dcsimg

L-Boxx 2 Storage and Organization

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 223 total)
  • Author

Can that Kaizen foam stuff be glued together? What kind of glue if so?

Hopefully Ivan will chime in. He does some incredible foam work in his boxes.

Thanks for the compliment :)
    On my speaker foam I just use contact adhesive spray (google translate from Norwegian to English)
    It works very vell. I think it will work on kazien foam too.

If you look at the L-Boxx tread, you will find a lot of pictures of me using foam in my L-Boxxes.

Your work is so incredibly detailed, Thanks for everything you have posted. Your work is a prime example of “what it should look like”

I did this after work today . I have a sheet of Kazien foam I bought at woodcraft . Used. L-Boxx 1 and 2 for my M 12 lineup . I cut the foam in Half . The L-Boxx 1 has the charger and spare batteries @58Chev @Austin

@Skillman
    Impressive setup. I don’t have any L-boxxes, but am looking to invest. How do you like them? Better or worse than systainers?

I did this after work today . I have a sheet of Kazien foam I bought at woodcraft . Used. L-Boxx 1 and 2 for my M 12 lineup . I cut the foam in Half . The L-Boxx 1 has the charger and spare batteries @58Chev @Austin

@Skillman Impressive setup. I don’t have any L-boxxes, but am looking to invest. How do you like them? Better or worse than systainers?

There two different animals to me . One you can open with two hands and the other just one hand . With systainer’s you can open them up when there stacked together . I love the systainer lock over the Bosch latches .

So far thow I like them a lot . They stack super easy . Boxes help with organization . The plastic is a beat harder then the Systainer . The L-Boxx top handle locks up which i like over the systainer one .

Always willing to learn .

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I have used both pretty extensively, over all I like the sortimo Bosch boxes better. The only thing I like about the systainers better are that to connect them together you pretty much always get it on the first try. All you have to do is slide the back in and twist the t lock but in order to do this you have to have a free hand. Sonetime s with the Bosch you have to take an extra second to line it up to click it in but it is really easy. Also if you have your hand full and are carrying a box you could just click it in and keep going without putting anything down. Now as far as durability the Bosch is miles better. I have seen a couple of systainers crack. So far non with the Bosch. The top and bottom have a pretty solid honeycomb pattern that keeps them strong and the sides don’t flex. I have had a systainer kinda flex the sides and in order to close the lid you had to take a second to do it. I am eventually going to buy a festool dominoer and when I do o will buy an lboxx for it if that tells you anything.

I have used both pretty extensively, over all I like the sortimo Bosch boxes better. The only thing I like about the systainers better are that to connect them together you pretty much always get it on the first try. All you have to do is slide the back in and twist the t lock but in order to do this you have to have a free hand. Sonetime s with the Bosch you have to take an extra second to line it up to click it in but it is really easy. Also if you have your hand full and are carrying a box you could just click it in and keep going without putting anything down. Now as far as durability the Bosch is miles better. I have seen a couple of systainers crack. So far non with the Bosch. The top and bottom have a pretty solid honeycomb pattern that keeps them strong and the sides don’t flex. I have had a systainer kinda flex the sides and in order to close the lid you had to take a second to do it. I am eventually going to buy a festool dominoer and when I do o will buy an lboxx for it if that tells you anything.

@Austin
    . I do love my systainers but I agree that the plastic is not very thick. Actually, I accidentally dropped one a few days ago and a corner cracked. But thanks for the info, that’s good to know. And that domino is a fantastic tool, it will change the way you work.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I couldn’t do it but figure it doesn’t hurt to ask before I get a bigger boxx…

Has anybody be able to fit two drills, an impact driver plus charger into an L2? I can throw out the inserts if it’s what it takes.

What 2 drills are you talking about, I think it could be done as long as it wasn’t 2 hdh181’s. In the top of my 3d (which is baisicly a 2) I have an hdh181 a IDH182 a charger a full set of daredevil bits 4 batteries and a big drill index (1/6 through 1/2 in 64ths)

A HDH181, a DDS181, and IDH182. I can get either three tools inside, or two tools and charger, just not all of them.

Doobie

Interesting observations. Been happy with my systainers, even the older classic style, but I may get into the L-Boxx at some point as well. Thanks for your thoughts!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

There two different animals to me . One you can open with two hands and the other just one hand . With systainer’s you can open them up when there stacked together . I love the systainer lock over the Bosch latches .

So far thow I like them a lot . They stack super easy . Boxes help with organization . The plastic is a beat harder then the Systainer . The L-Boxx top handle locks up which i like over the systainer one .

Too bad they couldn’t combine all the good features into one box.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Rovik
    Pro

Can that Kaizen foam stuff be glued together? What kind of glue if so?

Hopefully Ivan will chime in. He does some incredible foam work in his boxes.

Thanks for the compliment :)
    On my speaker foam I just use contact adhesive spray (google translate from Norwegian to English)
    It works very vell. I think it will work on kazien foam too.

If you look at the L-Boxx tread, you will find a lot of pictures of me using foam in my L-Boxxes.

Your work is so incredibly detailed, Thanks for everything you have posted. Your work is a prime example of “what it should look like”

Thanks 🙂

Norway

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

A paslode framing gun fits in the 2 perfectly. I am now debating on getting kaizen foam for it because it fits so well

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

A paslode framing gun fits in the 2 perfectly. I am now debating on getting kaizen foam for it because it fits so well

Wow that does fit well, almost like it was made to fit in there.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is awesome. I recently purchased a Paslode cordless framing gun and as usual, don’t care for the box it comes in. I may have to start buying L Boxxes sooner rather than later.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Well that’s pretty awesome! I was thinking about apaslode fitting into an L-Boxx the other day, and here it is!

The box they come in is kind of garbage, with all the rounded sides, they slide all over the place.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

@tool_addict do it!! you wont regret it.

@woodsconstruction
    thats why my orange box is in the garbage.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Looks like a pretty snug fit. Probably doesn’t slide around much in that lboxx2.
    great to see some pictures of lboxx2’s

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I may have to start buying L Boxxes sooner rather than later.

Looks like the making of another L-Boxx convert. LOL

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Rovik
    Pro

I know i have posted a picture og my Bosch 10.8V tools before, but this time i use a L-Boxx 2. If i get more tools i have to upgrade to a L-Boxx 3.

Norway

Attachments:
    Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Looks as packed as mine, I see the 10.8 v grinder in there. I am super jealous. How do you like it?

@rovik

Rovik
    Pro

Looks as packed as mine, I see the 10.8 v grinder in there. I am super jealous. How do you like it?
    @rovik

I really love the grinder, it is a nice piece of a equipment.

Norway

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

@rovik

I really love the grinder, it is a nice piece of a equipment.

Thats good to hear, i am going to import one, sooner or later. You have no problem it cutting through lots of metal.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.848 seconds