dcsimg

Knee pads

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I gotta start wearing knee pads again soon. With the weather getting nicer, and wearing shorts, it is not good for me to be kneeling down without them.

That is my biggest complaint about wearing shorts all summer. Ruff on the knees. I need to get a good pair of knee pads.

Get their 3/4 pants. The length stops just below where the knee pad pocket is about halfway up your calf and makes a huge diff in keeping cool in the heat versus having full length pants on in the summer. I just love mine for that when I need knee pads and don’t want to boil to death.

are you talking about this pair?
    http://www.wrkwear.com/1606-short/
    seems like it would be a winner, shorts with kneepads.

With the nice weather, I finally picked up the Redback knee pads with straps. It’s the same as the knee pad inserts, but with two straps. I find them extremely comfortable, but the strap above the knee will take a little to get used to. The strap seems to fall down, but these are the best knee pads I’ve ever used, so I will take a little awkwardness for comfort.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I gotta start wearing knee pads again soon. With the weather getting nicer, and wearing shorts, it is not good for me to be kneeling down without them.

That is my biggest complaint about wearing shorts all summer. Ruff on the knees. I need to get a good pair of knee pads.

Get their 3/4 pants. The length stops just below where the knee pad pocket is about halfway up your calf and makes a huge diff in keeping cool in the heat versus having full length pants on in the summer. I just love mine for that when I need knee pads and don’t want to boil to death.

I have thought about the 3/4 pants a few time. Still would rather wear shorts when it’s really hot here. The boys need to breath a little more when it’s hot out.

With the nice weather, I finally picked up the Redback knee pads with straps. It’s the same as the knee pad inserts, but with two straps. I find them extremely comfortable, but the strap above the knee will take a little to get used to. The strap seems to fall down, but these are the best knee pads I’ve ever used, so I will take a little awkwardness for comfort.

Those Redback knee pads sound nice. I think the upper strap would drive me nut’s.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Those Redback knee pads sound nice. I think the upper strap would drive me nut’s.

Yes the strapes drive me nuts too.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Me too. I use a gel filled kneeling pad when working down low that saves the knees.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

these guys must be doing a huge advertising push. I just heard of these 2 days ago on instagram, its good to know someone here gives it a thumbs up.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

these guys must be doing a huge advertising push. I just heard of these 2 days ago on instagram, its good to know someone here gives it a thumbs up.

Are these mostly sold online? I don’t think I’ve seen them for sale anywhere around me.

Me too. I use a gel filled kneeling pad when working down low that saves the knees.

Yea, the straps in that location are definitely not ideal. I like the gel knee pads but I find the gel always moves to one side or another and gets uncomfortable.

Are these mostly sold online? I don’t think I’ve seen them for sale anywhere around me.

I believe so, I purchased mine off Amazon. I give it a thumbs up, especially for the inserts. I’m still getting used to the straps but I really like their ‘leaf spring design’. They are quite comfortable.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

it is sold online but i think atlas machinery also started to carry it, i think that was what the comments were saying.

Doobie

I have thought about the 3/4 pants a few time. Still would rather wear shorts when it’s really hot here. The boys need to breath a little more when it’s hot out.

Guess I’m getting old. Mine are low enough to enjoy the breeze if I wear boxers and my 3/4’s. Lol. 😲

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I always take off the top straps and just use the lower ones. I could actually use new ones. I have to skim through the thread to see what options you guys have found.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Clev08
    Pro

are you talking about this pair?
    http://www.wrkwear.com/1606-short/
    seems like it would be a winner, shorts with kneepads.

With the direction society is going I knew it was only a matter of time before they made men’s kapris lol.

Brackers
    Pro
    Waterloo, Ontario

I have knee pads as part as part of my essential tools. at 51 yrs its hard on the bear floor.
    In the colder weather they sweat allot and if I’ve spent all day doing a floor there is a little discomfort from the straps but so much better than the knee pain.
    To all you youngsters out there, its worth wearing knee pads if you spend anytime on the floor.
    I have for quicker jobs placed my knee pads on the floor and placed my knees on them, that’s pretty comfortable if your not moving around and getting up and down.

Bob…

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I am fine with the Cheapie Home Depot ones sometimes. I buy two or 3 pairs, and when one pair gets tattered, or smelly, I pitch em and start over.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I have knee pads as part as part of my essential tools. at 51 yrs its hard on the bear floor.
    In the colder weather they sweat allot and if I’ve spent all day doing a floor there is a little discomfort from the straps but so much better than the knee pain.
    To all you youngsters out there, its worth wearing knee pads if you spend anytime on the floor.
    I have for quicker jobs placed my knee pads on the floor and placed my knees on them, that’s pretty comfortable if your not moving around and getting up and down.

Bob…

@Brackers
    I know all about it. The first few years I was plumbing I never wore knee pads. I’d say 80% of my work is done kneeling down so I did some serious damage to my knees. Luckily I found out about the Blaklader pants once I joined up here and they have really saved my knees. I tried wearing the pads with the straps but the back of my legs would always hurt.

Doobie

I tried wearing the pads with the straps but the back of my legs would always hurt.

I never got used to the strap ons. I’m so grateful for my Blakladers now.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Bob…

@Brackers I know all about it. The first few years I was plumbing I never wore knee pads. I’d say 80% of my work is done kneeling down so I did some serious damage to my knees. Luckily I found out about the Blaklader pants once I joined up here and they have really saved my knees. I tried wearing the pads with the straps but the back of my legs would always hurt.

I have to agree. I haven’t found pants I like better than the Blakladers. Nothing beats the comfortable knee pads when scarifying a concrete pad.

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I tried wearing the pads with the straps but the back of my legs would always hurt.

I never got used to the strap ons. I’m so grateful for my Blakladers now.

I got used to it, i just had to make sure as i was kneeling down i do a quick hit of the kneepad to get it in to place. However you are right that blakladers made that obsolete and does work much better.

You want to check out Durakneez.com…they have a single strap, no-bind design that really works. The most comfortable kneepad on the market by far. You can kneel on rocks and there is no discomfort…incredible. Best and last kneepad you will ever own bar none.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 178 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.519 seconds