dcsimg

Knee pads

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Do these make your knees sweat? Do they have any venting in them?

Yea they sweat. My jeans are wet when I take them off. But I do think the heat/sweat help soothe my knees a little bit.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

http://www.lowes.com/pd_263985-1492-1L-22387-V2_4294932209_4294933768_?productId=1075951&Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr%7C0%7C%7Cp_product_quantity_sold%7C1&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl_Other_4294932209_4294933768_%3FNs%3Dp_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr%7C0%7C%7Cp_product_quantity_sold%7C1

just picked up a pair of these. we’ll see how they do. the hinge is kind of stiff, but it keeps the pad off my knees while im standing up. hopefully they stay in place enough. i picked up a kneel pad as well. gonna keep that on the back door of my van for crawling around in there.

woodman_412

Ever since I got my Blaklader pants a couple years ago and tried the knee pads in them I’ve never used a pair of strap on knee pads since. I find they are so much more comfortable and you forget you have them in until you kneel down and feel the cushioning.

Dan

danpattison.com

KenW
    Pro

picked up a kneel pad as well. gonna keep that on the back door of my van for crawling around in there

Nothing worse then crawling around on a metal floor. Knees hurt just thinking about it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

jeff.lagana wrote:
    Yea they sweat. My jeans are wet when I take them off. But I do think the heat/sweat help soothe my knees a little bit.

I don’t think there is any decent pad that doesn’t also put you knees in a sauna.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

jeff.lagana wrote:

I don’t think there is any decent pad that doesn’t also put you knees in a sauna.

What kind of work are you doing you need cool knee pads?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

I only like the ones integrated into the pants. Could never handle the straps around the back of my knee/legs.

I think I just got a notice from some supplier a week ago or so about a less annoying wrap around type made with a forgivong fabric. I’ll see if i can find it.

Doobie

I only like the ones integrated into the pants. Could never handle the straps around the back of my knee/legs.

I think I just got a notice from some supplier a week ago or so about a less annoying wrap around type made with a forgivong fabric. I’ll see if i can find it.

Found it. Lee Valley to the rescue once again!

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=72806&cat=51&ap=1.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Those doo look more comfortable, but I doubt their durability.

woodman_412

I’ve never noticed those at Lee Valley before. They do look really comfortable but I wonder how they would stand up to working on site. I guess it depends on what you’ll be using them for.

Dan

danpattison.com

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

They do look like they would be comfortable. But like the others don’t see them holding up very well.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

the Blakladers are nice – but sometimes the foam pocket can be a bit too high or low, depends on the fit a bit I find

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

dan, princess auto sells kneepads that are similar to those ones

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

So knee pads I bought last weekend are pretty terrible. Gonna return em. Looks like I might have to look into the pro knee ones posted earlier

woodman_412

dan, princess auto sells kneepads that are similar to those ones

Are they any good Jeff? I’ll have to get in there sometime, I haven’t been since we moved back here.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

Those doo look more comfortable, but I doubt their durability.

I would agree with that. Especially when used on rough and abrasive surfaces.

Doobie

the Blakladers are nice – but sometimes the foam pocket can be a bit too high or low, depends on the fit a bit I find

They kinda bugged me in that regard at first as well. After a while you just get used to tugging your pant legs up just the right amount so they sit OK without even thinking about it. Way better than strap ons for my liking.

Back in the day a couple of us had a piece of material sewed over the pants making a pocket below the knees , then stuck a piece of foam in it. This was done when we installed carpet. Worked OK on rubber back and when using the power stretcher, not so well on the kicker. Tried several sets of pads but never found one Im comfortable with over the last several years. May be my fault since I never spent much money on them.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have not strapped on a set of knee pads sense I started using the Blakladers.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I think I might have to try the blakladers. The x1600 ones come with the pads, right? My brawnys didnt.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 178 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.677 seconds