transport and storage purposes. Always seem to have a hard time finding a spot to park my electrical tote. Now I can stack it away when not needed.

Congrats Kevin. They are nice to have. Have to admit that my wife has taken about 15 of mine. They work great for her hobbies.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Just as I posted that, I just thought of a use for my second one I got today. At least for transport and storage purposes. Always seem to have a hard time finding a spot to park my electrical tote. Now I can stack it away when not needed.

awesome doobie that you put your new lboxxs to use already.
    The L-BOXX4’s are just so massive lol
    It might be better to post those ones in the L-BOXX4 thread 😛
    https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/l-boxx-4-storage-and-organization/

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I just thought of a use for my second one I got today. At least for transport and storage purposes.

Great idea, sure makes stacking easy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

It might be better to post those ones in the L-BOXX4 thread 😛

Didn’t even know there was such a thread. Thanks!

Some good solution for storage for sure, I don’t have a 4 but definitely wouldn’t mind having one or two.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

It might be better to post those ones in the L-BOXX4 thread

Didn’t even know there was such a thread. Thanks!

No worries 😛
    But you definitely used every inch out of that l-boxx…that’s for sure.
    There is a thread for each L-BOXX size in the Tool, Jobsite, Workshop Storage and Organization topic

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

Congrats Kevin. They are nice to have. Have to admit that my wife has taken about 15 of mine. They work great for her hobbies.

What kind of hobby is that where she’s using so many Ed?

@siberian

There is a thread for each L-BOXX size in the Tool, Jobsite, Workshop Storage and Organization topic

Didn’t realize that either. Good to know.

What kind of hobby is that where she’s using so many Ed?

@siberian

Didn’t realize that either. Good to know.

She makes all our soaps, into different things with oils, all natural products. These work out well for storage, dark for safe keeping and I am using more of the Ridged boxes.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

She makes all our soaps, into different things with oils, all natural products. These work out well for storage, dark for safe keeping and I am using more of the Ridged boxes.

That’s pretty nice of you Siberian to pass those L-BOXXs along to your wife.
    great hobby she got there.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I put my finecut saw and planer in the lboxx 3

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Congrats on your lboxx4s Doobie. I have a question as I only have 1 lboxx3. The little white clips on the bottom… What are they for?

MikeK
    Pro
    Darmstadt, Germany, APO

Congrats on your lboxx4s Doobie. I have a question as I only have 1 lboxx3. The little white clips on the bottom… What are they for?

The white clips on the bottom of the L-Boxx are used during shipping and prevent the box from latching with another L-Boxx when stacked. I remove the clips on my boxes and throw them away.

Doobie

The white clips on the bottom of the L-Boxx are used during shipping and prevent the box from latching with another L-Boxx when stacked. I remove the clips on my boxes and throw them away.

See, I keep them. If you leave them on you can stack them without them auto-clasping together which in some situations is desirable. I do remove all of them, but have put them back on on occasion just for that purpose.

This is an area where Systainers/Tanos are better where with them you only clasp them together as you want to and they nestle nice enough for most purposes not having to go thru that exercise. Rugged transport does require clasping them properly though such as travelling stacked over rough uneven terain or going up and down steps/stairs.

The older style ‘classic’ Systainers entail two side clasping elements – which some people detest as they can be a nail breaker if you don’t wax your latches and/or don’t have real strong fingers – but they’ve never bothered me, the newer design of Systainers have a front latch triangular turn wheel of sorts to properly latch them together. A lot more efficient, but they don’t latch together in all stacking configuraions of stacking older classics and their newer style. Bit of a logical implementation pain at times as I can never immediately recall which type won’t stack/latch onto the other type, but I really don’t have to deal with that conumdrum often unlike a real tradesperson constantly in mobility. It’s a minor for me having both types in that regard.

But there’s a new L-Boxx being introduced in Europe which ‘I think’ Jim had also said is coming to NA at some point whereby unlike the current L-Boxx where you have to unclasp both side bottom latches concurrently on the current design and instead is all done via one single desengagement mechanism that disengages both sides simultaneously. This would bring the newer L-Boxx design similar in ease of functinality to the current Systainer/Tanos boxes and would be very welcome as it is one aspect of the current L-Boxx that drives me nuts moreso than the Classic Systainer boxes I have. This may be partly due on my end to my being used used to Classic Systainers for a decade versus only have been acquiring and using Bosch’s L-Boxxes for the last couple of years, but I do feel the Classic Systainer is better in this regard versus our current L-Boxx we have in NA still.

As a plus, contrary to my aforementiomed issue with stacking older and newer Systainers, the new and older L-Boxxes will be fully stackable in any configuration of stacking, which is a big plus for trades guys on the go. I’ve seen guys sell off all their old Classic Systainers and buy the newer Systainers but with the new and and old L-Boxxes this will likely not be the case for that intercompatibility of stacking reason issue.

I should note also as I may sound biased somewhat to Systainer/Tanos boxes up this point so far, which is not really the case as both systems have their pluses or minuses, there are aspects of L-Boxxes overall that I prefer any Systainer iteration such as their wider width of all L-Boxxes accompanied by the height of their L-Boxx 4 for certain tools I’ve sought to store that even a Systainer 5 does not accomodate. I actually wish there was an even taller L-Boxx 5 model, but it doesn’t exist even going direct to Sortimo which like Tanos is to Systainer, Sortimo is the parent manufacturer to the Bosch L-Boxx.

The other thing I detest about Systainers/Tanos is their inability to hold on to labels/tape/stickers. Even the product labels that are Festool sold tools that come in a Systainer as such from their factory tend to curl off. It’s like the surface is some weird plastic Teflon of sorts. Aside from using epoxy to keep a label on, everything comes off in due time which is a real friggin nuissance. I’m not about to epoxy my labels either. L-Boxxes do not have this issue.

Curiously as a side note, I think I recall finding out some months ago that Sortimo and Tanos are both owned, or licenced by TTS Tooltechtronics which curiously is the parent company of Festool. Go figure! Somebody confirm/refute that if you please?

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 294 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.488 seconds