dcsimg

L-boxx 1A Bins

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 120 total)
  • Author

Hey all,

We have a lot of different discussions going on about these little plastic bins. Be it the HF finds or the Lee Valley bins, or even taking them from the drawers of 3Ds…. well, lo and behold… I found at least two potential sets:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-ORG1A-YELLOW-Organizer-L-BOXX-1A-Transport/dp/B00E4WFFDC
    http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-ORG1A-RED-Organizer-L-BOXX-1A-Transport/dp/B00E4WFJ42

So surely the 1a foam is available somewhere too? 🙂
    But they ain’t cheap…. :\

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Great Finds John, I think these options will add even more versatility to the already incredible 1A. I may be going crazy but I didn’t see these on the literature that comes with the Lboxxes I have.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I still don’t get why just the trays are as much as the l-boxx itself. Still a good find and it should mean we will see more options in the future.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

I still don’t get why just the trays are as much as the l-boxx itself. Still a good find and it should mean we will see more options in the future.

Hopefully it is more of an MSRP price and will go down a lot in the near future… but yes, options are definitely nice…

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I have seen those before, but they are spendy. I’ll just get a bunch of boxes and sort them how I want.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That Sortino site that Tom posted on the other thread is a lot cheaper than these and can be bought individually or in a set. I just don’t know how rough it is to order from them

I am with Sven on this. Based on the price, a second l-boxx 1a would be a much better value unless you have to have all of the little red or yellow boxes. But it is good to know you have options.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I am thinking the bins are still in early adopter mode where it is prices much higher than the eventual list price. I wonder if they have any sort of patent on these bins or if we can expect any aftermarket parts in the future.

We should setup a bin swap program to help each other with our configuration needs.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey that’s a good idea Lon,,
    Ok I checked the Sortino site that TOM came up with, I went through the order process to see what shipping costs would be. Well, It wasn’t pretty LOL.
    Just for an example I put 12 little reds and the lid foam for a 1A in my cart and proceeded to check out. Here’s the link and it’s a great site to learn the sizes of the boxes. Thanks TOM http://www.sortimo-shop.com.au/insert-boxx.html

Product Name Unit Price Qty Subtotal

Red A3 Insert Box Each – 52mm X 52mm X 63mm
    Each $0.82 $9.84
    Lid Insert
    Each $7.06 $7.06
    Total $16.90
    Shipping $65.00

DANG IT!!

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I think that was a UK site. I will check to see if they’ll ship cheaper to a colony

Lol.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Shipping $65.00

Holy Schnike, that’s crazy!

If you need a few less of the red bins, here’s another link that’s about $10 cheaper for the set, though it is actually intended for the i-boxx72:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E4WFJ1A?ie=UTF8&camp=213733&creative=393177&creativeASIN=B00E4WFJ1A&linkCode=shr&tag=mznanmn-20

Shipping $65.00

DANG IT!!

Yeah, definitely a hit no doubt. Would be nice if it was at least a flat rate deal to where a guy could really load up, but it isn’t.

I’m also digging this i-boxx setup in the pic. Just need one more set to make it happen

If you need a few less of the red bins, here’s another link that’s about $10 cheaper for the set, though it is actually intended for the i-boxx72:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E4WFJ1A?ie=UTF8&camp=213733&creative=393177&creativeASIN=B00E4WFJ1A&linkCode=shr&tag=mznanmn-20%5B/quote%5D

It is for fewer bins though.

Boyd wrote:
    Shipping $65.00
    DANG IT!!
    Yeah, definitely a hit no doubt. Would be nice if it was at least a flat rate deal to where a guy could really load up, but it isn’t.

Well, we could always get a bigger order together and find a way to split the shipping amongst ourselves 😛 But our best bet for now is probably just waiting in hopes that the price will go down.

Thanks for the other link Lon!

John S

BlackHydra
    Pro
    Landgraaf, The Netherlands

If i may make a suggestion i can get the inserts and the foam for about 45 dollar, maybee less if i search for it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E4WFJ1A?ie=UTF8&camp=213733&creative=393177&creativeASIN=B00E4WFJ1A&linkCode=shr&tag=mznanmn-20/quote

It is for fewer bins though.

Yes definitely watch out for that – the shape of the drawers (anything i-boxx) is not the same as the l-boxx, so not all of the bins are interchangeable (all but the grey side ones).

If i may make a suggestion i can get the inserts and the foam for about 45 dollar, maybee less if i search for it.

I don’t think that is worth it cost-wise… that is the price of an L-boxx 1A here

It is still strange to me that buying the colored bins separately is so expensive, for l-boxxes or i-boxxes

John S

I wish the little boxes would get added to the list. I might get the smaller lidded boxes to use in a L-3 or L-4 to help organize smaller parts or hardware.

Orange County, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It’s how they get you. All storage systems are the same they have sales on the big items to get you into the system but the little inserts and such never go on sale and cost a fortune. It is marketing 101.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

BlackHydra
    Pro
    Landgraaf, The Netherlands

I don’t think that is worth it cost-wise… that is the price of an L-boxx 1A here

It is still strange to me that buying the colored bins separately is so expensive, for l-boxxes or i-boxxes

I’ve seen that to.
    I’ll look for better prices and let you know.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.377 seconds