dcsimg

L-Boxx 1 Storage and Organization

This topic contains 201 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  madman_us 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 202 total)
  • Author

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Too bad those plastic trays aren’t changeable and what I mean is that too bad they don’t have things where you can mock up something in a heat resistant mold and use the oven to change the shape so you can change the plastic tray to fit exactly what you want.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Too bad those plastic trays aren’t changeable and what I mean is that too bad they don’t have things where you can mock up something in a heat resistant mold and use the oven to change the shape so you can change the plastic tray to fit exactly what you want.

Foam inserts. :p

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

Here is my nailer and 10,8 V tools.

Rovik. That’s pretty neat.

I am wondering why the Dremel Flex Shaft is in the 10.8V category ?

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

That would be nice. I see a few logistical challenges though.

What would happen to the insert in a hot trailer if it was easily re-mold-able?

How would you get the shape you wanted? I can’t imagine anyone putting their tools in the oven…

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

How would you get the shape you wanted? I can’t imagine anyone putting their tools in the oven…

lol I was thinking of mocking it up in a piece of wood or something. and you are right about the hot vehicle, it’ll probably melt it. I just found this at leevalley

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/page.aspx?p=70751&cat=1,44047&ap=2

allows for you to cut with a knife to the exact shape you will need. I wonder how it would work in my buddies laser cutter.

My skates were molded at the store when I bought them. Went in what was basically an oven, then I tied them on as tight as possible. They cooled into form in about 10 minutes, and were warm, not hot.

Something like that tech would work. Not too warm, not sticky. But no way to tie it tight to the tool either

If I could find a place to use a vacuum mold for a few hours though….

Or make something like this
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-good,-cheap,-upgradeable-sheet-plastic-vacu/

(too much effort for me, but maybe someone here wants to try? )

thanks to @ethanb for a cool suggestion on starting these threads for different size boxes.

I haven’t been around much lately but I do like this a lot – much easier to follow. Great idea @ethanb

sorry, I missed the part of the first post saying use other threads for discussion.

John S

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@supimeister Wow, nice to see you! Hope your doing well also! BTW I finally put a whole bunch of travel clothes in an L-boxx3 when I was doing some work last weekend.

A Working Pro since 2004

Rovik
    Pro

Here is my nailer and 10,8 V tools.

Rovik. That’s pretty neat.

I am wondering why the Dremel Flex Shaft is in the 10.8V category ?

I use the Dremel Flex Shaft on my Bosch rotary tool. I can also use most or mabe all of Dremel accessories on this tool.

Norway

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

lol I was thinking of mocking it up in a piece of wood or something. and you are right about the hot vehicle, it’ll probably melt it. I just found this at leevalley

allows for you to cut with a knife to the exact shape you will need. I wonder how it would work in my buddies laser cutter.

Isn’t that the same thing as that stuff they call Kaizen foam.

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

That’s something I’m currently in search of at work. That type of foam is often used in packaging and we trash it as it’s not recyclable. I found a couple pieces today but I’m hoping for some big pieces. ‘m envisioning putting it in the L-boxx-1 that came with thre 12v starter kit. Planning on using it for all the little regularly used tools. (Tape measure, knife, GLM 15, FL12, ect.)

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

That’s something I’m currently in search of at work. That type of foam is often used in packaging and we trash it as it’s not recyclable. I found a couple pieces today but I’m hoping for some big pieces. ‘m envisioning putting it in the L-boxx-1 that came with thre 12v starter kit. Planning on using it for all the little regularly used tools. (Tape measure, knife, GLM 15, FL12, ect.)

Yup same scenario, the pictures I posted of my L box 1. Is done with a piece of foam that I too reused from work. , works out great.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I wonder what products it comes in, perhaps we can find a company that gets a decent quantity of this and ask if we could have it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Planning on using it for all the little regularly used tools. (Tape measure, knife, GLM 15, FL12, ect.)

That sounds like a nice idea.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

monman1
    Pro

Heres what i got in my L-boxx 1.

12v impact
    12v hammer drill
    12v Charger
    FL12
    and a tub of bits.

Attachments:

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

12v impact
    12v hammer drill
    12v Charger
    FL12
    and a tub of bits.

Looks a lot like my 12v set up, but I carry my bits seperately. I wish the Bosch bit cases fit into the L-Boxes somewhere…

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

12v impact
    12v hammer drill
    12v Charger
    FL12
    and a tub of bits.

I have a L-boxx 1 on the way. Yours looks like the perfect arrangement for my 12v tools, too.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

All good pics guys!! Trying to decide if I want to abandon my T-locs in favor of L-boxx. I have 4 1’s and a 3. Could make for a good trim tool setup…

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

SamM
    Pro

All good pics guys!! Trying to decide if I want to abandon my T-locs in favor of L-boxx. I have 4 1’s and a 3. Could make for a good trim tool setup…

I was wondering about going the other way. Not seriously. But I really don’t like the way lboxxes lock. You’d be surprised how often being able to sneak into a lower box for a second without unstacking is useful. Though the tlocs are a lot smaller. There’s a lot of tools that just won’t fit (recip for one). and they’re more money usually.

I don’t have any lboxx 1’s. A pair of 2’s and a 3d with drawers. I have a 4 on the way for my cordless dewalt circular saw. Was thinking of making a L4 with dividers for my finish nailers, but I think I like the idea of setting up an L1 for each. Just looks nice and neat, which I like.

I was wondering about going the other way. Not seriously. But I really don’t like the way lboxxes lock. You’d be surprised how often being able to sneak into a lower box for a second without unstacking is useful. Though the tlocs are a lot smaller. There’s a lot of tools that just won’t fit (recip for one). and they’re more money usually.

I don’t have any lboxx 1’s. A pair of 2’s and a 3d with drawers. I have a 4 on the way for my cordless dewalt circular saw. Was thinking of making a L4 with dividers for my finish nailers, but I think I like the idea of setting up an L1 for each. Just looks nice and neat, which I like.

It’s funny you mention the locking design….it is the biggest thing holding me back…I love how easy they go together. The other thing holding me back is the L-boxx would be a third box system in my van…not sure if I want to go that route.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 202 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.853 seconds