dcsimg

L-Boxx 2 Storage and Organization

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

There is no tray on the left and the standard driver tray on the right.

I wondered if there was a tray on the right. Thank you for mentioning that.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’d like to see a radio that is the shape of the L-boxx so you can stack it on top (or bottom).

Yea, that would be a great idea if Bosch built in clips for the L-BOXX System.
    I know it has been discussed quite a bit here.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

@crotalusco thanks for all the useful information about the radio in the L box. I definitely going to be Ge one of the PB180 radios now.

woodman_412

I did some rejigging today with some L2 layouts and here is what I came up with. The L2 for my PB180 I still need to get but I laid it out in an L2 that I already have just to see if it would work. So that L2 will hold my PB180, FL12s and 12V vac. The standard insert for the 12V vac is sitting on the right and will have to be spaced upwards since it is designed to fit an L1. Or I might just use foam instead and forget the insert. I’m going to save more points and get a 12V vac that I can keep in the shop since the one we have lives in the house now.

I took the insert out of my L2 for my JS572 jigsaw and set things up so that my Makita jigsaw with my coping foot will fit in there as well. I thought about using foam but there isn’t much extra space in there so everything fits pretty snug as is. Now I have everything jigsaw related all in one spot which I’ve been wanting for awhile. The other bonus is I can leave the dust collection attachment on the JS572 when I put it away where as with the fitted insert you have to take it off.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

im thinking about getting another l-2 for my jigsaw and multitool. i have a makita refurbished omt and i figure if i toss the jigsaws molded plastic case i can fit both the lboxx.. and get a l-shelf and drawer to hold blades and such

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

oooh nice shiny new radio. nice set up for the jigsaws though. Do you often break out both at the same time?
    \

woodman_412

oooh nice shiny new radio. nice set up for the jigsaws though. Do you often break out both at the same time?
    \

Yeah the last finish work job I did I had both saws going. The Bosch was cutting the horns on the sills and the Makita was doing the coping. It’s nice to have the coping foot mounted on a saw where it can stay permanently instead of switching it back and forth.

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I did some rejigging today with some L2 layouts and here is what I came up with. The L2 for my PB180 I still need to get but I laid it out in an L2 that I already have just to see if it would work. So that L2 will hold my PB180, FL12s and 12V vac. The standard insert for the 12V vac is sitting on the right and will have to be spaced upwards since it is designed to fit an L1. Or I might just use foam instead and forget the insert. I’m going to save more points and get a 12V vac that I can keep in the shop since the one we have lives in the house now.

I took the insert out of my L2 for my JS572 jigsaw and set things up so that my Makita jigsaw with my coping foot will fit in there as well. I thought about using foam but there isn’t much extra space in there so everything fits pretty snug as is. Now I have everything jigsaw related all in one spot which I’ve been wanting for awhile. The other bonus is I can leave the dust collection attachment on the JS572 when I put it away where as with the fitted insert you have to take it off.

I like the way yours is set up, i don’t find my d handle has a insert that will fit it. would’ve been nice though to pack everything away properly like that.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Dan looks like you did a god job getting everything to fit in the L2s. Looks nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

L2 that I already have just to see if it would work. So that L2 will hold my PB180, FL12s and 12V vac. The standard insert for the 12V vac is sitting on the right and will have to be spaced upwards since it is designed to fit an L1.

Dan, looks like it was made to fit the L2. Do you think you really need to lift the tray for the 12V Vac?

@woodman_412
    , maybe glue a piece of foam to the lid so the vac will stay in place?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

woodman_412

Dan, looks like it was made to fit the L2. Do you think you really need to lift the tray for the 12V Vac?
    woodman_412, maybe glue a piece of foam to the lid so the vac will stay in place?

That’s a good idea to glue a piece of foam on the lid Frank. That’s what I did with my 12V drill L2 to keep them from moving. I’m leaning more towards doing a custom foam insert than using the plastic insert so if I do that the height won’t be an issue anyway. I’m thinking maybe putting the FL12s on the right side of the L2 would be better just to keep the magnets away from the radio.

Dan

danpattison.com

@woodman_412 great job on the set up, I really have to order the vac and radio. nice job fitting the fl12 inside .

woodman_412

woodman_412 great job on the set up, I really have to order the vac and radio. nice job fitting the fl12 inside .

Thanks Brian. My thought with this setup is it would be an l-boxx that I would grab for just about any job. There aren’t too many jobs that you don’t need a vac, lights and radio for so I figured they would be good to group together.

Dan

danpattison.com

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I really like the L2 set up with vac, radio, and lights. You are right, pretty much every job requires the three of – makes sense to store them together.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

woodman_412

I really like the L2 set up with vac, radio, and lights. You are right, pretty much every job requires the three of – makes sense to store them together.

The only thing is there is no room for either the 12V or 18V chargers in my setup but I always have my drill L2s with me and they have both of those chargers as well as extra batteries in there so I figured it didn’t really matter.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

There aren’t too many jobs that you don’t need a vac, lights and radio for so I figured they would be good to group together.

Good idea Dan. Makes sense to pack them all in one box.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Rovik
    Pro

Here is my Essve crown stapler inside a L-Boxx 2.

Norway

Attachments:
    woodman_412

Nice setup Ivan. How do you like that stapler? I’ve never heard of the brand before.

Dan

danpattison.com

Rovik
    Pro

Nice setup Ivan. How do you like that stapler? I’ve never heard of the brand before.

The stapler performs very well. Essve is a pro brand made in Sweden. I also have a bigger nail gun from this brand and a compressor. Very happy with them.

Here is a catalogue from Essve.
    http://www.essve.com/retail/Products/Catalogue/Online-catalogue1/

Norway

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like you are on an Essve tool kick Ivan. Where are Essve tools made?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.478 seconds