dcsimg

Knee Pads

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

yah thats never fun dan.. the worst ive ever had was on a cedar deck that we used the hidden fastening system.. with only 3 rows left to put down we were put on hault because of 3 days of heavy rain.. when the rain stopped i had to shimmy on my back under the deck to finish fastening the boards down, i had to wear my rain suit to go under there because of all the mud.. when i came out i had to hose down my suit to get rid of all the mud

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

woodman_412

That sounds like it was a nasty job Jeff. That’s why I prefer doing the majority of my work indoors or in the shop since the conditions are a lot more controlled. Sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do though.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i just pretended like i was in boot camp shimmying under barbed wires and my impact driver was a m16.. made for a more enjoyable day

redwood
    Pro

Jeff wrote:i just pretended like i was in boot camp shimmying under barbed wires and my impact driver was a m16.. made for a more enjoyable day

Yeah, I’ll bet that’s what you were thinking when you were under there.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

lol. no i was thinking ” good grief… is it lunchtime yet

woodman_412

lol I’ll have to remember that next time I have a job like that Jeff. Maybe I can play a sound track of gunfire in the background on my powerbox to make it more convincing 🙂

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

well with the bass on hte powerbox it wouldnt take too much to convince someone

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I pick up the CLC Gel pads when they are on sale. I have 2 and a ½ sets now. I like to wear them all the time now because my knee caps aren’t what they used to be! Also must have a few pairs because they build up a nasty funk to them after a few days in the tropical heat. Red wood knows about this funky smell [*~*]

woodman_412

Dirty wrote:I pick up the CLC Gel pads when they are on sale. I have 2 and a ½ sets now. I like to wear them all the time now because my knee caps aren’t what they used to be! Also must have a few pairs because they build up a nasty funk to them after a few days in the tropical heat. Red wood knows about this funky smell [*~*]

Are the knee pads that you use washable? Or I guess the better question would be if you wash them will the funk go away? 🙂

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

thats what i like about hte volleyball kneepads, i have two pairs right now. after 3 days of wearing them in the heat they hum so i toss em in the laundry hamper to be washed weekly

Jeff I think you like your volleyball kneepads ‘cuz you like to sport a little spandex and play a little game of sand volleyball in your spare time 😛

John S

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i actually use to play volleyball years ago. i played both indoor and beach. went to 1 national championship and the atlantic championsips. plus qualified for 3 nationals. the years we simply qualiifed our team couldnt get the funding to travel to the national

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Very Impressive Jeff.
    Growing up there was no volleyball where I was from, no soccer either. We had baseball, softball, football, basketball, and for the few of us who dared, wrestling.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

jerry, the funny thing is i grew up in a football house, my father was a high school phys ed teacher who also coached university football, during his coaching the team went to 4 national championship games, then when he stopped coaching he kept helping the team out with recruiting, he helped bring in countless players that were apart of the teams that won the national championship in 2000 and 2002. i worked for the team as a waterboy and assistant equipment manageer from 1989 -1995. i had a lot of pressure to play football but when i went to play for a club team i wasnt able to tap into “the mean streak” plus i was already into volleyball..

Boat cushions work great.

Anonymous
    Inactive

John S wrote:Jeff I think you like your volleyball kneepads ‘cuz you like to sport a little spandex and play a little game of sand volleyball in your spare time

Oh John, Hahaha. But as I read on you were absolutely right. Very impressive Jeff.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I am going to have to try the volleyball knee pads. I am using some pretty nice pads right now but the elastic strap that goes behind the knee is obnoxious.

Jeff – that is really impressive! Do you still get to play much volleyball these days or is your body too worn out?

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Jeff, I missed those pics earlier. I love volleyball, just a bit too out of shape to get out there any play.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i havent played in years honestly. the last time i played was 2007 recreationally through school when i was in my 3rd yr apprenticeship block.. in 2010 i was asked to be the skills coach for one of the local high school times however practice and game times clashed with work so i couldnt do it

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.320 seconds