dcsimg

L-Boxx 2 Storage and Organization

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 223 total)
  • Author

Cutting the foam with a knife sucks. I too have thought something with a hit knife would be best.

Not to get off subject, know I am (sorry), but think Brad had a nice system. May have to look it up on old threads.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Cutting the foam with a knife sucks. I too have thought something with a hit knife would be best.

Not to get off subject, know I am (sorry), but think Brad had a nice system. May have to look it up on old threads.

It is a hot wire cutter. Do a search on google and you can buy or build. Bosch makes one for sale in Europe I believe.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Are we talking about the kind of hot wire cutters I have seen guys use on Foam based stucco jobs?

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Use one of these and while it is slow, you can cut exactly how you want to.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Thats pretty much what I thought it was. Not sure if you can manually bend the hot end to make a hoop or angle in order to excavate the foam but thats generally it.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

It is a hot wire cutter. Do a search on google and you can buy or build. Bosch makes one for sale in Europe I believe.

Thanks, couldn’t think of it. They do an incredible job. Brad made his and looked like it did a nice job

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Using the L-Boxx2 to transport my masonry slicks, toolers, line, blocks etc tomorrow. My Kunny bag is at another site. It’s too bad they are just loose in it though.

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Using the L-Boxx2 to transport my masonry slicks, toolers, line, blocks etc tomorrow. My Kunny bag is at another site. It’s too bad they are just loose in it though.

What about the dolly you were using?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Thats pretty much what I thought it was. Not sure if you can manually bend the hot end to make a hoop or angle in order to excavate the foam but thats generally it.

you wouldn’t be able to bend it to scoop, you’d have to cut in half, cut at an angle to take out as much as you can then glue the bottom section back together.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Both my 12v jig saw and corded 7.2amp fit really nice. I need to order some kaizen foam so I can fit and protect it better

woodman_412

Both my 12v jig saw and corded 7.2amp fit really nice. I need to order some kaizen foam so I can fit and protect it better

Nice setup Austin! Is the insert that comes with the 12V saw meant for an L1 or L2? Just curious what the depth is on it, 1 or 2.

Dan

danpattison.com

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I am pretty sure its ment for the 1. The insert doesnt go all the way up the side

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

The Kaizen Inserts are online now for the L-BOXX2.
    I send them a message but literally its the same pricing like for the L-BOXX1 kaizen inserts.
    I also gave them the measurements of the depth of the BOXX. (and pictures too)
    So you can also buy an insert which fills up the entire BOXX, thickness gonna be 4″
    Curious if 2-1/4″ thickness of kaizen inserts gonna be ok for instance the Bosch 18V tools.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@madman_us,
    I think you will be OK with the thickness. I had messaged “toolpig” on IG and he responded.
    https://www. instagram.com/p/BJjs5H5BQ9U/ << remove the space and paste to browser.

He is using 2″ for his 18V line and it appears to fit nicely.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Look like that spot was made to hold those two tools Austin. Great fit and use of space.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I think you will be OK with the thickness. I had messaged “toolpig” on IG and he responded.

He is using 2″ for his 18V line and it appears to fit nicely.

much appreciated Frank @58Chev. I have not seen that video from toolpig.
    Kaizen Inserts has 4x thickness’s for the L-BOXX2.
    7/8″; 1-1/8″; 2-1/4″ and all the way to the top.

I will start with the 2-1/4″ thickness and see how they work out.
    I going to order them in the next week or so.
    I want to get a few tools in L-BOXX’s which don’t have a home yet 😀
    The SGH182+MA55 (drywall gun) will get an L-BOXX2 right away.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Here’s some of my L-boxx 2.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

the campbell nail gun fits perfectly in there. looks like there is no room for the gun to slide around 😀
    Will all your screws I would maybe go with the L-Rack-S and some 72 deep drawers.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

the campbell nail gun fits perfectly in there. looks like there is no room for the gun to slide around 😀
    Will all your screws I would maybe go with the L-Rack-S and some 72 deep drawers.

Same with my pasalode. And those guns are almost identical

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.719 seconds