dcsimg

Knockdown Cutting Table

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 645 total)
  • Author

I know some of you have seen this on other sites, but I thought I would post my cutting table we use. I built this off a concept I saw on another forum. Then I modified and tweaked the design for our wants. It is made from 2 pieces of 3/4″ luan plywood. It can hold a ton of weight. We take this out on the job for breaking down sheet goods or as an extra work table. We will also set it up in our shop when we are doing projects there.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Sorry guys…let me re-size the photos…

Andrew

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Sorry guys…let me re-size the photos…

Looking forward to it, a few of us are new to the track saw club and have been working on some options but it’s always good to hear about options that have been well tested out on site.

Finally figured it out.

Andrew

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

very cool, ive seen several of these online and in magazines. how much plywood does it require to biuld

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I really like that table. Looks very solid yet easy to break down to move. What is the overall size of it?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

very cool, ive seen several of these online and in magazines. how much plywood does it require to biuld

I used two sheets of 3/4″. I made a jig for my Bosch router to make the half lap joints the same on every piece. This way there is no left or right or order to the assembly.

Andrew

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I really like the concept of that table! It looks light weight and east to set up.

That is a nice table. Like the place for rail storage as well. Very convenient. Thanks for posting some pics.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

OA I see you have the 55″ rails going from side to side. Do you have cutouts for a 118″ rail to go from end to end?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

great looking table. Do you have a picture of it broken down?

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

SamM
    Pro
    Halifax, NS

Very cool. I think I know where your inspiration came from.

How is it for transport? I would think if you just threw it in the truck it would slide around a lot. Do you have a way to keep that from happening?

OA I see you have the 55″ rails going from side to side. Do you have cutouts for a 118″ rail to go from end to end?

Yes Randy. I made the slots offset for this purpose.

Andrew

great looking table. Do you have a picture of it broken down?

Here it is in our shop. We keep a sheet of foam with it for cutting on. It keeps the table in better shape and improves dust collection. Also it prevents damage to finished products.

As far as sliding around while we transport it, it’s not been an issue. Usually we carry it in our van and it’s loaded on edge on one side of the van. A quick clamp keeps it together.

I am glad everyone likes it. I can’t take credit for the initial design, but I did add the track storage and the clamping holes around the piece to our version. I am working on a new version.

Andrew

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

over, did you make up the plan from looking at other tables or did you buy a plan for the table? it looks like it would be very handy and not take up a lot of space.

with the clamp holes i could see it working well for assembly also.

@overanalyze

I am glad everyone likes it. I can’t take credit for the initial design, but I did add the track storage and the clamping holes around the piece to our version. I am working on a new version.

I am guessing you saw this on FOG/were influenced there, but I am totally guessing… Then again, I know I saw you post it on the FOG a good bit ago, so maybe that is what I am thinking of haha…

http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-tools-accessories/please-show-me-your-plywood-cutting-tables!/

I definitely like this setup a ton… curious to hear how you are planning to upgrade it

John S

over, did you make up the plan from looking at other tables or did you buy a plan for the table? it looks like it would be very handy and not take up a lot of space.

with the clamp holes i could see it working well for assembly also.

@overanalyze

I saw a picture of a similar one years ago on CT. I came up with my design off that. I knew its main purpose was going to be breaking down sheet goods so it is sized accordingly. It has a 4’x8′ footprint when assembled. Everything else was determined on the fly. It sets up very quick and is very sturdy.

Andrew

I am guessing you saw this on FOG/were influenced there, but I am totally guessing… Then again, I know I saw you post it on the FOG a good bit ago, so maybe that is what I am thinking of haha…

http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-tools-accessories/please-show-me-your-plywood-cutting-tables!/

I definitely like this setup a ton… curious to hear how you are planning to upgrade it

Thanks John! Yep I posted it on the FOG. Not sure if that was the exact thread or not. I have gotten so much valuable tips and tricks over the years from these kinds of forums, that I feel its only right to post stuff myself. I will definitely post my second version when it’s ready!

Andrew

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Looks great! I’ll definitely have to build something like that when I get my track saw..

I don’t remember seeing these pictures. Good looking table! This and Bass’s tri horse are on my list to build for this years busy season.

And I guess I have to get a 118″ rail now. 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 645 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.239 seconds