dcsimg

Knee Pads

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Anyone here have a favorite brand of kneepads they use?

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good question, I’ve tried about every brand out there and have never found any that were comfortable to wear when ya stand up and try to walk. I prefer a kneeling pad instead.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

ive tried several types of construciton knee pads and none of them stay in place.. last year i switched to wearing volleyball knee pads.. they actually stay in place aned they work

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

I was wondering if anyone would say volleyball knee pads… What kind do you use Jeff?

John S

redwood
    Pro

I have lot’s of different knee pads as well. I’m not sure if I have a favorite, but they all give my legs funny tan lines, since I use them mostly outside.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i just buy whatevers on sale at the sporting goods store. i think my current ones are ruccanor

haha Mark I can imagine… I used to get crazy tan lines from my shinguards playing soccer… Not sexy, unfortunately

John S

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Thanks for the info Jeff. I have 2 or 3 pr of construction knee pads and none of them work like I want. One pair I was wrapping my knees with ace bandage just so they wouldn’t cut my legs in two.

woodman_412

I’ve tried different knee pads and none of them were terrible but none were great either. I find that I usually just use the knee inserts in my Blaklader pants now if I’m going to be kneeling indoors.

Dan

danpattison.com

I like the blaklader inserts just fine but can’t exactly use them this summer with the shorts 🙂

John S

woodman_412

Yeah I miss the knee pad function now that I’m wearing the shorts every day. I’m looking forward to some cooler days again so that I can switch back to the pants. It’s been super warm here so far this summer.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

wearing shorts was the whole origin of my wearing the volleyball kneepads.. thier extremely comfortable and they replace my knee braces actually except when my knees are really bugging me then i have to wear the braces but the kneepads as well makes it too hard to bend my legs. so i kneel on a piece of foam

woodman_412

When I’m not moving from one spot to another too much I’ll use a kneeling pad too just because it’s easier sometimes than having knee pads strapped on. I’ve used pieces of foam insulation before too and it actually works pretty decent. Is that what you use Jeff?

Dan

danpattison.com

Foam insulation is not a bad idea. I have a piece from a workout mat pad that works well too

John S

woodman_412

I used foam insulation to kneel on when I did the work in my crawl space. It worked really well since the floor was coarse gravel so softer knee pads wouldn’t have been as comfortable. The only drawback was after awhile the foam would tend to crack in half from being on uneven ground.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

sometimes i use 2′ type 2 foam, i also have a couple pieces of the 2′ interlocking foam for putting down on floors in the truck. those sometimes come in handy. i use them for setting tools on when im on a brand new hardwood floor

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I have used foam insulation also. I have also, on the spur of the moment emergency type of thing, used the scraps of blow in foam insulation that are left after the crew trims it back flush to the studs.

woodman_412

I think at one point when I was working in the crawl space I backed the foam insulation with a scrap of OSB so that it would be more durable on the gravel. That kept the foam from getting beat up and cracked.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

ive done the same thing dan. we keep some good sheets of osb around if we have to lay in gravel or in wet dirt

woodman_412

I’ve had to crawl through the access panel and under a few mini homes to do some setup work so I usually keep a pair of coveralls in my shop to wear for doing that. Otherwise I’m filthy when I come out and then need to do work inside the home too. Every time I’ve done it it’s been cold out so I usually have a few layers on so it makes for some cushioning when laying on the gravel. In that case it’s not my knees that need cushioning, it’s my whole body.

Dan

danpattison.com

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.517 seconds