dcsimg

Kreg Multi-Mark Multi-Purpose Marking and Measuring Tool

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

This tool looks like a sweet addition to the layout bag? does anybody have anything on it? The Good The Bad and The Ugly?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ARSYRG/ref=pe_512830_112231670_em_1p_0_ti

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Never used that, but I could use something GOOD for scribing against a stucco wall for my last deck board.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I don’t have any input, but I like it. It’s like a bevel on steroids

kzcarp
    Pro

Looks cool, A little less bulky in the bags than a combo square. Not as delicate either. Sure, I’ve wasted 15. bucks on stupider things.

kevin

kzcarp
    Pro

Cali, how tight do you fit the last board to stucco?

kevin

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This tool looks like a sweet addition to the layout bag? does anybody have anything on it? The Good The Bad and The Ugly?<br>

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ARSYRG/ref=pe_512830_112231670_em_1p_0_ti

That looks like a nice tool. Good find. So many tools, so little time.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Never seen that before but it looks like it could come in handy. Kreg usually makes nice stuff.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

I’ve heard nothing but praise for it from a buddy of mine, but I haven’t gotten the itch to have it in any way. Seems like a neat tool, especially since it combines a few different layout tools in one, but I am still content to pass for now.

John S

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I’ve had that in my Amazon cart for 2 months now. I have a mini Empire combination square I use a lot now and thought this might be a nice compliment to it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve had that in my Amazon cart for 2 months now

Amazon gonna have a dron drop at your house soon.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m beginning to like any scribe tool as I have come to the need in the past and always rigged up one, Perhaps it’s time to actually get a real one plus this thing does so much more. Yeah, I like it and the price is cheap enough too. Good find

redwood
    Pro

I just ordered it. I’ll let you know what I think.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Amazon gonna have a dron drop at your house soon.

I’m looking forward to that – I want to see one of them with a 12″ axial glide.

I just ordered it. I’ll let you know what I think.

Nice Mark, looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

hmm.. interesting.. im sorta shocked that i dont have one of those but the way i was taught to do crown is to simply rip a piece of mdf the dimension of where the crown sits against the wall and ceiling set it there and make small ticks on both the ceiling and wall every 2 ft or so.. the block cant go off the measurement by a knob coming loose

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

kzcarp
    Pro

I just picked one up tonight at Lowes. The 6″scale is pretty nice, one face marked in cm, and one in inches, it appears to be etched? Not stamped, anyhow. Installing the scale in the 45* position, it seemed pretty solidly mated and when I scribed a line and flipped the gauge over it registered right on the line. I was surprised, pretty good for plastic. Also molded into the body of the tool is a 3/16″ledge all around the tool. Good or marking reveals for casing, If you haven’t gotten around to making your own reveal block.
    To use as a 90* layout marker or as a depth gauge the scale is slipped into a recess on the backside of the tool and the thumbscrew is installed from the back also. When I installed the scale in the 90* position I noticed a little slop, when I checked by scribing and flipping, as I had done for the 45* I noticed a slight discrepancy, about a pencil line width in 2 1/4″. Not as bad as I had expected.
    The last use suggested on the packaging is as a depth gauge/ internal measure. To set up to use the tool in this way the scale is set into a recess that runs the length of the tool, and either of the positions can be used for the screw. Ten and one half inches is the longest direct inside measurement (4 1/2″ on the scale plus the 6″ length of the tool body) and the same 4 1/2″ is the limit for direct depth measure.
    The level vial appears reasonably accurate, when I had placed it on known level surfaces, as verified with Stabila torpedo.
    If I hadn’t seen it mentioned here I probably would have continued to ignore it at the store, but as it is now, I’m glad I bought it.

kevin

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Ohh, I like that. I know what I’m getting on my next amazon purchase.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just picked one up tonight at Lowes. The 6″scale is pretty nice, one face marked in cm, and one in inches, it appears to be etched? Not stamped, anyhow. Installing the scale in the 45* position, it seemed pretty solidly mated and when I scribed a line and flipped the gauge over it registered right on the line. I was surprised, pretty good for plastic. Also molded into the body of the tool is a 3/16″ledge all around the tool. Good or marking reveals for casing, If you haven’t gotten around to making your own reveal block.<br>
    To use as a 90* layout marker or as a depth gauge the scale is slipped into a recess on the backside of the tool and the thumbscrew is installed from the back also. When I installed the scale in the 90* position I noticed a little slop, when I checked by scribing and flipping, as I had done for the 45* I noticed a slight discrepancy, about a pencil line width in 2 1/4″. Not as bad as I had expected.<br>
    The last use suggested on the packaging is as a depth gauge/ internal measure. To set up to use the tool in this way the scale is set into a recess that runs the length of the tool, and either of the positions can be used for the screw. Ten and one half inches is the longest direct inside measurement (4 1/2″ on the scale plus the 6″ length of the tool body) and the same 4 1/2″ is the limit for direct depth measure.<br>
    The level vial appears reasonably accurate, when I had placed it on known level surfaces, as verified with Stabila torpedo.<br>
    If I hadn’t seen it mentioned here I probably would have continued to ignore it at the store, but as it is now, I’m glad I bought it.

kevin

Great review Kevin, I think I’ll pick one up.

I am really glad Kevin picked one up and gave us some great thoughts! It sounds like it actually does a pretty good job reasonably functioning in several different ways… and though I am still biased towards more precise tools for each individual task in my shop, I definitely see its value for guys on the move on the jobsite who don’t need insane precision

John S

redwood
    Pro

Well I guess that I won’t have to review the Kreg tool. Thanks Kevin.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Nice, Thanks Kevin. I think I’m going to pick up one of these. Pretty inexpensive and they sound like they would be pretty useful. I’ve been really happy with all of my Kreg stuff.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.531 seconds