dcsimg

Knee pads

Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Thanks I’m not tall so the 3\4 would be long pants for me

if you are worried about the kneepad being in the wrong spot, i wouldn’t worry too much as the paddng is quite long and should fit. If you want, one of us would be glad to measure from the waist to where the padding starts and ends.

With the nice weather, I finally picked up the Redback knee pads with straps. It’s the same as the knee pad inserts, but with two straps. I find them extremely comfortable, but the strap above the knee will take a little to get used to. The strap seems to fall down, but these are the best knee pads I’ve ever used, so I will take a little awkwardness for comfort.

these guys must be doing a huge advertising push. I just heard of these 2 days ago on instagram, its good to know someone here gives it a thumbs up.

Are these mostly sold online? I don’t think I’ve seen them for sale anywhere around me.

I believe so, I purchased mine off Amazon. I give it a thumbs up, especially for the inserts. I’m still getting used to the straps but I really like their ‘leaf spring design’. They are quite comfortable.

I thought I could get used to the straps above the knee but I was wrong. I found them to be extremely uncomfortable, so I cut them off a few weeks ago. The knee pads are a bit flimsy but I still find their leaf spring design to be the most comfortable I have ever used.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I never like the straps either. That’s why any new work pants I get will be Blackadder’s.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I never like the straps either. That’s why any new work pants I get will be Blackadder’s.

Well I want to try the red back knee pad inserts with the blakladers night be a winning combo

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The red back suck at putting in and out.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

That’s why I went with Blakladers. Will be ordering a fourth pair of them sometime in the coming months. I just love their stuff. Wish I had them decades ago.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I was wearing shorts and used a strapped pair of knee pads at @R-ice. After a few hours I remembered why I liked the built in ones in the Blaklader pants.

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

I was wearing shorts and used a strapped pair of knee pads at @r-ice. After a few hours I remembered why I liked the built in ones in the Blaklader pants.

Get at least the 3/4 pants for when you need them in the summer Chris. I have the US 3/4 model offered there and just love them. a lot cooler in the summer heat than the full pant.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I was wearing shorts and used a strapped pair of knee pads at @r-ice. After a few hours I remembered why I liked the built in ones in the Blaklader pants.

Get at least the 3/4 pants for when you need them in the summer Chris. I have the US 3/4 model offered there and just love them. a lot cooler in the summer heat than the full pant.

Your correct, good call. They would go better with my high Keen Abitibi boots also. Well, better than the plaid golfing shorts I have been known to sneak into.

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yah those are the home depot specials i had prior to getting the blakladers. I have to admit they are better than nothing, but blakladers are the best.

Doobie

Just saw these browsing around on what they have new over at Atlas in Toronto. Made in the UK.

http://www.atlas-machinery.com/RedBacks/STLW20

There are so many different types out there. I went thru this whole thread before posting to see if they’d been shown before and was amazed at some of the designs although on some of them I question, just like I do these ones, ‘are they actually any good’!

These ones toot the following attributes/benefits…..FWIW.

WORLDS BEST KNEE PADS!

• Containing Redbacks® patented leaf spring cushioning

• Designed and approved by an Ergonomist, Clinical Scientist and Biomedical Engineer

• Engineered to comfort and protect

• Articulated straps with dust-resistant fastening

• Can be worn on bare skin or over trousers

• Penetration-resistant waterproof cover

• Soft, breathable inner fabric wicks away sweat

• Scientifically proven to reduce point pressure and distribute weight

• Designed for long term use with 100% continuous support

• Thermal protection from warm or cold surfaces

• Washable at 30°c

• 100% recyclable pad

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Just saw these browsing around on what they have new over at Atlas in Toronto. Made in the UK.

http://www.atlas-machinery.com/RedBacks/STLW20

There are so many different types out there. I went thru this whole thread before posting to see if they’d been shown before and was amazed at some of the designs although on some of them I question, just like I do these ones, ‘are they actually any good’!

These ones toot the following attributes/benefits…..FWIW.

WORLDS BEST KNEE PADS!

• Containing Redbacks® patented leaf spring cushioning

• Designed and approved by an Ergonomist, Clinical Scientist and Biomedical Engineer

• Engineered to comfort and protect

• Articulated straps with dust-resistant fastening

• Can be worn on bare skin or over trousers

• Penetration-resistant waterproof cover

• Soft, breathable inner fabric wicks away sweat

• Scientifically proven to reduce point pressure and distribute weight

• Designed for long term use with 100% continuous support

• Thermal protection from warm or cold surfaces

• Washable at 30°c

• 100% recyclable pad

Yah theyve been advertising quite a bit on Instagram lately. Next time I’m at atlas , I’ll check them out and see if I should replace my blakladers ones with it.

Doobie

Yah theyve been advertising quite a bit on Instagram lately. Next time I’m at atlas , I’ll check them out and see if I should replace my blakladers ones with it.

I actually bought a pair of the super dense foam Blaklader pads a few months ago and haven’t used them yet. They were like $60 at Mr Safety Shoe in south Shwa.

I need to try them. I’m actually starting to have knee issue in the past since last winter for the first time in my life.

That day we did the curb grind, I was also a lot on my feet that day. Next day, more or less kept curbed in activity with a sore left knee. It’s happened more than a few times now. I need to step up my knee game.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

‘are they actually any good’!

I’ve tried the ones that fit in my Blakladers and they are OK , they are hard to but in and out of the pants and kinda move to the side too much for me.

Dirty

Attachments:
    Doobie

‘are they actually any good’!

I’ve tried the ones that fit in my Blakladers and they are OK , they are hard to but in and out of the pants and kinda move to the side too much for me.

That looks real similar to the ones I just posted in certain respects.

So, they kinda suck basically?

Like I said. Nice design….poor in use! 🙁

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

too bad they move around from side to side too much, when i get down there, i’ll check em out and see how they are compared to the regular blakladers. So far i don’t have any complaints with the regular blaklader kneepads, they work fine.

I think you should try the modern technology knee pads that are best for all seasons. There are lots of knee pads manufacturers that are now making high-quality knee pads. These knee pads are breathable and super-soft.you can check this site I hope you would like this. https://topkneepads.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@ChadM ^^^^

Dirty

Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.678 seconds